16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 1:04 pm

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Rumour coming from another site that the player on trail is Cameron Pring from Bristol City who was on loan at Walsall last season

how bad is our transfer budget ffs :O
surely it’s not that much of a surprise they got The excuses in early doors on the fans forum about the playing budget peanuts & monkeys spring to mind as per usual when it comes to recruitment
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 11:58 am

Herald have confirmed the triallist is Lewis Page from Charlton. Left Back who has had a lot of injuries during the last couple of seasons-

Trialist Lewis Page will play for Plymouth Argyle in their behind-closed-doors pre-season game against Plymouth Parkway at Home Park on Saturday.

The 24-year-old left-back is a free agent after his contract at Charlton Athletic expired at the end of June.

Page has had his career badly disrupted by injuries over the past couple of seasons.

However, he has come highly recommended to Pilgrims’ boss Ryan Lowe by Charlton assistant manager Johnnie Jackson.

Page, who has not played a competitive match since October 2018, has been training with Argyle at Harper’s Park this week.

Lowe said: “Lewis has been fantastic. I spoke to his agent and he had a good recommendation from Johnnie Jackson at Charlton.

“Johnnie is a good friend of mine. He was on my (coaching) course with me.

“The lad has suffered with injuries but that’s a side we are obviously looking for. It’s well documented.

“Lewis has come in. He is with us this week and will play some part on Saturday, and then we will have a chat with him.”

Lowe is in the market for a left wing-back after Callum McFadzean decided to leave Argyle and George Cooper returned to Peterborough United after being on loan last term.

Page signed for Charlton from West Ham United in January 2017 and went on to make a total of 27 starts for them.

His only goal for the South London club was a spectacular third minute strike in a 2-1 League One victory over Argyle at The Valley in March 2018.

Lowe continued: “He has had a two tough years. I was never one for injuries, I was always alright.

“Schuey (Argyle assistant manager Steven Schumacher) had a bad ACL injury,and it’s not a nice thing to have.

“I think he (Page) has had a hamstring injury and a hip injury, but I feel that a quality player like him can certainly get back to full fitness.

“He’s still only 24 so we thought we would get him in and have a look at him.

“He has done fantastic. He has done all of the pre-season so far since he has been here. He has not missed a day.

“We will have a look at him in the game (against Parkway) and then take it from there.

“Sometimes you have to get these type of lads in, and see what they are like and see what their fitness is like.

“He has been different class the boy so long may that continue.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 12:06 pm

Not played since 2018? sounds perfect up there with the paul bernard's of the world get him in on a 3 year deal ryan. Bound to hailed as fantastic signing despite no kid seeing him play but im getting old clearly.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 12:17 pm

There's gotta be caution here to minimize the risk of another Taylor situation. If he proves his fitness maybe give him a 6 month deal.
Back to top Go down

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
There's gotta be caution here to minimize the risk of another Taylor situation. If he proves his fitness maybe give him a 6 month deal.

thats a good idea if he does make the grade in ryans eyes. 6 months with an option of another 6 months to be activated or not by the club in january and then offer him a longer deal in the summer if he proves his injury worries are behind him.

come what may we will need another LWB on top of him or another so there's competition and cover for that area given its importance to how ryan plays the game.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 12:56 pm

Have a look at the goal he scored against us at their ground,

Back to top Go down

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 1:05 pm

we were shite that day, that guy's goal undid del bheys one and only game plan and we looked bad the rest of the game lol think this must have been the reluctant ones lightbulb moment to offer him a new 5 year deal with director of football role thrown too booy soon afterwards. good goal though.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 1:29 pm

Yet another player prone to hamstring injury!

He can keep Mr Telford company in the treatment room
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 5:10 pm

Do we ever sign a player without an injury record these days? I look forward to the day when we land a really decent player who hasn't been passed around clubs with injury issues.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 6:41 pm

We've been linked by Alan Nixon, with injury prone winger, Will Buckley. He's 31 and had a few clubs. Being a winger i wouldn't have thought he'd suit the system? (Like Joel Grant) Unless he can be converted into a wing back like Nicky Adams?
Back to top Go down

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 7:12 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
We've been linked by Alan Nixon, with injury prone winger, Will Buckley. He's 31 and had a few clubs. Being a winger i wouldn't have thought he'd suit the system? (Like Joel Grant) Unless he can be converted into a wing back like Nicky Adams?

is living in the south west really that bad that we can only attract injury prone players and those using the club as a stop gap.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 7:46 pm

I thought we was signing a midfield
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 11:14 am

A possible player, believed to be Panutche Camara (released by Crawley yesterday) has been photographed being shown around Home Park (in the light green shirt)-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 11:55 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
A possible player, believed to be Panutche Camara (released by Crawley yesterday) has been photographed being shown around Home Park (in the light green shirt)-

ill be fecked if i know how to pronounce his first name Laughing Laughing

another player i dont know much about bar he is a box to box kind of player which is the role sarce played in our team. Another one to let time see how he does and if hes a good signing or not in league one.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 12:02 pm

He's scored 6 in just over 100 games for Crawley so could be a box to box player?

The Crawley Technical Director (Twitter @Erdem_Konyar )said the below about him. Panutche is from Guinea, so the international part is relatively easy compared to the Premier League part.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 12:09 pm

Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

is living in the south west really that bad that we can only attract injury prone players and those using the club as a stop gap.

pafc_casual on p'bay has said we are not interested in Buckley.

PAFC123 who mentioned Lewis Page was the trialist, before it was common knowledge, has said we are trying to get Maynard (which would make us quite top heavy up front, although Lowe did say in yesterday's press conference that he would sign another striker if a decent one was available).
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 12:34 pm

I used to know who the players were we were signing/linked to etc.

Sign of getting old I guess.....
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 12:50 pm

Crawley Town midfielder Panutche Camara has confirmed his departure, thanking the club for the 'opportunity to become a professional football player'.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 12:52 pm

Where ATD goes the Herald follows

Plymouth Argyle are close to completing the signing of Crawley Town midfielder Panutche Camara.

The 23-year-old is understood by Plymouth Live to be the ‘exciting prospect’ who manager Ryan Lowe referred to during a Press conference at Home Park on Thursday.

Lowe told the media that Argyle had ‘agreed a deal’ with a midfielder but did not want to confirm his identity at the time.

Crawley announced on social media late on Thursday night that Camara would be leaving them and he is believed to be at Home Park today.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 1:30 pm

Could be the next Steve Castle
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 1:53 pm

Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

another player i dont know much about bar he is a box to box kind of player which is the role sarce played in our team. Another one to let time see how he does and if hes a good signing or not in league one.

I believe it's pronounced Pa nut che.
Back to top Go down
Jim and Wilson

Jim and Wilson

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 5:51 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

I believe it's pronounced Pa nut che.

Is that che as in “she”or che as in “chee” or che as in “chay?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 6:59 pm

My Guinea-Bissau Dictionary says.....Pa-noot-chi.... scratch ... Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 8:11 pm

Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

I thought they only ventured into deepest Devon on home match days?
Back to top Go down

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 8:46 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

I thought they only ventured into deepest Devon on home match days?

that is true but idf they arent even prepared to do that then we are screwed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumours   Rumours - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumours
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next