sufferedsince 68
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 12:05 pm

The people of Plymouth have been had - but then I
Wonder If most of them give two fecks.

Last edited by akagreengull on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 1:22 pm

You're right there AKA. Many would happily concrete over a duck pond or a boating lake just for the hell of it.
In fact that's exactly what they did do in the 70/80s in Central Park when the well used popular paddling/boating pond was turned into a car park. They've still got TWO prized and much loved boating pools in lil' ol' Penzance. How can they afford it, or take the "risk" of children drowning, when we can't ?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 4:21 pm

PatDunne wrote:
non of those three.

I stand corrected, Just going off what a friend from plymouth told me,
Hard to keep up with it all not being in the city much as I'd like to
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 5:17 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
This is an objective debate. Councils all over the country have been legally bullied for decades by supermarkets for instance threatening legal action if they didn't get their way. Look up the history .Brent tried the same thing on Torbay council but they admirably called  his bluff. It's called abuse of power. Harvey Weinstein is using the same "consensual" excuse as we "debate" here now.

Well there you are then, as you say, Torbay called his bluff and told him to sod off, PCC  or any other council could act in the same way if they saw fit not to approve, PCC must have liked what they saw in front of them mustn’t they ? or are you suggesting something else ?

I might suggest that PCC would have taken a totally different route had they known at the time that they were dealing with a complete shyster

So are we suggesting that PCC didn’t carry out due diligence/background checks on Brent ? If so that would have been very remiss of them wouldn’t it ?
The development may well be a bag of crap, if it is, PCC have approved a bag of crap, so they must also be culpable.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 5:25 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Mankover update tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed

The main contract is due to be awarded in April according to Glenigan.
Cheers Hugh, If true i love how any start date is punted further into the long grass, i thought Slippin Jimmy, said how disappointed he would be if there was no announcement before the end of march! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 6:11 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
The main contract is due to be awarded in April according to Glenigan.

So, here's the scat/skat/skit/whatever line of Glenigan.......

"Established in 1973, Glenigan is the trusted provider of UK construction project sales leads, market analysis, forecasting, and company intelligence."
That's clear as a beer at the fan fests then.  Sounds like the "overheads" and admin/professional fees are mounting up in that now traditional Brent fashion.  

Oldway 2 .... The Sequel. Watch how word and interface cost more than bricks
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 8:01 pm

Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
This is an objective debate. Councils all over the country have been legally bullied for decades by supermarkets for instance threatening legal action if they didn't get their way. Look up the history .Brent tried the same thing on Torbay council but they admirably called  his bluff. It's called abuse of power. Harvey Weinstein is using the same "consensual" excuse as we "debate" here now.

Well there you are then, as you say, Torbay called his bluff and told him to sod off, PCC  or any other council could act in the same way if they saw fit not to approve, PCC must have liked what they saw in front of them mustn’t they ? or are you suggesting something else ?

I might suggest that PCC would have taken a totally different route had they known at the time that they were dealing with a complete shyster

So are we suggesting that PCC didn’t carry out due diligence/background checks on Brent ? If so that would have been very remiss of them wouldn’t it ?
The development may well be a bag of crap, if it is, PCC have approved a bag of crap, so they must also be culpable.

I'm suggesting that PCC are not a top class organisation led by top class people and are out of their depth in many areas including planning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 8:10 pm

What was that PCC chap called again?
Tony something or other?

Now employed by the Accies?

Remarkable Jeff!
Back to top Go down
mandela

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 8:56 pm

One of my mates is a very experienced planner (not for the Council). I think he is pretty respected locally. He seems to think that PCC have apoor planning record. Whilst there are probably some good individuals in there, they don't pay top rate salaraies and therefore can't attract or retain the best. There is also a lot of influence from elected Councillors, who are just people off the street with strong opinions but little professional expertise. A bit of a worry really.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 10:43 pm

mandela wrote:
One of my mates is a very experienced planner (not for the Council). I think he is pretty respected locally.  He seems to think that PCC have apoor planning record.  Whilst there are probably some good individuals in there, they don't pay top rate salaraies and therefore can't attract or retain the best.  There is also a lot of influence from elected Councillors, who are just people off the street with strong opinions but little professional expertise.  A bit of a worry really.

Very much agree with the poor planning record - has been so for some time as with many other councils in the SW. Elected councillors like to think they have some influence, I've been the target of their 'influence' many times in my working life, I just nodded wisely and ignored them.

The worry with Brent is that he will threaten litigation at the drop of a hat if things aren't going his way. Oldway is an example, but Torbay stood up to him and he backed off. I hope Plymouth has the nuts to do the same, because HHP has all the makings of another legal battle as costs rise and Brent will be wanting the taxpayer to bale him out.

Hopefully, Brent's lack of action any project he is involved with has been noted within PCC.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 2:50 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
mandela wrote:
One of my mates is a very experienced planner (not for the Council). I think he is pretty respected locally.  He seems to think that PCC have apoor planning record.  Whilst there are probably some good individuals in there, they don't pay top rate salaraies and therefore can't attract or retain the best.  There is also a lot of influence from elected Councillors, who are just people off the street with strong opinions but little professional expertise.  A bit of a worry really.

I hope Plymouth has the nuts to do the same, because HHP has all the makings of another legal battle as costs rise and Brent will be wanting the taxpayer to bale him out.

For once I dont agree. How on earth can Brent expect the taxpayer to bail him out with any connection to HHP2. Not that it will ever start anyway
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 4:08 am

I think the ice rink is the only thing that could ever grab PCC money. But for that to happen, Brent would need to renege on the Pavilions deal. It would be crazy of him to do that. It's the cherry on the cake he's baking, and the repercussions with the council would be devastating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 10:20 am

The trouble is Vichy Hopwood has a feel for how far the council can be stretched, which is why he was employed. Once the ice build is underway with "Council pavillions Brent's family money", that's when the council are vulnerable, and, hey, what's a million or two extra to finish the build. He's bound to play up and try it, he can't resist. Maybe he'll try and pilfer some cash from the current large Central Park grant, a great deal of which is set aside for "drainage issues", particularly running from HHP down to the Barn park entrance where there's long term trouble due to previous mistakes and cost cutting. Just a simple case of muddying stadium/HHP costs with surrounding park costs.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 5:35 pm

The start date is? the main contractor is? loving Jimmys transparency. jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 8:54 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The start date is? the main contractor is? loving Jimmys transparency. jocolor jocolor jocolor

According to Glenigan, Main contract will be announced in April.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 6:39 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Not the first quarter in 2018.
Now that's disappointing James! Sulk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 7:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 12:04 am

^^

bottom right looks familiar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 8:38 am

Iddesleighs back!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 9:05 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Iddesleighs back!

lock up your sons fathers.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Did you check the small print Hugh, and find out which April?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 1:46 pm

due too this snow flurry start on the mayflower makeover is delayed.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 2:37 pm

1st of april ?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 10:17 pm

Posters on the farm asking if the roof supporting posts are going when the stand is refurbed and is the roof being extended over the terrace, correct answers are given but jeez, people supported the greater development and don't even know the shit makeover they were supporting.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 10:17 pm

should add, because they are Janners
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next