PatDunne
Earwegoagain
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Mankover Planning application submitted Empty
PostSubject: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 10:27 am

Peggy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
James Brents useful idiot wrote,

'Could be a red letter day for any PAFC fans supporting the new development on Thursday.

Quite a few of us intend to attend the proceedings so it would be great to see a few faces from this site down there as well.

If anyone was at the last meeting that meant so much (the purchase of the freehold by PCC) it's a good way to see the machinations of our City's council.

We are on the very edge of this exciting new era for Argyle so let's show these Councillors what PAFC means to us fans.

See you there maybe? '

Feckin bellends. It's a really good opportunity to show James how much we care about his personal wealth, social climbing scum are doing the club a disservice, they should hang their heads in shame.

But that's how all planning applications are decided. Nobody has to produce drawings and other documents, nobody has to ensure the public are consulted, no statutory bodies have to be consulted, nothing has to be justified, no council officers have to spend weeks analysing it all and making recommendations, nobody has to respond to any concerns, nothing. The councillors just turn up, count how many people have got nothing else to do on a working day two weeks before xmas and make a decision based on that.

I know Peggy as I pointed out at the start of all this I've been involved in planning issues most of my life and the big ones aren't submitted until all the conditions are met, Brent will know he's got the green light or we would have had more delays. It does amuse me that Porky and Postey will be in the room supporting their chairman as all good football fans have done since time immemorial? I mean football fans do salute their corporate structure on a daily basis or is this just some Argyle thing?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 10:44 am

football fanzines, fan sites, fans trusts have always been for the fans, usually pretty funny, always abrasive and mostly verging on libellous, always pro fans interests and rightly suspicious of the temporary custodians known as chairmen, then there's Argyle... why different? can only be the subservient, forelock tugging, Janner mentality
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:58 am

PatDunne wrote:
football fanzines, fan sites, fans trusts have always been for the fans, usually pretty funny, always abrasive and mostly verging on libellous, always pro fans interests and rightly suspicious of the temporary custodians known as chairmen, then there's Argyle... why different? can only be the subservient, forelock tugging, Janner mentality

What is quite amazing is that Ian De Lar AKA Postey was very vocal in his objections to James Brent when he first appeared on the scene, writing for Vital Football site as a very pro Paul Buttivant supporter. He was a very vocal poster on this site also until he changed sides again and was rewarded with the "Site Manager" badge on JBSOTI.
It's only on the James Brent supporters site that there seems to be a rewrite of football supporters rule book stating that club support HAS to include support for the chairman. Being bought up on publications such as Rub of The Greens us older supporters realise what a crock of shite that is.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 1:38 pm

I think fans should support the Chairman of the club but only if it is for the benefit of the club and the fans.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 pm

PatDunne wrote:
To be fair, the Squire knows stupid when he see's it, 'I'm screwing these simple Janners yet still they adore me', sigh - it's a Plymouth thing, subservient, forelock tugging and grateful to the end.

Let the green deluded feckwits have the club they deserve, when in a couple of seasons Akkeron Argo are losing to FC Fylde down at the theatre of schemes in a league game, the thick twats will be still chanting Superluke and believing the Squire will see them right and it's all the fault of the manager.
Sheep
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 7:15 am

I see there's a rallying call to get brent fans down to the Council House today. That will be a treat for the Councillors LOL - a bunch of abusive geriatrics sat in the public gallery. They'll celebrate brent's victory and so what if he's kept us rock bottom all season by chronically under funding the team. Football is way down brent's list of priorities and so it seems brent's property speculating also comes first for the brentophiles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 7:36 am

I see BBC Spotlight this morning are jizzing over the imminent crapshack - but once again showing BS archive images of the dark valley of shops, a Moanflower with corners etc etc. Just what the gullible janner nation will swallow without question, whilst doffing their cap at the magnificence of it all.

Utter, utter bollox.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 7:36 am

Weeeee'm plimuff argo fanz we wantz the graaaaandstaaaaaand builded cuz eeeeeee saved uzzzzzzz.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 7:50 am

P.O.I wrote:
I see BBC Spotlight this morning are jizzing over the imminent crapshack - but once again showing BS archive images of the dark valley of shops, a Moanflower with corners etc etc. Just what the gullible janner nation will swallow without question, whilst doffing their cap at the magnificence of it all.

Utter, utter bollox.

