Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Mankover Planning application submitted

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
PatDunne



Posts : 1710
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:53 pm

I almost feel sorry for the fans who think there's going to be a roof over the terrace and joined up corners to the horseshoe. (currently the unbudgeted, no timeframe phase four).
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 2269
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Brent said on Spotlight the only thing holding up a firm start date at the moment is "waiting for the contractors to agree to our price" said with a grin. The idea that the price is set by the customer is pretty funny really and will lead to problems later if Brent tries to get too clever. Things get shaved off the build to save money, this causes problems to other planned works in a knock on type way leading to bills known as extras in the trade. Seeing how he dealt with Torbay Council with his legal team would I think ring alarm bells with any contractor anyway. Nothing is certain in Brent world not even a project that we have the money to build.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2437
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:45 pm

So, the only thing holding up things is actually just getting someone to agree to actually build/rennovate whatever it is he wants ?
cat
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1174
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 46
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:56 pm

So many people overlook the fact that if Brent was capable of delivering a project of this magnitude, he’d have done it when planning permission for the first HHP redevelopment plan was granted. Economic conditions were a whole lot more favourable, the NEW (not refurbished) Grandstand would have been a bigger draw and he actually owned all the land he was looking to build on. He didn’t, he couldn’t, he can’t and he won’t.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1710
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:57 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Rumour going around that Trump has been approached by PCC about whether he would like to building a golf course over Central Park surrounded
by luxury development.
PCC is looking into the fesability of a high wall around the Park.
Further news expected.


What an idea, build a wall AND get Janners to pay for it.....
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 2211
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 49
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:58 pm

beesrus wrote:
A bit like Del boy's tactics.... they play so deep, they're drowning.    etc etc
Still Drowning......Clutching at Straws... Rock
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3854
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:24 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Brent said on Spotlight the only thing holding up a firm start date at the moment is "waiting for the contractors to agree to our price" said with a grin. The idea that the price is set by the customer is pretty funny really and will lead to problems later if Brent tries to get too clever. Things get shaved off the build to save money, this causes problems to other planned works in a knock on type way leading to bills known as extras in the trade. Seeing how he dealt with Torbay Council with his legal team would I think ring alarm bells with any contractor anyway. Nothing is certain in Brent world not even a project that we have the money to build.

My understanding is that there is still a national shortage of bricks which is holding up projects all over the country (seriously). Still he has two years to get some in. geek
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1710
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:53 pm

someone on the farm, 'does this include the corners or does that come later' they don't even know what it is they are supporting.....
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3854
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:14 pm

PatDunne wrote:
someone on the farm, 'does this include the corners or does that come later' they don't even know what it is they are supporting.....

Wankers!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1710
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:19 pm

uneducated ones....
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3854
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:27 pm

the kind the educated squire prefers....
Back to top Go down
MikeWN



Posts : 240
Join date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:41 pm

PIR insulation have been in short supply for a while. Before that it was lightweight blocks. Anything that gets used in housebuilding can occasionally get a bit scarce when there's a surge, or a factory shutdown or something. The industry generally picks up the slack pretty quickly though.

So has the planning officer's recommendations been rubber stamped then? MOM to ADG for neatly linking the offices back to the ones in original life centre policy that never got built, and squeezing another 80 spaces out of the park and ride (that may have been whoever the project engineers are, but they're used to not getting any credit anyway.)

I wonder if they will be commissioned to go on to design the next phases, or if they'll go for something a bit more off the shelf?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4598
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:47 pm

Homeslice wrote:
So many people overlook the fact that if Brent was capable of delivering a project of this magnitude, he’d have done it when planning permission for the first HHP redevelopment plan was granted. Economic conditions were a whole lot more favourable, the NEW (not refurbished) Grandstand would have been a bigger draw and he actually owned all the land he was looking to build on. He didn’t, he couldn’t, he can’t and he won’t.

Come on now, if it wasn’t for the dastardly council approving a similar scheme built by someone capable of building it, somewhere where people want it, iHHP would have been done in no time at all.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2671
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:43 am

beesrus wrote:
I think it's about time pasoti sent up a plane with a banner " Well done Akkeron We Love you.".
whats happen to our plane idea harve was gunna sling in £50 i will sling in £50 wasnt there someone else who said they would to think we need to raise about £550 i think that was the figure or around that .That was discussed
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2671
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:57 am

BBC1 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Getting approval for the grandstand is excellent news for the club as the current grandstand is as embarrassing as Ian Newell being seen in directors boxes around the country in a club tie. The rest is a perfect asset strip land grab job done by someone who has never layed a brick.
It is very imbarrassssing. em representing the green army pal.
Deep pan of course.

PASOTI Deep Pan not just any old deep pan....actually it is just a standard deep picture frame lol!
The Deepest of all the Deep's. they do that ever so well.
as we all know.
the deep pan comes with a sprinkling of a janner banner instead of paying via just eat you pay by pay pal.. laugh
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

avatar

Posts : 10664
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 67
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:04 am

PatDunne wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Rumour going around that Trump has been approached by PCC about whether he would like to building a golf course over Central Park surrounded
by luxury development.
PCC is looking into the fesability of a high wall around the Park.
Further news expected.


What an idea, build a wall AND get Janners to pay for it.....

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 4212
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:24 am

PatDunne wrote:
someone on the farm, 'does this include the corners or does that come later' they don't even know what it is they are supporting.....

