Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 1:50 am

Lol, many students urged... lazy feckers couldn't be bothered to vote but urged somebody to speak after the event.

What's needed is someone with a backbone to accept democracry and bring the people together. What's done is done.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 1:50 am

Grayling's insulting...  Almost suggesting the people aren't clever enough to know what's good for them.
No wonder you're quoting him SFD.

Good thing it's one person one vote, eh Frannie?  Amsterdamage's opinion counts as good as Grayling's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 2:53 am

Are you anti all democracy or just the bits you don't agree with?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 2:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 3:04 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Have you read Professor A C Grayling’s letter to all 650 MPs urging Parliament not to support a motion to trigger Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, 1 July 2016?

If not here it is:

(May contain EU related content - the clue to the content is in the link title. Do not click if this is likely to offend.)

I'd love to know how much you actually read to form your opinion of in/out and I don't just mean web pages offering opinion.

To make a real defined opinion would mean reading thousands upon thousands upons thousands of pages of pure hard facts concerning trade deals, rules & regulations and much much more than the simple average janner would ever know. It would take many months if not longer just to read through it all, even longer to absorb and comprehend it.

So please tell us why you are so right? Then perhaps you could tell us why the reluctant lecturer? is so right?

Or you could just stop being a PITA, accept democracy and join the majority in getting on with it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 7:21 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:
An excellent day. After all the normal Tory guff pre vote, Osborne has pulled the plug on austerity for now. He'll be gone shortly, and what Tory chancellor can now carry on with their ideological poor bashing while the Brexit thing is in play that has shown just how out of touch his policy was, once people were given a straight forward vote, without the established safety of the rotten borough thing. Excellent. Delighted.
Funny how things turn out. Didn't expect it so easily, but I'll take it.

Yes slipped out unnoticed didn't it.

Who can forget get the sepia tinted "all in it together in the national interest" 50s austerity chic as they took a great big axe to public services and handed them to barely competent private Buccaneers.

But labour caused the mess through overspending they cried. Is there still a mess I wonder, it's a shame there no opposition to argue it.
I do wonder these days whether there's any point in articulating any arguments about anything. Given the outrageous bashing Corbyn has received in the media over the last 12 months, many people wouldn't believe a word he said in any event, so what's the point of him articulating it. People are just so emotionally set in their own tribal pathways, logic doesn't get a look in. Arguments and opinion have long been had in the boardrooms and corridors of power, and then drip fed out to the masses by constant media and commercial propagaaaanda. Drip, drip, drip, like chlorine in our water.

And one more thing, why is democratic decision making in public/private companies arranged so differently than basic political enfranchisement ? For any rabble rousing bunch of shareholding ne'er do wells to make a material difference to a company's direction through a special resolution, it requires a huge 75% majority, not the normal 51%. So, in view of the disgraceful rise and enrichment of the executive class, what is so special about PLCs that affords them greater protection from grass root opinion than that which is offered to the public in general in our political system ?
One might say it's all a stitch up, and in my more pessimistic mood, can see the day when all decisions are taken by the dark rise of semantic computer software. Ho hum.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 8:45 am

Amsterdamage wrote:

Even scum IRA sympathiser McDonnell seems to be jockeying for position now, post-Corbyn.

Talking of Jeremy, even his smiles look painful, don't they?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 10:42 am

[quote="Rickler"]
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Why don't you just roll over and die right now?

What nice people you Brexiters are!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 10:53 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Just be honest and admit that all of your hundreds of Brexit posts are about how your personal employment situation may change as a Brit in Germany.

Yes, my anti Brexit views are of course mostly to do with my personal situation.

Ok, here we go!

I have a young daughter here. I don't live with her mother, we weren't married. My daughter is with me every other weekend (and more in the school holidays).

What will my rights be post Brexit? Will I be able to stay here or will I have to leave???