Is this why Sparsky gets his prawn sandwich invites?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 8:15 am

Just listened to the Sparks/ Brent interview just before eight on radio Dem, must admit Sparks was direct in his questioning re profits and Brents non developing record. Brent waffled the whole time basically the ice rink will be loss making. Re parking quote "it's only disruption every fourteen days and it's better than other grounds"
He also said they the developers will find some way round the parking issue with no specifics. Also say at 7pm radio Devon pronounced Brent is likely to get planning permission today for all phases of planning application.
Such was the level of Brent's bullshit he actually said he was aiming for a better development/investment model than the Exeter Chiefs. Then they asked three Argo goon supporters one murmmered something about investing more in the squad and the others came out with the usual just build it crap.
The crapshack is on it's way - maybe.
geek cheers
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 9:00 am

The permission is on the way but will he actually build something for once in his life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 am

akagreengull wrote:
Just listened to the Sparks/ Brent interview just before eight on radio Dem, must admit Sparks was direct in his questioning re profits and Brents non developing record. Brent waffled the whole time basically the ice rink will be loss making. Re parking quote "it's only disruption every fourteen days and it's better than other grounds"
He also said they the developers will find some way round the parking issue with no specifics. Also say at 7pm radio Devon pronounced Brent is likely to get planning permission today for all phases of planning application.
Such was the level of Brent's bullshit he actually said he was aiming for a better development/investment model than the Exeter Chiefs. Then they asked three Argo goon supporters one murmmered something about investing more in the squad and the others came out with the usual just build it crap.
geek cheers

The 'parking is worse at other grounds crap' riles me for two reasons. Firstly its the constant race to the bottom that winds me up, why can't we set our sights higher, why must we immediately point to something shitter as justification for nor bothering ourselves! Secondsly other grounds with worse parking tend to be centrally located, better public transport easier to reach for everyone. Nobody in their right mind would drive to say Loftus Road or St James Park.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 9:48 am

Totally agree, the shyster actually made a joke of it
with Sparks about he must have seen much worse in his travels when reporting on Argyle.
Basically Brent is saying on match days there will
Be a lot of disruption to locals but we will see what we can do.
His whole tone was indicative of up yours, planning is in the bag now get on with it.
I'm so glad I don't live in Plimuff anymore.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 9:56 am

akagreengull wrote:
geek cheers
i listerned to the shite myself greengull i sent in a text all very polite no swearing just stating facts..yep you guessed it they never read it out
I never really expected to though as his got local media in his pocket.whats needed is some kind of big splash
That the media cant ignore any longer i say
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 9:59 am

"Basically the ice rink will be loss making."  
You don't say.  Razz
I could have told Brent and the council that fact from day one, which begs the question WHY are they building it, especially in this day and age when the council are looking at cost neutral activities everywhere, and certainly not starting new loss making ones. I suspect sometime in the near future it's use will be changed to something very inappropriate for a park area. Several new buildings in the city are being built with future change or dual use in mind. A mild user friendly form of corruption in the planning system that we all know is going on, with "student housing" being the most obvious euphemism.
The city will get what it deserves, including a pokey asset stripped fourth division football club at best. So far the city has deserved the perennial non developing land banker and ten nuclear reactors slap bang in the middle of it.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 10:21 am

Agree Beesrus, but those cretins at PCC will approve anything, you only have to look around the city to see that, they would sign their life away if Brent asked them. When Argyle remain under achieving for years to come and people are paying for expensive tickets to watch footballing shite and other 'smaller' clubs pass them by, because I don't live my life around Argyle apart from a bit of blogging on ATD I will sit back alongside many others on here and smile muttering 'told you so'.
They get what they deserve - indeed they do.

THE BRENTMARE CONTINUES :Suicide:
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 10:24 am

The council aren't running the ice rink, who will Brent find to run it at a loss?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 10:29 am

Parking around Charlton Athletic's ground is poor....you can park up to 20/30 minutes walk away on a busy match day.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 10:37 am

zyph wrote:
Parking around Charlton Athletic's ground is poor....you can park up to 20/30 minutes walk away on a busy match day.

What the feck has that got to do with the situation in Plymouth? - that's exactly the argument Brent is putting out to the dim janners.
Jeez.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 10:39 am

PatDunne wrote:
The council aren't running the ice rink, who will Brent find to run it at a loss?

Absolutely Pat, I thought the ice rink project is one that Brent and his wife/family are funding I'm sure he says it in his video that's been broadcast in the Plimuff rag.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 10:41 am

zyph wrote:

Why would any fan support less parking at Argyle? The mind boggles.
Back to top Go down
Matt09

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 10:50 am

akagreengull wrote:
geek cheers

I would've thought due to our locality we have one of the (if not the) largest catchment area for fans in the pyramid.

Logic would probably dictate therefore that we would have one of the highest percentage of fans attending the game via car.

Comparison to other teams is ridiculous.

Still. When did logic ever come in to anything?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 11:53 am

akagreengull wrote:
zyph wrote:

What the feck has that got to do with the situation in Plymouth? - that's exactly the argument Brent is putting out to the dim janners.
Jeez.

Simple answer there then is don't drive. Use the markedly better public transport.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 11:55 am

zyph wrote:

Who the feck in their right mind would drive to Charlton?
Back to top Go down
Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Toys R Us building will be empty soon.

Would make a perfect ice arena.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted Empty

Back to top Go down

Mankover Planning application submitted
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next