akagreengull
mouldyoldgoat
PatDunne
Earwegoagain
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage

Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 3:16 pm

So why is there a delay in paying the £250k? Why did PCC have to extend the deadline?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 4:07 pm

The bucket rattlers will be out in force on Saturday. geek
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Brentford's new ground development under way.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Very interesting post by Graham and many thanks, with each passing day i'm more convinced than ever that none of this shit will happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 6:01 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Brentford's new ground development under way.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kin hell. At this rate, our crapshack refurb will just about fit enough for the the south west peninsula league, FFS. We're being left behind by the rest of the country. It's embarrassing, cringeworthy and I'm envious as feck. FFS.
Back to top Go down
Graham Clark

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 6:12 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
So why is there a delay in paying the £250k? Why did PCC have to extend the deadline?

The agreed heads of terms for the S106 require half of the total sum to be paid upon commencement of the Western Gateway site and the other half to be paid upon commencement of the HHP commercial (non-ice rink) part of the proposal. PCC anticipate, in agreeing to an extension of time, that the agreement will be signed and Planning permission granted and issued by 26th January.

Commencement on the development can only begin once all the pre-commencement and pre-construction planning conditions have been discharged by PCC. Applications to discharge those conditions will be available to view on the Council’s Planning Portal as was the hybrid planning application.

Progress towards achieving a legally implementable planning permission (once all the conditions have been discharged) will be able to be monitored. Demolition works and certain other preparatory works can commence without requiring planning permission or for conditions to be discharged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Peggy wrote:
beesrus wrote:
This is one reason I didn't like the group of fans complaining about the parking issue, as that was never going to stop anything. But then they're fans of the football club, not the park. Typical, and an easy mark for Brent and his ex council turncoat.

So, in the planned for irony, fans complaining about parking have actually helped Brent's cause by adding pressure to give away more of the park. Fans could quite easily once a fortnight make other arrangements to get to the ground, yet more of the park is stolen and put under the jackboot of the car. Shame on everybody involved for being so dim and led down a certain route, and  especially shame on Brent for creating extra parking pressure with thoughtless selfish inappropriate plans. Every bit as bad as Heaney, and in fact worse for lying about his intentions. He hasn't finished yet, so more of the stadium to disappear under his asset strip in the not too distant.

In the past I would have called this sort of thing a result of political imperative. These days, it's blatant corruption, nods and winks. I will go out of my way to bad mouth/leaflet at the next election those councillors who voted for the plans.

With respect, Bees, the substance of my complaints was this creation of extra parking pressure. In the original plans, it was inappropriately dealt with by assuming it would be ok to commandeer part of the park and ride - which, although it is about concrete and cars, is also about reducing the environmental impact of people getting to and from work, study, hospital and shopping.

Obviously I'd have been happier if the planning committee had instructed the developer to change the plans such that, for instance, the existing car park at HHP was sufficient for all the planned development. As it is, though, it's the old rock and hard place question, and personally I'd say it was more important - given the committee are apparently happy to allow this level of commercial development in the park - to protect the park and ride.

Sir Frankie D wrote:
Now Toys R Us has gone bust couldn't that building serve for an an ice rink - it must be big enough, surely? There's a nice big car park already there...

I don't think it's as cut and dried as that: sure I read something about a compromise being reached on the pension fund and the possibility that shops won't close. If it does, though, I agree it would be ideal for an ice rink (but weep for the people losing their jobs).

The Plymouth Toys RUS is listed for closure alongside circa 20 other stores, the pension fund agreement was required to save the whole company.

Also concur with other posters on the clarity and understanding that Graham’s posts give us

And thanks from me, too, for Graham's knowledgeable and timely posts.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 7:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Many thank yous to graham for the post - very erudite.

I thought toys r us had been 'saved'.

How long to wait for the prompt for building?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 9:57 pm

toys r us as a company has been 'saved' however they were always looking to move away from larger stores such as the Plymouth one when leases expire. Thus, the Plymouth store is closing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 9:48 pm

If the Toys R Us site is going to be used for an alternative development then guaranteed it will be housing, student accommodation (which will probably become private rental in the future) and restaurants, because that is what Plymouth needs.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 12:23 pm

News from HP. the shop and ticket office with be in their new building by Aug this year, the building is being prefabricated off site and craned into place.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 7:02 pm

Latest building news update. tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 7:52 pm

The clock is ticking on.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 7:16 am

Yea Man wrote:
The clock is ticking on.

Just a matter of time until Lord Shyster announces a shave on the project as costs have escalated. Favourite for the initial chop will be the Mayflower terrace
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 7:32 am

Yep, after the mankover, the pitch facing side will look pretty much as it does now - complete with closed barren terracing. After the cuts to the project most of the the work will be on the conference facilities. I just wait for a better day when a proper owner demolishes the whole thing and builds an actual stand worthy of the name.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 7:45 am

I don't think even he could get away with that one Harve. It will be interesting which bit does actually suffer from the overruns though, and it could be the club that ends up with extra debt. Will he have the bad business cheek to leave the grandstand/ice rink landscape juxta position in a right mess ?  
Oldway Manor showed he has a Carillion habit of pushing the cost of extra profit draw downs/overruns into the future, and then offers up the begging bowl. The desire for  the euphemistic "ice rink" actually being delivered is the council's weak position. "I cant build it if you don't bung me some more money."
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 7:54 am

beesrus wrote:
I don't think even he could get away with that one Harve. It will be interesting which bit does actually suffer from the overruns though, and it could be the club that ends up with extra debt. Will he have the bad business cheek to leave the grandstand/ice rink landscape juxta position in a right mess ?  
Oldway Manor showed he has a Carillion habit of pushing the cost of extra profit draw downs/overruns into the future, and then offers up the begging bowl. The desire for  the euphemistic "ice rink" actually being delivered is the council's weak position. "I cant build it if you don't bung me some more money."

Including the roof (which Argyle added as an extra) and paid for out of club funds estimated at £1 million the overrun all up is now believed to be £2.6 million. Source as always extremely reliable. Leaving aside the £1 million roof from original estimate of £4.1 million building costs have risen 30%-35% since inception of idea and when you crunch the numbers its virtually spot on the £2.6 million
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mankover Planning application submitted
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8