akagreengull
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 7:18 pm

I have just seen the goal on Spotlight and a good goal it was too.

It is now a matter of when, not if, Argyle get promoted. Easter looks very good for it being secured. The home game against Newport could be the day Argyle finally get out of this dogshite league.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 7:19 pm

Graiser wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
As a game of football it was crap, as a result brilliant!! nothing negative about being realistic this is ATD home of the free, not Knobber Nools happy clappy how much do you love the Brent Twins site ffs! sunny sunny jocolor

All I wrote was not expecting any negativity tonight after a result like that, so wtf you have to refer to the PASOTi owner christ knows.
My obsession is seeing us get promotion, not interested in all the other crap.
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 7:26 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Three points is three points

Ffs.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 7:31 pm

Whilst I accept that the result is of primary importance the entertainment value(or lack of) must count for something shorely?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 7:33 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Whilst I accept that the result is of primary importance the entertainment value(or lack of) must count for something shorely?

In a word,no.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

In a word,no.

To the grizzled, haggard, already hooked or brainless perhaps not.....but to the floater or potential newbie it probably does.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 8:09 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

In a word,no.

To the grizzled, haggard, already hooked or brainless perhaps not.....but to the floater or potential newbie it probably does.

Plead guilty to all of those. Much rather have a grinding 1-0 win and people like Ferguson being pissed off than getting the patronising comments about "played well and won many friends" stuff heard so many times over the years. If Argyle were to push on from here [which for sure is very much open to doubt] and get to the championship again, it would be a fairly safe bet that the gates would increase to somewhere around the level attained in the first season last time and nobody would give a toss how it was achieved. Sturrock's team was by no means a fluent goal scoring machine in 2002-it was essentially a building block to better things, hopefully something similar will happen this time.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 8:14 pm

Truth is, it's a shit league. You don't have to be anything other than dogged and disciplined and you have a fair chance of promotion. That's exactly what we are with the shape that Adams sets us up.

We aren't a fantastic team though, and if we didn't have Carey we'd be sniffing around the bottom playoff places IMO, so important have his goals and assists been.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 8:19 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Truth is, it's a shit league. You don't have to be anything other than dogged and disciplined and you have a fair chance of promotion. That's exactly what we are with the shape that Adams sets us up.

We aren't a fantastic team though, and if we didn't have Carey we'd be sniffing around the bottom playoff places IMO, so important have his goals and assists been.

yeap and who ever signs him in the summer will have a real star in their team.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 8:22 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

In a word,no.

Plead guilty to all of those. Much rather have a grinding 1-0 win and people like Ferguson being pissed off than getting the patronising comments about "played well and won many friends" stuff heard so many times over the years. If Argyle were to push on from here [which for sure is very much open to doubt] and get to the championship again, it would be a fairly safe bet that the gates would increase to somewhere around the level attained in the first season last time and nobody would give a toss how it was achieved. Sturrock's team was by no means a fluent goal scoring machine in 2002-it was essentially a building block to better things, hopefully something similar will happen this time.

Can't disagree with that skinny, I'd prefer opposition managers to be pissed off because we'd totally smashed them by 4 or 5 a bit more often but hey ho, horses for courses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

In a word,no.

Can't disagree with that skinny, I'd prefer opposition managers to be pissed off because we'd totally smashed them by 4 or 5 a bit more often but hey ho, horses for courses.

And if argyle stay true to form they will lose on saturday against Accrington as that seems to be the way of things when we have big wins, del bhey will be saying the same thing as fergie v 2.0
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 8:28 pm

This is the worst argo promotion side i can remember in the worst division i can remember, Promotion should be all about putting poor sides to the sword not hanging on for a mind numbing one nil every week!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Being completely outplayed for 90 minutes like we were today should be a matter of concern. It should be a matter of concern that we've been easily second best to some, quite frankly, atrocious teams in most games we've played this season. Although still some way to go, it does look more likely than not this team will be playing in a higher division nest season. Without very significant investment (LOL) we'll be back in this appalling division for the 2018/19 season.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 9:09 pm

Great result, well done DA and the team.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 9:36 pm

Darren Ferguson: We must make sure Plymouth Argyle don't win the league

DONCASTER Rovers 'annihilated' a 'lucky' Plymouth Argyle in a 1-0 defeat which cuts their lead at the top of League Two to three points, according to Darren Ferguson.

