RegGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
seadog
sufferedsince 68
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 8:43 am

PatDunne wrote:
Posters on the farm asking if the roof supporting posts are going when the stand is refurbed and is the roof being extended over the terrace, correct answers are given but jeez, people supported the greater development and don't even know the shit makeover they were supporting.

This is largely thanks to the Herald who have been using innacurate images of how the grandstand will look post makover stage 1. There is no budget nor time frame for phase 2

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 9:08 am

The guy I sat by in the Lyndhurst on Saturday was beside himself with excitement over the plans, especially the filled in corners.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 9:12 am

going to be some disappointed Janners then.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 9:35 am

Dingle wrote:
The guy I sat by in the Lyndhurst on Saturday was beside himself with excitement over the plans, especially the filled in corners.  

Obviously he doesn't log into ATD
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 9:37 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Posters on the farm asking if the roof supporting posts are going when the stand is refurbed and is the roof being extended over the terrace, correct answers are given but jeez, people supported the greater development and don't even know the shit makeover they were supporting.

This is largely thanks to the Herald who have been using innacurate images of how the grandstand will look post makover stage 1. There is no budget nor time frame for phase 2

[url=https://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=102830]

This for me largely sums up my frustrations over the 'just get it built' brigade.

I mean what kind of dipshit would support something they dont fully comprehend?!

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 9:50 am

Theres plenty
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 1:39 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Dingle wrote:

Obviously he doesn't log into ATD
he has log in problems lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 3:09 pm

Will the Snow delay the Mankover?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 3:42 pm

Brent could make a igloo grandstand, save on bricks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 6:02 pm

beesrus wrote:
Once it was clear what Brent was, PCC have done whatever they could to roll back things by getting rid of him  as preferred developer of the civic centre building. Don't forget, Brent spent a couple of years grooming the council within the Plymouth Devlopment organisation that has long since folded. They almost certainly rue the day the pavillions deal was done.
And the real HHP damage was done in the early days with the passing of his ludicrous Plan A that allowed "town use" at HHP. After that, it was almost impossible legally to refuse him permission this time around for further town use. And I'll say something else, it will almost be impossible under present rules to stop someone turning the "uneconomic" hotel and offices into residential appartments after a few years. We've been had.

I have heard the same thing regarding future residential accommodation in relation to the ridiculous number of student blocks, with many still planned, even though the ones already built are not filled.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 7:57 am

Into the 78 day and a precis

Portacabin moved
6 staff moved to Plumer
and a vague announcement that mayflower is out of bounds till August 2019

All coming together nicely popcorn
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 9:32 am

I can see the grandstand closing but no work taking place. Home Park will effectively become a three sided ground with a derelict and dilapidated stand on one side for the forseeable future.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 9:46 am

Kassam mk 2, only with no car park but a little wanky hotel and a Prezzo. Basiclee the perfick weekend in Pl2, for the old romantics.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 10:06 am

One thing that has been airbrushed over. The "corners" that are not being touched, that have already been described as "uneconomic", and so are liable to disappear in the next trenche of asset stripping, are rather more than just corners. They cut into the length of the Mayflower side by quite some measure, probably nearly a quarter of it's whole length, as the grandstand itself was short of a few bob when it was rebuilt in the original period of austerity.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 10:40 am

Freathy wrote:
I can see the grandstand closing but no work taking place.  Home Park will effectively become a three sided ground with a derelict and dilapidated stand on one side for the forseeable future.

I would go along with that 50/50
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 12:02 am

I see Prezzo are the latest food chain to hit trouble. closing roughly 100 stores. The sector is in big trouble, and not before time. Hugely oversubscribed with household incomes falling through the floor.

Old Jimmy certainly has his finger on the business pulse of the UK ( and Romania ). He knows when to tempt restaurant chains into a pointless location in Central Park where there's no demand for their food. What's the betting he'll have the same problems as Plan A in attracting enough takers ?
Paint by numbers.
Back to top Go down
mandela

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 12:50 am

I think the grandstand refurb will proceed. Hallet is using his own money to make it happen, which is more than can be said for his boardroom chum.
As far as I am concerned, the ideal scenario now would be for the grandstand make over to happen ASAP with the rest of the planned developments to fall by the wayside. That would surely be the best thing for the club. (And the city).
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 1:03 am

mandela wrote:

As far as I am  concerned, the ideal scenario now would be for the grandstand make over to happen ASAP with the rest of the planned developments to fall by the wayside. That would surely be the best thing for the club.  (And the city).

Christ that scenario is about 95% nailed on anyway or at least under the guidance of this train wreck of a Chairman. Claimed "family money" for an ice rink (yeah right) well if thats the case why wasnt work under way 11 weeks ago plus.....blokes a complete clown
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 2:59 am

Brent not personally building anything is as obvious as another decent team being dismantled in the summer.
Brent out.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 7:04 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Claimed "family money" for an ice rink (yeah right) well if thats the case why wasnt work under way 11 weeks ago plus.....blokes a complete clown

Well for one, it would be an absolute PR disaster if Brent started on the ice rink before the Mayflower - even Brent isn't that brazen...

...and it's probably is easier to build from the inside out, so to speak?

The Mayflower is happening.  I don't think there is much doubt about that after recent movement of staff and GT tent, etc...   The real test of things will be how soon the the HHP development starts.  Will it kick in soon after the start of the Mayflower, or will it drag on for a few years? Or will it never happen?  Someone, (at the risk of Breezy's wrath for asking laborious questions) should ask Brent his timescale...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 8:07 am

I'll save you and Beezy the trouble Ricks Brent will waffle out any question without giving an answer. There are hours of video footage of him doing the same avaliable online for those that care to check.
Me personally I wouldn't bother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 8:33 am

Absolutely. No point whatsoever. By default, civil questions almost legitimise the whole process as some tick box form of community involvment and consultation and plays into the hands of those that practice deceit for a living. With some sorts, a clear divide is a more effective tool in the long term. It's a well worn social tactic.

"Dear Vladamir, have you been  involved in hacking and destabilising Western democratic institutions ?"
"Niet ! I am interested in global peace, democratic process and mutual prosperity. Have a nice day"

Or for that matter.......
" Dear Nool, did you arrange for Rickler's e-mail address to be hacked ?"
"No, of course not. He's a liar"
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 9:05 am

Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Claimed "family money" for an ice rink (yeah right) well if thats the case why wasnt work under way 11 weeks ago plus.....blokes a complete clown

Well for one, it would be an absolute PR disaster if Brent started on the ice rink before the Mayflower - even Brent isn't that brazen...

...and it's probably is easier to build from the inside out, so to speak?

The Mayflower is happening.  I don't think there is much doubt about that after recent movement of staff and GT tent, etc...   The real test of things will be how soon the the HHP development starts.  Will it kick in soon after the start of the Mayflower, or will it drag on for a few years? Or will it never happen?  Someone, (at the risk of Breezy's wrath for asking laborious questions) should ask Brent his timescale...

Yes I agree some sort of mayflower mankover will occur but its in dire straits and its not money for nothing
Happy to wager any amount though that absolutely nothing else will happen re personal crapshacks on his Lordships watch

Wozzers into me for £10,000 on a wager way before any refurb was announced that Brent wouldnt build a new grandstand by 2020 so plenty of wonga up for doubling lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 9:23 am

Sorry chaps a bit behind now - I realise the corners aren't getting done but is the roof being extended to cover the lower new Mayflower seating?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 9:34 am

it's not getting extended over the terrace, there will be many disappointed Herald readers I should think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next