Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 2:19 pm

It's not all insults there's a lot of good discussion on here, locking this thread is the most pasoti type action that has ever happened on this site.
Neither side has covered themselves in glory but have a look outside these four walls it reflects the mood of the nation.
Good luck with your power trip guys I hope it works out for you and you have plenty of footy to talk about. I bid you farewell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 2:25 pm

There's a marked difference between debate and trying to impose your will on others to change their minds
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 4:00 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Why don't you just roll over and die right now?

What nice people you Brexiters are!!!!!

Don't be so precious. It's a figure of speech, not "hate' speech

How about lie down and curl up in a ball instead?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 4:48 pm

I see old Geldof is poking his nose in again today. Why would anyone take any notice of a self publicising Irishman and singer of a moderate new wave band whose day in the sun came 30 odd years ago?

"Fer fokks sake missus Thatcher, give it the people who fokking need it". laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 6:03 pm

We're all poking our noses in, aren't we. And as the classic fan of one man/woman, one vote, I have no problem with a very rich person airing their views, even the English queen. Hell, if he was actually interested, I don't mind the impoverished like Jimmy Brent giving of his opinion, provided he didn't insist on his serfs voting one way or the other, as happened in the first English Civil War.
The problem really lays with who the mass media decides gets the column inches and who the public decides know what they're talking about. And of course, that last point goes right back to schooling and the very essence of drip drip culture
As for Bobbbbbbbbbb, his view on remaining seems to be typical of most folk that have prospered under the status quo, either spiritually or fiscally, and so naturally, he will support it. Those that the system hasn't served well, like the underclass for example, tend to tell a different story.
I went to a pro Corbyn rally today at the Sundial, to lend my broad left support to a beleaguered grass root politician. A good  300 people giving of their support to a man under massive undemocratic pressure from the Westminster elite, who don't really like REAL democracy.  
One would think the brexiteers across the land would be lending their support to Jezza, given the pressure Brexit is now under from the establishment, but I haven't heard a dickie, not even on here. Weird.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 7:40 pm

This country is bereft of real political Leaders and does anybody really think labour could be in Government with Corbyn as the Prime Minister!

He may well be honourable and single minded but he isn't a Leader.

This country's suffered from a lack of real leadership and since the war what real leaders have we had?

Churchill, Thatcher (even though I really despised that woman), Blair in the early years maybe but that's it.

Where are the Orators, the communicators and the motivators ?
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 7:45 pm

How many times does this need to be said!

It's not Corbyn's policies. It's the LACK OF LEADERSHIP.

I'm sure Corbyn is a loyal, straightforward, kind person.

It's what he isn't, that counts in Parliament.

The Left see demons everywhere but even his best friends wouldn't call him lively.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 8:52 pm

Besides the point. Many organisations run on committee. China hasn't done too badly with that method  of late.
Was Major a leader ? Who would ever vote for someone like Gove looking like that ? Even you would vote him down.
Too many kids on here looking for father or mother figures. Frightened valley people. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

PS Italy looking good. They can match the Germans in the head, and importantly, physically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 9:05 pm

China hasn't done badly on many things!

And Major and Gove prove my point exactly, we have had no leaders for years, no matter what your politics are, if you can't put your point across as a politician, it ain't going to happen no matter what your political persuasion is.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 12:28 am

Crikey.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 9:54 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Just be honest and admit that all of your hundreds of Brexit posts are about how your personal employment situation may change as a Brit in Germany.

Yes, my anti Brexit views are of course mostly to do with my personal situation.

Ok, here we go!

I have a young daughter here. I don't live with her mother, we weren't married. My daughter is with me every other weekend (and more in the school holidays).

What will my rights be post Brexit? Will I be able to stay here or will I have to leave???

Please tell me.

Marry your daughter's mother, take German nationality, and live happy ever after,

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 10:46 am

Farage resigns as leader of UKIP, job done Thanks/OK . Love him or loath him it's undeniable that without him we'd never have been given a referendum and the chance to speak as a democratic nation, for that he deserves great credit imo. I also think he deserves some sort of input in the Brexit negotiations, his experience of the EU and how the place works could prove invaluable and he could keep a close eye on the slippery b@stards who appear hell bent on watering down the will of the majority.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:22 am

A lordship awaits no doubt. Talking of which old Lord Biro's frustration is growing by the minute. I sympathise with him in so much that the political system needs overhauling and yet how do you go about it?

The centre ground is where it's at, unfortunately, yet even Corbyn and Farage, who represent both ends, are not particularly extreme. All the rest are somewhere in between. Proportional Representation is a logical option but this leads to Coalition governments with the minority party(ies) sometimes holding too much influence.

The USA is proving that extremism can succeed but let's be honest, who the hell wants Trump in power.

At least Brexit gives us an opportunity to change even though we won't take it.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:24 am

Excellent leadership speech from Leadsom, not the most natural orator but her points and potential policies were clearly set out, I'll take substance over style every time. I like her..........is she married? bounce Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:29 am

"I'm not a career politician."

"Unelected, undemocratic beurocrats that we can't get rid of."

etc

I'd be astonished if Farage accepts a peerage. So he probably will.

Much less surprised to see him create an almighty mess, wash his hands of it and walk away though. Thanks, Nige.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:31 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Excellent leadership speech from Leadsom, not the most natural orator but her points and potential policies were clearly set out, I'll take substance over style every time. I like her..........is she married? bounce Embarassed

She's married.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:39 am

I thought she came across very well at the pre-referendum debates, didn't lose her cool and set her brexit vision concisely

Last edited by Graiser on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:42 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

She's married.

Leadsom, not May ffs!.....I wouldn't touch her with yours.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:58 am

Les Miserable wrote:

After recent events, can anyone really trust any politician?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 12:19 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Frankly it didn't need recent events to confirm the treachery of politicians of any description, which has been the case since time immemorial.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 3:32 pm

A serious two part question here.....

If we do leave the EU and have to negotiate new trade agreements with the US and Canada, will we be forced to accept TTIP and CETA?

If that were the case would you be ok with TTIP and CETA?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 3:49 pm

TTIP will seal our fate and ensure every Tory MP retires with a handsome pension in addition o the one we pay for.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 3:49 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

You never could. No change there
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 3:51 pm

1. IMO No, not 'forced'.......
2. I myself would not be ok with either, however the EU is negotiating to introduce these 'trade deals' therefore by being in the EU TTIP and CETA is what we would get, by being outside the EU - slim chance of staying outside these 'arrangements'
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 3:59 pm

PatDunne wrote:
1. IMO No, not 'forced'.......
2. I myself would not be ok with either, however the EU is negotiating to introduce these 'trade deals' therefore by being in the EU TTIP and CETA is what we would get, by being outside the EU - slim chance of staying outside these 'arrangements'

On point 1, we would have a very weak negotiating hand, so the Yanks could (and probably would) play hardball.

On the EU point......

" The final deal will have to be approved by the Council (national governments) and
European Parliament. It is likely that both CETA and TTIP will also have to be
approved by the national parliaments of the EU’s 28 member states. However,
neither the Council, the European Parliament nor national parliaments will be able
to make amendments to an agreement; they can only accept or reject the final
deal."

Last edited by Moist_Von_Lipwig on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next