The Keepmoat Stadium boss said his side's primary motivation for the remaining seven matches of the campaign was to ensure Sunday's victors did not get their hands on the title.

The league leaders had 57 per cent of possession and 12 shots with three on target to one on target for the visitors – Sonny Bradley's 50 th-minute winner.

"When you look at how you set up for a game and you look at the overall stats, the most important one's always the result, so it's a disappointing day for us in that aspect," Ferguson told the media after the match.

"I really would be surprised if their gameplan was to let us have four incredible chances at 0-0, but they'll come out with they 'had a gameplan to hit us on the counter attack.'

"We've absolutely annihilated them today, annihilated them, the team in second and we should have won by three or four."

The Scot was delighted with his players despite the result and rued Argyle's luck on a day he felt they were the second-best side on the pitch.

"I was delighted with my players. It was an excellent performance, very, very good. All the stuff we worked on they did very, very well," he said.

"It's better to be a lucky team than a good one sometimes. That's what Plymouth were today."

With a win today the South Yorkshire side could have extended their lead at the top of the table to nine points, a near-insurmountable gap, but instead it is down to three and a very tense finale to the campaign is in store.

However, Ferguson has made it clear to his side how to keep themselves motivated after losing each of their matches with the Pilgrims this term.

"The motivation is to win the league and make sure they don't. That's the motivation for the rest of the season," he said.

Argyle skipper Luke McCormick, the villain of the piece at Home Park from Rovers' point of view for his goading of Liam Mandeville after he missed a penalty, has received plaudits for his Sunday performance.

The 33-year-old made two extraordinary saves in the match alongside a formidable all-round display.

"He played very well and he's a good goalkeeper, we know that. He made two really, really important saves for them and I don't look back at what happened in the previous game," said Ferguson.

"It's gone a long time ago and he did what he did. He apologised for it and we move on, but today he's got them the result."
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 9:37 pm

To be perfectly honest, some of the stuff being written on this thread is starting to grate a bit. In any language, that was a fecking good performance today against a team who had scored 75 goals this season and by any stretch of the imagination could not be described as poor-no ifs, no buts, it was a promotion winning performance with excellent goalkeeping and defending which are, almost without exception, the cornerstones of any promotion winning season. At the start of the season, i was doubtful in the extreme about Argyle's prospects and said so, both on here and PASOTI. Looks like I've been proved completely wrong and every credit to Derek Adams and the squad for that.Credit where it's due-we've been waiting for 7 years FFS and enduring some of the most embarrassing teams,players and results in Argyle's history in the meantime. Of course the team will need strengthening next year and i'm as cynical as anyone about the ability of the board to deliver that but that is nothing to do with the players or manager who deserve far more kudos than they are currently getting in some quarters.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 9:52 pm

Greenskin wrote:
To be perfectly honest, some of the stuff being written on this thread is starting to grate a bit. In any language, that was a fecking good performance today against a team who had scored 75 goals this season and by any stretch of the imagination could not be described as poor-no ifs, no buts, it was a promotion winning performance with excellent goalkeeping and defending which are, almost without exception, the cornerstones of any promotion winning season. At the start of the season, i was doubtful in the extreme about Argyle's prospects and said so, both on here and PASOTI. Looks like I've been proved completely wrong and every credit to Derek Adams and the squad for that.Credit where it's due-we've been waiting for 7 years FFS and enduring some of the most embarrassing teams,players and results in Argyle's history in the meantime. Of course the team will need strengthening next year and i'm as cynical as anyone about the ability of the board to deliver that but that is nothing to do with the players or manager who deserve far more kudos than they are currently getting in some quarters.
Good Post Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 9:55 pm

Fair enough
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 10:14 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Darren Ferguson: We must make sure Plymouth Argyle don't win the league

DONCASTER Rovers 'annihilated' a 'lucky' Plymouth Argyle in a 1-0 defeat which cuts their lead at the top of League Two to three points, according to Darren Ferguson.

The Keepmoat Stadium boss said his side's primary motivation for the remaining seven matches of the campaign was to ensure Sunday's victors did not get their hands on the title.

The league leaders had 57 per cent of possession and 12 shots with three on target to one on target for the visitors – Sonny Bradley's 50 th-minute winner.

