Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)

Go down 
+38
Graham Clark
tigertony
AstiSpumante
seadog
Jon L
Cornish Rebel
vincent_vega
Innocent Egbunike
Rollo Tomasi
Lord Melbury
Peggy
mouldyoldgoat
Dane
Ballboy1958EGS
MikeWN
zyph
Elias
Tringreen
PlymptonPilgrim
Sir Francis Drake
Dick Trickle
GreenDick25
Dingle
Grovehill
green_genie
Greenskin
RegGreen
Les Miserable
Charlie Wood
Freathy
harvetheslayer
VillageGreen
akagreengull
PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
Rickler
Czarcasm
Tgwu
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 11:43 am

akagreengull wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Has anyone actually spent time looking at details of Akkerons activites  ??  I'm sat here in amazement running through closure after closure way more than even I had ever envisaged and after the first Google page I had to reach for the Diazapam
Brent is a walking disaster a train wreck of incredible length waiting to derail

Why is Natatomisam registered address as Home Park. Or is some form of Holding Company of Akkeron ??

Green Jimmy as straight as they come.
laugh

His incompetence has put 1000's and 1000's on the Dole Queue....
When you start thinking about it more seriously it was clear that when Brent met with Piggy and the Wife Snatcher, he must have thought these people really are thick as shit and I could make a real earner out of this PAFC malarky, hence the reason he's hanging on and lining his pockets....
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 12:45 pm

Even building a website seems beyond Akkeron.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 11:15 pm

Davie Nine on the farm wrote:
Ends not being filled in.
GA working group - 2 suggestions accepted, 1 not accepted.
Timescale quite optimistic. ST's not announced because of possible work starting during next season.
2 working groups; 1 involving various staff representatives + Green Army group.

Just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.

Senior Greens influenced Simon and Jane's decision to invest in new Grandstand. Sounded serious about that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm presuming that news is from Simon Hallett at the Senior Greens meeting.

Very underwhelmed - but not surprised - to find 'the ends' not being filled in. I suppose the silver lining is no dentists?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 11:19 pm

Don't speak too soon Ricks, if any business comes up with sufficient lolly a corner will be theirs.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 2:19 am

We'll be drip fed more disappointing details within 72 hours of promotion. Bury the bad news on a good news day
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 7:19 am

Ends not being filled in is a clear indication of just how shit it's going look.  Don't bother brent and hallet - leave it for a proper owner to demolish the whole hideous eyesore and build something befitting a club with the potential Argo has.

BRENT OUT
HALLET OUT
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 7:36 am

Rickler wrote:
Davie Nine on the farm wrote:
Ends not being filled in.
GA working group - 2 suggestions accepted, 1 not accepted.
Timescale quite optimistic. ST's not announced because of possible work starting during next season.
2 working groups; 1 involving various staff representatives + Green Army group.

Just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.

Senior Greens influenced Simon and Jane's decision to invest in new Grandstand. Sounded serious about that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm presuming that news is from Simon Hallett at the Senior Greens meeting.

Very underwhelmed - but not surprised - to find 'the ends' not being filled in.  I suppose the silver lining is no dentists?

Tbf there were never any noises at all coming out of the Boardroom that an actual 'extension' widthways of the Grandstand was ever on the table. It was always going to be a manky makeover. The only major structural work being a bolt-on of conferencing facilities to the rear of the existing structure. As Les has said though, I too would never underestimate Brent's willingness to 'sell' the corners at some point, if some other third party flashed the cash.

It sounds utterly bizarre in a £5m project, but I won't breath a little easier until there is actual confirmation that they'll be putting seats in the existing Mayflower terrace area. It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if all of a sudden they don't have enough cash to stretch to such luxuries.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 9:40 am

As I have alluded to on freechat this morning just WHY is there total secrecy over the design.....??
Damon already confirmed that a charge over HP is lodged in favour of Hallett. He's wedged up the £5 million nobody but nobody dollies up that sort of hard cash without knowing what he/she is getting.

What are Brent and Hallett hiding here ??   Is it THAT shight that they know it faces ridicule. The infilled corners were never mentioned previously I agree, but everyone hoped the cow shed at one end and the signal box at the other would be demolished.....clearly not the case for now

Interesting that Nools utter silence is deafening. If the end product that he's seen was remotely decent he'd be everywhere praising his Lordships no matter how cryptic. The fact he's not tells its own story
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 9:42 am

Freathy wrote:
Ends not being filled in is a clear indication of just how shit it's going look.  Don't bother brent and hallet - leave it for a proper owner to demolish the whole hideous eyesore and build something befitting a club with the potential Argo has.

BRENT OUT
HALLET OUT

Thumbs Thumbs
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 10:18 am

Why are 'Janners' so grateful? Hallet has made a loan not a gift, he gets repaid, with interest, he co owns and takes a share of profits, what is there to be so cap doffing about.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 10:24 am

I have no confidence in this build, especially when one needs to ask the wife. sorry dear sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 10:30 am

Absobleddyloutely Pat.
I have always been open to the idea of a revamped grandstand on the lines of Forest, everton etc, but it has to be part of a completed ground, corners and all.
This is now being confirmed as bolting on a new scoffing business at the the back of the grandstand and probably a few new facilities possibly helping the plethora of businesses that are holed up at Home Park under Brent's umbrella. I assume Hallet will be moving a company or two there at some stage.
When will people realise people like Brent and Hallet are actively looking for long term safe havens for their money or their control of other peoples' money. Safe havens are in short supply with the world due to take it's biggest nosedive to date in the next few years.
As we have seen with the "Liverpool money", there is no way anyone can hold to account the owners of PAFC and how profits and monies are divvied up. So, who's to say any scoffing profits from the tacky banqueting facilities will trickle down to the football ?
The only good thing with this scheme is that it proves Brent and/or Hallet have neither got enough of their own money to do a proper asset strip of the club and ruin the park into the bargain. Thankful for small mercies.
"Glad I'm not going".
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 11:53 am

Cmon then which one is Lancastergreen on Animal Farm......!!   Dossiers will be compared with past banned members for sure.

The tea lady is a reference to Jane Hallett at Senior Greens

"Would be interesting to read the posts by the people in the know when/if this all goes badly. Its all well and good we have a lovely new tea lady in the waiting and a man with a few million quid to throw away but all the ass licking is a bit much, nothing has actually been achieved yet and a refurb of the grandstand is ok but I would rather have seen it spent it on the team to push us further up the leagues. We cant all be happy and of course we cant all be upset by the tea lady and money man but really? ass licking? Seems some are a little easily pleased...usually the ones sucking up to the management and owners of our club"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 12:28 pm

I've often been of the opinion that Nooly has a number of strawmen accounts which he uses to generate a bit of outrage. It could be one of ours, I have an idea who. Razz
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 1:07 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT
HALLET OUT

Thumbs Thumbs
Here!! Here!! Well said that man i second that  Thumbs Thumbs
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 1:14 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I have no confidence in this build, especially when one needs to ask the wife. sorry dear sunny
laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm

I'll safely say right now the grandstand will be shit.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 2:59 pm

A quick bit of research reveals that £5 million buys you 250 yards of motorway or 400 hip replacements. It's not a lot.

Once the architects and the legalities are sorted, new seats, new press area, new roof, general paint job, and new catering facilities, I can't see much being left.

It will be interesting to see who gets the many contracts due to be offered. The expression "follow the money" is not without merit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 3:13 pm

I think Hallett needs to do a bit of research on Brent and  how the "fees" can mount up. LOL. A quick phone call to Torbay Council should fill him in on how almost a million got swallowed up before a brick was even laid, so much so that the squire just couldn't afford to continue. Obviously professional fees aren't cheap these days. i wonder if Akkeron will be involved, as I'm sure they could fit it all in given their future schedules.

I would say a pattern has developed over the last few years with this Brent character, but for some reason it's always someone else's fault.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 3:20 pm

Could it be that they can't put permanent seating back onto the existing Mayflower terrace because the roof doesn't cover it adequately enough (or, indeed, in reality at all). Does the Green Guide mention this?

If so then a grandstand re-furb as opposed to replacement means that that terrace stays, used or not, because neither pitch nor stand are moving.

Ergo were we to use the Mayflower Terrace at all in the future the grandstand roof needs extending. That would mean it needs structural support in some way... Maybe they need the corners in order to locate supportive structures for the extended roof that would bring the Mayflower back into usage?

Because if they are not going to bring the Mayflower back into use how, given that the Green Guide must surely stipulate greater leg room than that which currently exists in the old girl, are we going to increase ground capacity as opposed to decreasing it?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 4:16 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Why are 'Janners' so grateful? Hallet has made a loan not a gift, he gets repaid, with interest, he co owns and takes a share of profits, what is there to be so cap doffing about.
The Brown Nosing from the Grateful licky types is epic, all Community Si has done is bought the Freehold from the Community, as yet the rest is Jam tomorrow promises.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 8:46 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Could it be that they can't put permanent seating back onto the existing Mayflower terrace because the roof doesn't cover it adequately enough (or, indeed, in reality at all). Does the Green Guide mention this?

If so then a grandstand re-furb as opposed to replacement means that that terrace stays, used or not, because neither pitch nor stand are moving.

Ergo were we to use the Mayflower Terrace at all in the future the grandstand roof needs extending. That would mean it needs structural support in some way... Maybe they need the corners in order to locate supportive structures for the extended roof that would bring the Mayflower back into usage?

Because if they are not going to bring the Mayflower back into use how, given that the Green Guide must surely stipulate greater leg room than that which currently exists in the old girl, are we going to increase ground capacity as opposed to decreasing it?

Thinking semi-logically, there is quite simply no physical way of getting to a capacity figure "approaching 20,000" as Brent was quoted, without the terrace area being seated. So either the roof is being extended, or they've found some sort of loophole to get around that requirement.

As I've said before though, the good thing about it all being so cheap and crap, is that there won't be any issue or outcry whatsoever when we finally get an owner who commits to bulldozing it all and building a Grandstand worthy of the name.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 10:09 pm

Just thinking aloud really, Czarky. It all sort of ties in with the various gnomic utterances we have been privileged enough to receive from on high but the Mayflower terrace simply must be in play if the capacity is to be increased.

Unless we're going to make the existing structure considerably taller. Or go subterranean.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 10:39 pm

The Brent Twins Mankover is going to be half arsed cheap and gash, the club needs a proper modern fit for purpose Grandstand every body knows that, so stop pretending that something less is anything other than crap!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 11:18 pm

I'm not pretending anything. Just speculating within the constraints of what we have been led to believe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)
Page 9 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next