Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)

Go down 
+2
Chemical Ali
argylepaul
6 posters
AuthorMessage
argylepaul

argylepaul

Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) Empty
PostSubject: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:23 pm

Did you know that Accrington is the home of John Rex Whinfield, the inventor of Terylene, and Coronation Street's favourite transexual character, Haley Cropper.
I didn't know either. Two great reasons to go on Saturday.
But, it just gets better. It is also the birthplace of former Corrie bag Janice Battersby, and Sky cricket commentator, David Lloyd. Start the car! Who's going?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Accrington is famed for manufacturing the hardest and densest building bricks in the world, "The Accrington NORI" (iron), which were used in the construction of the Empire State Building and for the foundations of Blackpool Tower; famous for its football team and for having Europe's largest collection of Tiffany Glass clown
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 7:05 pm

In the Haworth Art Gallery,wiki's great innit.
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 9:39 pm

downthetrack wrote:
In the Haworth Art Gallery,wiki's great innit.
I found out about Haley Cropper in an article in my 'New Woman. New You' PDF format magazine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 9:43 pm

who are they?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 9:46 pm

GibGreen wrote:
who are they?

who are d'ey? Milkkkkkkkk
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Accrington won the Lancashire town of culture award on a hattrick of occasions from 1981 - 83. Part of the filming for Star Wars took place in Accrington and the town has been used for scenes in Zulu and Brokeback Mountain as well. Pele's favourite holiday destination, as a child, was Accrington and he enjoyed many an afternoon in the Haworth Art Gallery; the Brazillian even subtitled his Biography 'Pele- My Life in Accrington'. The Great Suprendo was once arrested in Accrington Town centre after defecating all over the main High Street after a dodgey curry at the Tandori Imam- the larger than life magician was made to do 200 hours community service picking up dog shit in the local parks. Accrington is listed in the Doomsday Book in its French name 'Town de Merde'. It's list of former illustrious inhabitants includes Bernard Manning, Bouncer from Neighbours, The Queen Mum and Norris McWhirter. Several Musical Artists have written songs about the joys of Accrington including the Pogues 'Dirty old Town', Petula Clark's 'Downtown' and Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'Sweet Home, Accrington'.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:47 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
famous for its football team and for having Europe's largest collection of Tiffany Glass clown

I was planning to go to Accrington until lack of money got in the way. Wish I'd decided to now, though - I could have spent the afternoon looking at the glass. I loves Art Nouveau, I do.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:58 am

Each week, nay each game against whatever footballing aristocrats pitch up against us presents me with another wall for me to bang my head against. I'm absolutely converted to being a "the likes of" man Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:12 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Accrington won the Lancashire town of culture award on a hattrick of occasions from 1981 - 83. Part of the filming for Star Wars took place in Accrington and the town has been used for scenes in Zulu and Brokeback Mountain as well. Pele's favourite holiday destination, as a child, was Accrington and he enjoyed many an afternoon in the Haworth Art Gallery; the Brazillian even subtitled his Biography 'Pele- My Life in Accrington'. The Great Suprendo was once arrested in Accrington Town centre after defecating all over the main High Street after a dodgey curry at the Tandori Imam- the larger than life magician was made to do 200 hours community service picking up dog shit in the local parks. Accrington is listed in the Doomsday Book in its French name 'Town de Merde'. It's list of former illustrious inhabitants includes Bernard Manning, Bouncer from Neighbours, The Queen Mum and Norris McWhirter. Several Musical Artists have written songs about the joys of Accrington including the Pogues 'Dirty old Town', Petula Clark's 'Downtown' and Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'Sweet Home, Accrington'.

Bernard Manning and Norris McWhirter! lol! Proper hotbed of tolerance and the multi cultured society,then.Didn't Norris McW get gunned down by the IRA?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 11:18 am

Nope that was his twin Ross McWhirter.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Dirty o'Town was about Salford,But i guess Accrington is another northern shit hole
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:47 pm

How is the town of Accrington going to cope when a personality of the magnitude of Chris Webb comes to visit on Saturday ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:21 pm

You've probably all upset them now.........a 2-0 defeat.....will now turn into a 5-0 thrashing.

Please keep quiet about the old Ford rust buckets that used to come out of Dagenham in the 1970/90s....or else we'll get another tonking next week as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:18 pm

ZYPH wrote:
You've probably all upset them now.........a 2-0 defeat.....will now turn into a 5-0 thrashing.

Please keep quiet about the old Ford rust buckets that used to come out of Dagenham in the 1970/90s....or else we'll get another tonking next week as well.

I have two of those 1970's cars see them here RUST BUCKETS
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Grumpy wrote:
ZYPH wrote:

Bleddy nice them, Grumps! Very Happy

Think I had the same 4-spoke RS Alloys on my Fiesta Supersport back in the day!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Grumpy wrote:
ZYPH wrote:

Bleddy nice them, Grumps! Very Happy

Think I had the same 4-spoke RS Alloys on my Fiesta Supersport back in the day!

Thanks for that, the red one has amongst lots of other mods a Cosworth engine and gearbox with 212bhp

The green machine is bog standard with 57bhp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)   Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Accrington - The home of Terylene and Haley Cropper (who's he?)
Page 1 of 1