"When you look at how you set up for a game and you look at the overall stats, the most important one's always the result, so it's a disappointing day for us in that aspect," Ferguson told the media after the match.

"I really would be surprised if their gameplan was to let us have four incredible chances at 0-0, but they'll come out with they 'had a gameplan to hit us on the counter attack.'

"We've absolutely annihilated them today, annihilated them, the team in second and we should have won by three or four."

The Scot was delighted with his players despite the result and rued Argyle's luck on a day he felt they were the second-best side on the pitch.

"I was delighted with my players. It was an excellent performance, very, very good. All the stuff we worked on they did very, very well," he said.

"It's better to be a lucky team than a good one sometimes. That's what Plymouth were today."

With a win today the South Yorkshire side could have extended their lead at the top of the table to nine points, a near-insurmountable gap, but instead it is down to three and a very tense finale to the campaign is in store.

However, Ferguson has made it clear to his side how to keep themselves motivated after losing each of their matches with the Pilgrims this term.

"The motivation is to win the league and make sure they don't. That's the motivation for the rest of the season," he said.

Argyle skipper Luke McCormick, the villain of the piece at Home Park from Rovers' point of view for his goading of Liam Mandeville after he missed a penalty, has received plaudits for his Sunday performance.

The 33-year-old made two extraordinary saves in the match alongside a formidable all-round display.

"He played very well and he's a good goalkeeper, we know that. He made two really, really important saves for them and I don't look back at what happened in the previous game," said Ferguson.

"It's gone a long time ago and he did what he did. He apologised for it and we move on, but today he's got them the result."
I agree basically with what Ferguson said, i cant see how anyone can say otherwise McCormick saved us from an hiding! i dont like Adams style of football at all, but while he's getting results its hard to argue against it.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 10:15 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Agree, don't really get the level of negativity on here tonight, Adams said he was going for a win and the team got it.
Overall the tactics were right, we scored a good goal and the players kept their nerve.
Not least of which our goalie had a great game, not sure what more people want ffs.
Fergie can bleat on as much as he wants, we converted a goal scoring opportunity his side didn't - he needs to get over it.
Enjoy!!

BRENT OUT
ADAMS IN
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 10:23 pm

akagreengull wrote:
...don't really get the level of negativity on here tonight, Adams said he was going for a win...

Lol...

Good job Del bhey doesn't post on here then, I've heard Pulis and Kemp are looking at swooping for the swashbuckling Scot to manage WBA's reserves next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 10:56 pm

Greenskin wrote:

with all due respect the team played shit yet won, which is the important aspect of any game at the end of the day. Lets not try re writing history here on the performance side of it. McCormick saved us and we took advantage.

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 11:14 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

with all due respect the team played shit yet won, which is the important aspect of any game at the end of the day. Lets not try re writing history here on the performance side of it. McCormick saved us and we took advantage.

That's twelve times we've taken advantage this season.....I'm beginning to see a theme starting here.... scratch
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 11:40 pm

Our current standing is based entirely on being gutsy in defence and nicking a goal. To do so once is lucky, to do so many times is because we're good at it. Whether this set of players are capable of the same or better results by playing with more ambition...I'm not sure. Some of them are, probably, but some of them are just plainly mediocre footballers who have grafted and scraped to get us up to second. I'm fed up of this dog shot existence and am delighted that we'll have the chance to play a higher level next year.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 12:19 am

I thank the blue skies I don't have to watch that sort of gameplan every week.
Great game from McCormick, who won't be going anywhere for obvious reasons, and a great game from Bradley, who will be going somewhere if he is a free agent in the Summer. I can now see why Carey is still where he is, very lightweight and easily knocked off his game, but a dead ball merchant. The goal was reminiscent of Wotton/Coughlan. I suspect League 1 is little better than League 2 and see little reason why Adams' dreadful unwatchable game plan wouldn't work at the next level if he can keep the spine and actually add a couple of players that can play the game without the ball bobbling off them into touch.

I was then forced to sit through another 90 minutes of Brit trash with the England team. Like watching paint dry twice in one day until a REAL footballer came on in the shape of Vardy. Where have all the entertainers gone ? Tippy tappy, pointless nutmegging going nowhere doesn't do it for me.

The Barbican was packed full of mothers affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Doncaster Rovers Thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next