Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Mankover all action Thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Bandwagon

avatar

Posts : 1033
Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : Dorchester

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 9:14 am

P.O.I wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
The time for excuses is running out. If we don’t make the playoffs then there is no reason why the mankover shouldn’t be able to start.

Oh.....apart from the fact that the club don’t have the finances to do it. Hallett has offered to increase his loan to cover the cost but this would dilute Brent’s 50.1% majority ownership. Brent could of course match Hallet’s increased loan to maintain his majority but he won’t. Why is Brent so desperate to hold onto control and hold the club back?

In other news Forest are sniffing around Carey and a fee of £2 million has been mentioned.


We could build some corners for that!!

....along with a proper roof!!!!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 9:56 am

......and his Lordship wont be unaware of it either
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 2542
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 10:50 am

Plan B to replace CCC money a crazy clear out sale of all the players who don't want to be here (also known as any player with value).
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6964
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 10:56 am

If the grandstand is not well under way by the start of the season it'll probably never happen.

There is a May-August window during which the build must take place. Since it is all planned to take longer than a season these months must be fully exploited.

It has to start promptly at a season end then we have those months, a whole season and those months again. Any other start point squanders at least 3 and probably 6 months of close season build time and moves into the season proper - increasing the "cost" by reducing the revenue even further.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10917
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 11:06 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
I see on PASOTI Nick the Pastie thinks it's great that we have missed out on the play offs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My old man (An Arsenal fan living in Plymouth) always used to say the insular locals don't want success and dullards like this are proof of the pudding.

the board didnt want us going up this season.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 11:17 am

There really is some absolute roasters over there
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3311
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 2:15 pm

Just arrived into plymouth on the train no sign of any cranes up hp.... Anyone been up to check for bricks lately ?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 3:00 pm

Jethro wrote:
Just arrived into plymouth on the train no sign of any cranes up hp....  Anyone been up to check for bricks lately ?

Guy on freechat up there around 9.30am said was deserted
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

avatar

Posts : 827
Join date : 2016-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Has a contractor even been chosen yet?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Has a contractor even been chosen yet?

Not that I am aware of
Back to top Go down
argyl3

avatar

Posts : 667
Join date : 2013-04-02
Age : 42
Location : Somewhere in a galaxy far far away

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 5:48 pm

Bob the builder is leading the race for the contract so I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3311
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 5:53 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Just arrived into plymouth on the train no sign of any cranes up hp....  Anyone been up to check for bricks lately ?

Guy on freechat up there around 9.30am said was deserted

I was gonna walk up but couldn't be fecked.

That doesn't surprise me tbh
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3959
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 9:05 pm

Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
I see on PASOTI Nick the Pastie thinks it's great that we have missed out on the play offs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My old man (An Arsenal fan living in Plymouth) always used to say the insular locals don't want success and dullards like this are proof of the pudding.

the board didnt want us going up this season.

The boards actions (or lack of) speak volumes about ambition/promotion. deadhorse
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 9:30 pm

Wonder if the players will be coming out from the proposed new changing rooms or the same rundown shithole ones next season ?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle



Posts : 2583
Join date : 2014-02-15

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat May 05, 2018 9:37 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
If the grandstand is not well under way by the start of the season it'll probably never happen.

There is a May-August window during which the build must take place. Since it is all planned to take longer than a season these months must be fully exploited.

It has to start promptly at a season end then we have those months, a whole season and those months again. Any other start point squanders at least 3 and probably 6 months of close season build time and moves into the season proper - increasing the "cost" by reducing the revenue even further.

It’s been a week since any football has been played at Home Park. With planning permission granted over 100 days ago (boys- you took one helluva beating) I would have thought all manor of JCB type stuff would be on site by now.

Only got 10 months until the legal migrant workforce dries up and bricks don’t get any cheaper you know.

As a property developer though Brent knows his onions.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3311
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun May 06, 2018 12:32 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Carey is a decent player at our level but 2 million, lol, Green Jim would personally drive him to his new club of choice for a tenth of that.

Wouldn't go for that 250 k plymouth price stapewallet style. Rolling Eyes

-------

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   

Back to top Go down
 
The Mankover all action Thread.
Back to top 
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: