Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)

Go down 
+38
Graham Clark
tigertony
AstiSpumante
seadog
Jon L
Cornish Rebel
vincent_vega
Innocent Egbunike
Rollo Tomasi
Lord Melbury
Peggy
mouldyoldgoat
Dane
Ballboy1958EGS
MikeWN
zyph
Elias
Tringreen
PlymptonPilgrim
Sir Francis Drake
Dick Trickle
GreenDick25
Dingle
Grovehill
green_genie
Greenskin
RegGreen
Les Miserable
Charlie Wood
Freathy
harvetheslayer
VillageGreen
akagreengull
PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
Rickler
Czarcasm
Tgwu
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 2:41 am

Interesting to note that Nik Barron came on Freechat and expressed his dissatisfaction with Brent and Hallett for not releasing the plans to everyone now. (I get on well with Nik so know he wont object to me posting that)
The secrecy is for a reason rest assured. Someone else came on FC a name I hadnt seen before and proclaimed that the disabled stand would be incorporated within the main Grandstand and the tunnel will funnel out instead from the corner of the Barn Park end close to signal box. In my opinion not something that would be pulled from thin air. My money is on a WG member releasing some detail with an alias
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 3:38 am

Who is Monkeywrench on the Farm Site Admin....?? Didn't even realise that Hallett had "loaned" the money to Argyle and was being repaid, thought it was a gift FFS
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 4:35 am

I know another web site has got a April fool joke on the name of the refurbished grandstand, It got me thinking. What name would ATD posters come up with?

The bric a brac stand

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 8:42 am

I'm beginning to doubt there will even be seats on the mayflower terrace. Probably 90% of the loan will be spent on building new conference facilities. I reckon it'll be no more than a paint job for the actual grandstand and replace the wooden seats with plastic ones. The weed covered crumbling expanse of terrace will remain as it is.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 10:15 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Who is Monkeywrench on the Farm Site Admin....??  Didn't even realise that Hallett had "loaned" the money to Argyle and was being repaid, thought it was a gift FFS

Monkeywrench is everything a Pasoti Mod needs to be in this day and age.

Unequivocally Pro-Brent.
Unquestionably Pro-Newell.
Painfully thick.
Utterly subservient.

(The above is basically a Pasoti-Mod application form that if you can answer 'Yes' to all four, you're a shoe-in.)
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 10:32 am

Never mind it just being a lick of paint, 'e saved us.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 11:20 am

The focus of this work is to increase hospitality.

The dressing rooms will be moved to a new structure (cynic would guess at portakabins where the part of FPC not being reopened is falling down tieing in with accoant above of "tunnel" in BPE corner) and ground floor including boxes behind Mayflower will be opened up to give more corporate space. If they do this half way properly it will have movable partitions to allow splitting the area. Boringdon Golf club is good example of this.

The 'pool temporary seats debacle will probably be used to prove that seats can't go there without rebuild and they'll be disappointed that they couldn't achieve aspiration of 20K stand and challenge the AFT to lobby for safe standing legislation.

Disabled access could be a major cost to the scheme if they don't try and weasle out like when Phase 1 went in.

Tonights lottery numbers will be......................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 11:43 am

So the players will emerge from the tunnel just next to the away fans? lol!

Perhaps a better approach would be to fill in both corners to house the club offices, far post club, club shop, tunnel etc then invest a substantial chunk of the initial investment on maximising comfort and capacity in the mayflower lower tier.

Still, whatever they produce, it should be better than the boxed in mini-stand?

If they don't reach 7k capacity it'll be hard to get excited by this new Asbestos Stand revamp. When you compare with other clubs of (formerly) similar size and stature this effort will be rather embarrassing.
Reading, Hull, Cardiff, Swansea, Bristol City, Wigan, all clubs substantially bigger than Little Plymouth now.

Look how far we've come! :greenrave:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 11:47 am

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the unsightly tatty inconvenient football stuff stuff can be shoved down out of sight away from the power point corp freebie wafflers. They're going to want a nice tidy and clean entrance opposite the Life centre too. Wonder if they've got the turnstiles in their sights. Razz Can't wait for the pasoti "it's about time they went. trust in the squire "

Again, Rotherham is probably the most current example of a scoff and snort facility with a big window under a football viewing platform. It's just sooooo ancient Rome but without the architecture.

Hospitality and family days out subsidised by other fans appears to be the only vision held by these two life long football people. It's how they've lived life to date, so why stop now ? Just another boring ghetto. Glad I'm not going.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 12:27 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I'm not pretending anything. Just speculating within the constraints of what we have been led to believe.
My comment was not aimed at you Sir Fran, just giving my general overveiw on the secretative dogshit makeover proposed by the Twins.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I know another web site has got a April fool joke on the name of the refurbished grandstand, It got me thinking. What name would ATD posters come up with?

The bric a brac stand

The April Fools stand would suffice.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Tgwu wrote:

The bric a brac stand

The,What the fcuk is that stand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 5:27 pm

The Asbestos Stand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 6:41 pm

The Trough on the Hill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 6:46 pm

The SW Comms stand at the brickfields is probably type of stand brent wants. Which is perfect for Albion but will be utter shite for us.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 7:25 pm

The licky licky bum end stand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 7:35 pm

RegGreen wrote:
The licky licky bum end stand

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 8:32 am

When are the Working Group meeting again?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 8:57 am

BBC1 wrote:

Some thursday afternoon in April when final decisions on the carsie taps colour will be finalised....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 9:37 am

Bet it's not the Thursday of the senior greens meeting. Some of the GAGWG like to go to these meetings with the REAL fans! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 9:41 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Some thursday afternoon in April when final decisions on the carsie taps colour will be finalised....

I think all the napkins should be green with a lighthouse motif. Can someone pass this on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 11:56 am

As long as the birds nest is preserved, i'll be happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Scenes. Just scenes. The bananabus might just be bouncing all the way home!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Will start the redevelopment in January 2018
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Here on BBC Spotlight lunch today  3 mins in redevelopment in January 2018

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)
Page 10 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next