Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)

Go down 
+38
Graham Clark
tigertony
AstiSpumante
seadog
Jon L
Cornish Rebel
vincent_vega
Innocent Egbunike
Rollo Tomasi
Lord Melbury
Peggy
mouldyoldgoat
Dane
Ballboy1958EGS
MikeWN
zyph
Elias
Tringreen
PlymptonPilgrim
Sir Francis Drake
Dick Trickle
GreenDick25
Dingle
Grovehill
green_genie
Greenskin
RegGreen
Les Miserable
Charlie Wood
Freathy
harvetheslayer
VillageGreen
akagreengull
PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
Rickler
Czarcasm
Tgwu
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
PatDunne

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptyFri 26 May 2017, 09:30

I think it's only fair that Jim and Si reap the rewards of the the councils money, PCC would only have wasted it on old people, sick people, children, play parks, libraries, far better in Jims pocket......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptyFri 26 May 2017, 12:16

The skin crawling adulation these plans are getting on Pisspoti is nothing short of vomit inducing. They're loving it - do do do do do!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptyFri 26 May 2017, 12:25

Mr. Brownstone wrote:
The skin crawling adulation these plans are getting on Pisspoti is nothing short of vomit inducing. They're loving it - do do do do do!

james brent could shit on a plate and offer it to pasoti to auction off and those sheep would claim it a masterpiece and proof brent cares.

These plans are lacklustre nothing more and seals our fate for decades to come that we have zero intentions of being a championship club or god forbid attempt to reach the premiership.

Its been proven last season that when the team is playing well they fill out home park Liverpool game of course was a payday that we are still yet to see any rewards from.

if we are playing well in league one more will come and the same in championship so how long will a competant owner take to realise 20000 isnt going to be enough?

the only saving grace for this all would be knocking down the devonport end and double tierring it in the hope we can bump it up to 25000 as that can be done where as lyndhurst cant and barn park is iffy only small adjustments.

Last edited by Angry on Fri 26 May 2017, 12:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptyFri 26 May 2017, 12:34

Talking of long term leases, Sutton Harbour don't own the freehold to the airport land, just a very long lease, which of course hasn't stopped them wanting to develop a huge residential area against the wishes of the council.

Talking of Sutton Harbour, who's noticed that the pedestrian bridge from the mayflower steps to cox side and the aquarium has been abruptly closed, ever since Mays visit as it happens. Could be broken down, could be all sorts of reasons. The aquarium and waterfront community will suffer big time if it doesn't reopen. Now as Sutton Harbour built, own and run the bridge, shorely they wouldn't use this as a bargaining chip in their on going spat with the council ? shorely not clown
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptyFri 26 May 2017, 14:23

TV chef blames closed footbridge for huge fall in customers at his posh waterfront restaurant

Watch above: Facebook Live from Pirate Weekend on the Barbican

A celebrity chef says the closure of a footbridge has had a huge impact on his swanky waterfront restaurant business.

Sutton Harbour pedestrian crossing, which links the Barbican to the National Marine Aquarium, has been closed since the end of last month for repairs.

It is likely to remain closed for weeks, with no reopening time currently in sight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptyFri 26 May 2017, 14:33

Having a perfectly good bridge closed for no obvious reason is peak Plymouth. That and having a purpose built swimming pool to long to be used in swimming events

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Fri 26 May 2017, 14:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptyFri 26 May 2017, 14:47

A swimming pool too long ? The last one was too short Razz
I assume you're talking of the Life centre, Hugh. I haven't heard that, but then I stopped using the swimming pool facilities when the old one shut. But, if so, shorely the contractors are to blame. Anyone regularly building swimming pools at huge expense knows the score and the size.

As for the footbridge, I smell a rat. Funny how it shut a day or two before Ms May turned up, what with the new planning guidelines up and running where central government can overrule democratically elected locals. I have a lot of issues with PCC, but they are not always to blame, far from it. History tells us we have a country where barons, and the more lowly squires are continually baying at the gate trying to empty the public purse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptyFri 26 May 2017, 14:53

beesrus wrote:
A swimming pool too long ? The last one was too short Razz
I assume you're talking of the Life centre, Hugh. I haven't heard that, but then I stopped using the swimming pool facilities when the old one shut. But, if so, shorely the contractors are to blame. Anyone regularly building swimming pools at huge expense knows the score and the size.

As for the footbridge, I smell a rat. Funny how it shut a day or two before Ms May turned up, what with the new planning guidelines up and running where central government can overrule democratically elected locals. I have a lot of issues with PCC, but they are not always to blame, far from it. History tells us we have a country where barons, and the more lowly squires are continually baying at the gate trying to empty the public purse.

Sorry I stand corrected!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptyFri 26 May 2017, 16:31

An Olympic-size swimming pool is the type of swimming pool used in the Olympic Games, where the race course is 50 metres (164.0 ft) in length. This is typically referred to as "long course", distinguishing it from "short course" which applies to competitions in pools that are 25 metres (82.0 ft) in length.

Plymouth Life centre can be 50m or 25m long, the booms can be move up or down to have different lengths

The Mayflower swimming pool was to short for the 50m but a boom could be move to make it a 25m
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptyFri 26 May 2017, 19:30

Hugh Watt wrote:
Having a perfectly good bridge closed for no obvious reason is peak Plymouth. That and having a purpose built swimming pool to long to be used in swimming events

The unobvious reason is hydraulics need renewing. Piss poor maintenance schedule but they either shut Sutton Harbour or the bridge until repaired.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptyFri 26 May 2017, 19:35

Mr. Brownstone wrote:

All that is left is the Derby & Joan club of the Senior Greens who shouted "just build it" at HP. They won't live to see PAFC in top flight (if any of us will) so don't care about future vision.