At the end of the day brentophiles will support anything - which includes being mortgaged to the hilt for a tiny stand with no corners and no roof.

I'm done with this shit club
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 4212
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:31 am

Peggy wrote:
Hope that clock can manage three figure numbers for the days ...


The clock will need to manage geological timescales. Central Park will remain unblemished by non-building Akkeron for many many years.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4598
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:08 am

To be fair to PASOTI, other than Knobber Greenback, his pet caterpillar De-Lar, and the usual bunch of mouth breathing idiots who would be grateful to Brent even if he decided to announce his intentio to join the Southern League the reaction hasn't been that jubilant.

Brent as usual is waffling and failing to commit to firm start date. Apparently if work hasn't started by the end of March 2018, Brent will be "very disappointed".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If there is a delay to this, it will because Brent can't get a contractor to do the work for how much he wants to pay for it. As Earwiggers has pointed out, on any other planet you want some work doing; you approach 3 contractors and ask them to submit an estimate for the works and then select the best bidder.

It makes me wonder where this £5 million figure has come from.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 2269
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:36 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
To be fair to PASOTI, other than Knobber Greenback, his pet caterpillar De-Lar, and the usual bunch of mouth breathing idiots who would be grateful to Brent even if he decided to announce his intentio to join the Southern League the reaction hasn't been that jubilant.

Brent as usual is waffling and failing to commit to firm start date. Apparently if work hasn't started by the end of March 2018, Brent will be "very disappointed".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If there is a delay to this, it will because Brent can't get a contractor to do the work for how much he wants to pay for it. As Earwiggers has pointed out, on any other planet you want some work doing; you approach 3 contractors and ask them to submit an estimate for the works and then select the best bidder.

It makes me wonder where this £5 million figure has come from.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think the five million is how much money they have got, how much they will need is another question. Remedial works are more expensive than new builds, a lot people think that with a barn conversion (twill be my new pet name for the mankover) it's cheaper than a new build because you already have a house shaped structure on site. It's actually way more expensive, walls have to be underpinned, walls have to have extra skins of block put in to insulate and hold the old structure up, new openings have to be made in old walls and so it goes on. Shorely Brent has costed this properly? scratch
The JBSOTI remark is quite accurate it's amazing how much control the fat controller has lost from the forum he bought for his Tory mate. Every meltdown against the cabal makes him look more of a vindictive twat, the auctions are attended by about ten people five of which are multi's and most posters see them for the sham they are. His stupid love of all things Brent is as transparent as my lounge windows and he is Sussed. No amount of smoke and mirrors will change that now, Napolean is isolated an island of his own making and new Bessie mate Brenty has no plan of joining him for desert island disks, he may wave at he fat idiot when he sails off into the distance on the new PAFC funded gin palace but I doubt it.
Feck off Nool.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4598
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:08 am

Earwegoagain wrote:


I think the five million is how much money they have got, how much they will need is another question. Remedial works are more expensive than new builds, a lot people think that with a barn conversion (twill be my new pet name for the mankover) it's cheaper than a new build because you already have a house shaped structure on site. It's actually way more expensive, walls have to be underpinned, walls have to have extra skins of block put in to insulate and hold the old structure up, new openings have to be made in old walls and so it goes on. Shorely Brent has costed this properly? scratch .

Based on what you know about the scheme and your own knowledge and experience, do you reckon the £5 mill is accurate?
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin
avatar

Posts : 523
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 92
Location : Kingdom Of The Kuntasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:51 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
To be fair to PASOTI, other than Knobber Greenback, his pet caterpillar De-Lar, and the usual bunch of mouth breathing idiots who would be grateful to Brent even if he decided to announce his intentio to join the Southern League the reaction hasn't been that jubilant.

Brent as usual is waffling and failing to commit to firm start date. Apparently if work hasn't started by the end of March 2018, Brent will be "very disappointed". laugh laugh laugh

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If there is a delay to this, it will because Brent can't get a contractor to do the work for how much he wants to pay for it. As Earwiggers has pointed out, on any other planet you want some work doing; you approach 3 contractors and ask them to submit an estimate for the works and then select the best bidder.

It makes me wonder where this £5 million figure has come from.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin
avatar

Posts : 523
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 92
Location : Kingdom Of The Kuntasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:58 am

Crapshack delay excuse sweepstake........................

Lack of BNP supporters

World Shortage of caps to doff

Mug shortage

Cessation of BMW run-flat tyres production

Romanian Young Farmers Club goes into liquidation

UK auction houses national strike

Beer throwing competition cancelled

Consumption and price of red wine has trebled

Brent out stickers have become a global epidemic and is now blocking out the sun






_______________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3023
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Its simply mind boggling that it appears Brent is telling the contractors what he wants to pay and they have to accept it.....Earwig clearly pointed out the perils of refurbishment. Axworthy of the Grandstand wags group said (and was censored by Brent for it) that the Asbestos issue was "priced in"
Simply does not work like that. The level of sport when the whole caboosh gets condemned and made out of bounds will be superlative. You just know its coming
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3560
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 53
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:26 pm

On Spotlight last night the reporter certainly laid it out with his question on why some of the money for the stand was not going to Adams for the January transfer window. Brent replied that Adams will be given some cash for it. That other bag of spare change it is then ?. Along with a comment that Argyle have improved recently and relegation is a no-no. We shall see !!.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   

Back to top Go down
 
Mankover Planning application submitted
Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: