seadog
Earwegoagain
mouldyoldgoat
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
PatDunne

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 11:08 am

Guardian today, grim reading for the Harve, who for some reason seems to have missed this...

Meanwhile, the country’s two main political parties switched places in terms of overall support this week. The Conservatives lead by three points on 41%, with Labour on 38%. Labour has dropped by four points, while the Conservatives have gained three. It continues a trend since the summer which has seen neither party secure a clear lead.

Keir Starmer has also surrendered his narrow lead over Boris Johnson as best prime minister. Two weeks ago, Starmer led Johnson by 33% to 31%, but he now trails him by a point.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 11:29 am

Lockdown 2.0 is to end on December 2 and strengthened tiers brought in so I just read.

Also read yesterday that coronavirus antibodies last six months, according to a study of healthcare workers at Oxford University Hospitals and pre-existing immunity from other coronaviruses can protect from covid, another study found.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 11:32 am

There is always 2 sides to things like this.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 3:05 pm

Scottish Record today - Elderly hospital patients infected with coronavirus will still be sent into care homes despite assurances they would first need a negative test result, the Sunday Mail can reveal.

Health Secretary Jeane Freeman is facing a furious backlash after admitting the shocking practice – believed to have contributed to deadly outbreaks during the first wave of the pandemic – is still allowed under her official guidelines.

What on earth is Scotland doing? supping too much whiskey Sturgeon? so much for the much admired(by some) competent leadership.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 7:14 am

Astrazeneca only effective to 70% just released news on prelim results
Markets seem to like it though
Dow and FTSE futures both moved up
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 7:47 am

It’s a strange one. Before the Pfizer & Moderna Phase 3 trials were announced, something that protects 70% of people would have been celebrated hugely. But it’s almost a bit of a damp squib now.

On the plus side adjusting the dose to half, followed by a full dose got up to 90% success.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 12:31 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
It’s a strange one. Before the Pfizer & Moderna Phase 3 trials were announced, something that protects 70% of people would have been celebrated hugely. But it’s almost a bit of a damp squib now.

On the plus side adjusting the dose to half, followed by a full dose got up to 90% success.

Plus it can be stored at fridge temperature, it’s 3 times cheaper and Harve’s mates have ordered 100 million doses. Winner winner chicken dinner cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 2:06 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Astrazeneca only effective to 70% just released news on prelim results
Markets seem to like it though
Dow and FTSE futures both moved up

Listening to the phone-ins on the radio, there are many who will not be accepting the vaccine - or one of the other two - and citing the length of time it has taken to develop them. Some even suggesting that short cuts have probably been a part of the science.

And as the vaccine(s) are not compulsory, more people may not have the jab(s). That is a bit of a worry then !!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 2:25 pm

The more the merrier as far as I am concerned. The more people who refuse it will mean those who want it will be done sooner. Those anti vaxers should not expect to be treated if they do get Covid.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 2:43 pm

You don't need 100% immunisation to wipe out a disease. I read that we need to get to 70% immunisation levels to wipe out Covid. If too many people refuse it then maybe you should get a certificate which you would need to show to get in a pub?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 3:39 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
You don't need 100% immunisation to wipe out a disease. I read that we need to get to 70% immunisation levels to wipe out Covid. If too many people refuse it then maybe you should get a certificate which you would need to show to get in a pub?

I think there’ll definitely be some sort of digitalised national database that will register exactly who has and hasn’t been vaccinated. This will then be used to prove you’ve been vaccinated when it comes to air travel and I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a similar stipulation put in place for our railways.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 5:13 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I think there’ll definitely be some sort of digitalised national database that will register exactly who has and hasn’t been vaccinated. This will then be used to prove you’ve been vaccinated when it comes to air travel and I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a similar stipulation put in place for our railways.

I can see a growing band of businesses and employers (non-governmental) requiring a form of certification stating that you have had the jab before you can set foot on the premises for work, play and travel - private sector leading the way.

Those that do not want the jab will soon find themselves ostracised when they can't function normally.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 pm

Madness; Just announced - 3 household bubbles allowed to mix, plus travel restrictions lifted for Christmas.

Oh, in other news, 608 deaths also announced. the highest since May.

One can only hope that people use common sense and bin this shit until we get a vaccine. If not, I think we'll pay dearly for this shit dearly in January/February.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 6:13 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Don't give them ideas ffs
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 6:55 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Makes perfect sense to me.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 11:05 pm

Vax deniers should have an X tattooed on their foreheads, that should make them easily avoidable.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 12:50 pm

POI wrote:
Madness; Just announced - 3 household bubbles allowed to mix, plus travel restrictions lifted for Christmas.

One can only hope that people use common sense and bin this shit until we get a vaccine. If not, I think we'll pay dearly for this shit dearly in January/February.

I am not visiting relatives this Christmas, do not fancy sitting on a packed railway station platform then sitting on a packed train. Staying at home and enjoy home comforts.

For all the pleas that the government and scientists are making, a minority of people will not adhere to them.

MP Gary Streeter concerned that Brizzle could prevent Devon and Cornwall going into tier one
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 1:57 pm

seadog wrote:
Vax deniers should have an X tattooed on their foreheads, that should make them easily avoidable.

Qantas leading the way in saying you take the vaccine or you dont fly with us
Have little doubt that will become industry wide for all airlines and in my opinion thats fair enough

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 5:49 pm

Should be a pre condition of entering the airport.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 6:01 pm

seadog wrote:
Should be a pre condition of entering the airport.

Absolutely.....

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 6:15 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
POI wrote:

I am not visiting relatives this Christmas, do not fancy sitting on a packed railway station platform then sitting on a packed train. Staying at home and enjoy home comforts.

For all the pleas that the government and scientists are making, a minority of people will not adhere to them.

MP Gary Streeter concerned that Brizzle could prevent Devon and Cornwall going into tier one

That's ridiculous really. Brizzle is 120 miles from Plymouth and about 200 miles from Truro. I would have thought that cities should be in their own zones in SW, if Plymouth is higher than rest of Devon then higher tier in Plymouth simples.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 12:11 pm

Plymouth in tier two, Cornwall in tier one and Brizzle in tier three.

All non-essential shops can reopen so I read, expect town to be chock-a-block from the day the lockdown is lifted.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Everyone off to Saltash & Torpoint on the piss drunken
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 2:45 pm

How many will be sneaking down to stay in Kernow over Crimbo?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 3:50 pm

We are going into tier 3 so no visits to family before or during Christmas. cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next