Somebody sets up a Senior Greens Facebbok site and pasoti is dead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptyFri 26 May 2017, 19:51

green_genie wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

The unobvious reason is hydraulics need renewing. Piss poor maintenance schedule but they either shut Sutton Harbour or the bridge until repaired.

Well, of course something needs renewing GG, the hydraulics, the motor, something. It's been swinging to and fro, if you don't mind me saying so, for a good many years now.
My point is why haven't residents and businesses been given some reasonings, details, and maybe just a time scale for repairs ? A lot depends on that bridge, and I find it weird beyond belief that such a savvy company like Sutton Harbour cant get it together to inform the community they serve. Take your techie procedure head off and put on an every day business/community head.
Obviously the boat/fishing traffic takes priority, that goes without saying, but have you ever thought they might have a contingency plan in place, if only for public explanation and estimates of timescales.
Oh, and by the way, the pedestrian bridge is swung out out of the way so boat traffic can do it's thing. It doesn't take a genius to work out that most, if not all the actuating gear is separate from the lock gates. I'm smelling a transparency issue.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptySat 27 May 2017, 10:30

My bad. Not the hydraulics this time.

I'm no fan of SHH and their work in the city but this is all a bit more complicated than Jimmy not getting the horsshoe maintained.

Big Bad Gov bag o'

The system was put in by Kier for the Environment Agency and I know engineers from both parties who are still in dispute about it.

The repair works have been planned since January and been reported in Herald.

Anyhoo. Anybody been to look at the "magnificent two tiered stand" etchings yet??

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptySat 27 May 2017, 10:31

Is anyone planning to go visit this farce today or tomorrow?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptySat 27 May 2017, 11:19

Me and Reg Green shall be in attendance tomorrow.
Some of the designs are on Freechat now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptySat 27 May 2017, 11:27

alannotivvy wrote:
Me and Reg Green shall be in attendance tomorrow.  
Some of the designs are on Freechat now.

thanks Alan, i just had a look when i saw this.

cheap and cheerful nothing more even the corporate facilities look bog standard for all of brents guff. One plus is building in the corners for the stand but that grandstand is so shit. In fact it looks no different to the hhp plans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptySat 27 May 2017, 11:31

From what i can tell, the Corners are involved with the 2nd phase. Unlikely that'll happen in our lifetime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptySat 27 May 2017, 11:41

What is the capacity of Phase 1? or is that classified information?

Suppose you can take the Phase 2 capacity of 20k and work backwards by taking off the no. of seats from the 2 corners which would be? 750 per corner? no idea.

Looks like around 18k > Brent taking the piss again, he knows that's the first question most fans will ask.

Appears to be a major reduction in the number of corp boxes too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptySat 27 May 2017, 12:04

alannotivvy wrote:
From what i can tell, the Corners are involved with the 2nd phase.  Unlikely that'll happen in our lifetime.

Phase 2 will never happen much like the original phase plan.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptySat 27 May 2017, 12:16

Postie presents to the farm the stage 2 images rather than what we are actually getting - to quell a mass feeling of meh? mind you grateful Janners..... and how can that be a three tier grandstand when the roof remains the same, why not put some seats in my garden and say the Mayflower has 4 tiers!!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptySat 27 May 2017, 12:45

Phase2 is the glitter on this Turd, which we all know wont happen for a minimum of fifty years,phase1 is the expected roofless shit with the rest going on keeping the Prawnies happy, it looks like a proper half arsed argo bodge which the club will have to pay back community Si, for the next thirty years.......The Brentmare goes on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptySat 27 May 2017, 12:49

To be honest, I was expecting a lot worse.

It's typically Plymouth, cheap and half arsed but it's certainly different.
For 5 million, you can't really do much better can you?

It does amuse me though, the proles on the front getting pissed on with the toffs undercover - plenty of banqueting space for Brent's growing band of arselickers.

This is a carefully controlled, choreographed release of information, dividing it into 2 Phases (Phase 2 will get done in about 30 years time, if ever) is genius quite frankly.

With the critical mass of inbred sycophants now integral to the core fanbase, they won't ever drill down into the detail, or press Jimmy on timelines of delivery or capacity.

The fans were frothing at the mouth over the boxed in mini-stand, Jimmy could have got away with a lot worse than this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptySat 27 May 2017, 12:49

I was preparing myself to be seriously underwhelmed.

I have not been disappointed. Cheap, nasty, half a job, shite. Still, I see that De-lar is pathetically drawing attention away from phase 1 crapness towards what might be in phase 2.

Phase 2? yeh, right. Not in my lifetime.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptySat 27 May 2017, 12:55

Mr. Brownstone wrote:
I was preparing myself to be seriously underwhelmed.

I have not been disappointed. Cheap, nasty, half a job, shite. Still, I see that De-lar is pathetically drawing attention away from phase 1 crapness towards what might be in phase 2.

Phase 2? yeh, right. Not in my lifetime.
lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 EmptySat 27 May 2017, 12:59

Looking at these pictures, and taking into account the current structure, it looks like the new stand will be set back quite some way back from the pitch?

Or the lower tier will have an almost flat gradient raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)
Page 18 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next