The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park  Empty
PostSubject: Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park    Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 10:01 am

Argyle’s Head of Fitness and Conditioning, John Lucas, has departed Home Park after a very successful spell with the Pilgrims.

Having accompanied manager Ryan Lowe from Bury in the summer of 2019, John played an important role as Argyle bounced back to Sky Bet League One at the first time of asking.

With football shut down during the coronavirus pandemic, John evidenced his community spirit by supporting the Green Army in staying fit over lockdown – even turning his hand to some video sessions alongside his first-team responsibilities during the 20/21 campaign.

Argyle manager Ryan Lowe said: “John has been an important member of my staff at Argyle, and I have nothing but good things to say about him.

“An opportunity came up for him closer to home, and we didn’t feel it was right to stand in his way. We thank him for his work, and wish him nothing but the best for the future.”

Upon leaving Home Park, John said: “I would like to express my thanks to everyone associated with Argyle for making my time at Home Park an unforgettable experience.

“It was a very difficult decision to decide to move on to something new, and that’s testament to my relationship with the gaffer, the team, the staff, and everyone at the club.

“I have no doubt the club will continue to make progress on and off the field, and I am grateful to have been a part of it and experience the highs of promotion.”

Everyone at Argyle wishes John well, and we thank him for his hard work and valuable contribution to the success of the team.

The club has moved swiftly to identify and appoint an individual to replace Lucas, with the new staff member set to be in place before Saturday’s Sky Bet League One tie against Doncaster Rovers at Home Park.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park    Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 10:52 am

Tgwu wrote:
Argyle’s Head of Fitness and Conditioning, John Lucas, has departed Home Park after a very successful spell with the Pilgrims.

Having accompanied manager Ryan Lowe from Bury in the summer of 2019, John played an important role as Argyle bounced back to Sky Bet League One at the first time of asking.

With football shut down during the coronavirus pandemic, John evidenced his community spirit by supporting the Green Army in staying fit over lockdown – even turning his hand to some video sessions alongside his first-team responsibilities during the 20/21 campaign.

Argyle manager Ryan Lowe said: “John has been an important member of my staff at Argyle, and I have nothing but good things to say about him.

“An opportunity came up for him closer to home, and we didn’t feel it was right to stand in his way. We thank him for his work, and wish him nothing but the best for the future.”

Upon leaving Home Park, John said: “I would like to express my thanks to everyone associated with Argyle for making my time at Home Park an unforgettable experience.

“It was a very difficult decision to decide to move on to something new, and that’s testament to my relationship with the gaffer, the team, the staff, and everyone at the club.

“I have no doubt the club will continue to make progress on and off the field, and I am grateful to have been a part of it and experience the highs of promotion.”

Everyone at Argyle wishes John well, and we thank him for his hard work and valuable contribution to the success of the team.

The club has moved swiftly to identify and appoint an individual to replace Lucas, with the new staff member set to be in place before Saturday’s Sky Bet League One tie against Doncaster Rovers at Home Park.

Anyone think that the highlighted comment might be repeated in another Club statement in the next few months?

I also hope a swift appointment of a replacement still means we get the best available candidate, rather than being a sign of panic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park    Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 12:11 pm

good luck to him but i do hope whoever ryan has brpought in is someone who will improve onthe job he did
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park    Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 12:33 pm

Good luck to him.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park    Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park  EmptyThu Sep 23, 2021 12:21 am

gone to Salford City
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park    Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park  EmptyThu Sep 23, 2021 1:31 pm

Salford are currently 17th in the Division.

Wouldn't be surprised if they ditch the Manager soon, they tend to be impatient.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park    Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park  EmptyThu Sep 23, 2021 2:35 pm

Grovehill wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if they ditch the Manager soon, they tend to be impatient.

Given your earlier comment you'll be hoping our manager will also be on his way then?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park    Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park  EmptyThu Sep 23, 2021 3:28 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Given your earlier comment you'll be hoping our manager will also be on his way then?

Well, here goes.

Results this season have somewhat altered my view tbh. RL looks to have taken on the lessons of last season, bought in reliable defenders who are committed to the Club and I think there have been changes to the playing style, with not every attack being so predictable. I know a big reason for this is the non availability of Mayor, but hopefully now he's a bit more experienced Lowe wont revert to "everything through Mayor" when/if he gets back in the team.

My initial doubts were based on managerial inexperience and a reluctance to vary playing style. The first has been cured by time and the second by circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park    Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park  Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking news John Lucas, has departed Home Park
Page 1 of 1