Please tell me.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 10:57 am

Aye, perhaps if we keep this thread a wee bit less insulting. I too was a remainer and will be enjoying German hospitality, followed by Austrian, Italian and German again very soon.
I shall of course look embarrassed and give a Gallic shrug when asked to explain how we have followed Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson into this void.

Our bed is made now we have to try and make it comfy although with a complete lack of command, no chart and a fooked compass I am not very confident of a safe voyage.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 11:03 am

Lord Biro wrote:

I do wonder these days whether there's any point in articulating any arguments about anything. Given the outrageous bashing Corbyn has received in the media over the last 12 months, many people wouldn't believe a word he said in any event, so what's the point of him articulating it. People are just so emotionally set in their own tribal pathways, logic doesn't get a look in. Arguments and opinion have long been had in the boardrooms and corridors of power, and then drip fed out to the masses by constant media and commercial propagaaaanda. Drip, drip, drip, like chlorine in our water.

And one more thing, why is democratic decision making in public/private companies arranged so differently than basic political enfranchisement ? For any rabble rousing bunch of shareholding ne'er do wells to make a material difference to a company's direction through a special resolution, it requires a huge 75% majority, not the normal 51%. So, in view of the disgraceful rise and enrichment of the executive class, what is so special about PLCs that affords them greater protection from grass root opinion than that which is offered to the public in general in our political system ?
One might say it's all a stitch up, and in my more pessimistic mood, can see the day when all decisions are taken by the dark rise of semantic computer software. Ho hum.

We are now in the age of the keyboard warrior! Don't agree with me? Ok, I'll belittle and insult you from behind my keyboard!

Anyhow, 36% of the electorate have spoken.

Can you Brexiters please just get on with it.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 11:20 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Just be honest and admit that all of your hundreds of Brexit posts are about how your personal employment situation may change as a Brit in Germany.

Yes, my anti Brexit views are of course mostly to do with my personal situation.

Ok, here we go!

I have a young daughter here. I don't live with her mother, we weren't married. My daughter is with me every other weekend (and more in the school holidays).

What will my rights be post Brexit? Will I be able to stay here or will I have to leave???

Please tell me.

There you go again Moist, asking a question that we as supporters of leaving the eu cannot answer. If you want to know the answer then email Gove or Johnson.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 11:22 am

...or Merkel.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 11:22 am

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 11:23 am

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 11:25 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
There you go again Moist, asking a question that we as supporters of leaving the eu cannot answer. If you want to know the answer then email Gove or Johnson.

Les Miserable wrote:
...or Merkel.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

What questions can you "supporters of leaving" answer????
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 11:29 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Les Miserable wrote:
...or Merkel.

lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!

Anything that doesn't involve wild speculation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 11:34 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Les Miserable wrote:
...or Merkel.

lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!

Anything that doesn't involve wild speculation Very Happy

Basically, none then!

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 11:39 am

Moist, your daughter could use Article 8 of the Human Rights Act to argue that your removal from Germany would deny her the right to a family life. You could use the same argument as well.

Under EEA regs you could qualify for a family permit as she is dependent on you.

I am not sure how it would work in Germany, but in the UK a non EU national can qualify for permanent residency after living in the country legally for 5 years. I would imagine that future Brexit related immigration policy would follow the same lines.

Your employer should be able to obtain a work permit for you without too much difficulty.

I doubt anything will change but even if the worst case possible scenario happened the legal avenues for you (or anyone in a similar situation) would clog up the system for years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 11:42 am

I've spilled my guts out to various mates and colleagues why i intended to vote out, now I've done exactly that and have no regrets, now we have the result and democracy has spoken, pointless arguing about it as its now time to move on and get the best out of it.

Christ whenever a Tory government gets power it makes my teeth itch, but it's a democratic vote and we have to get on with it, so all of us have thrown our toys out, time to come together now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 11:42 am

As a team of moderators we've noticed that this post has descended from impassioned debate into insult flinging. After some discussion and advice from former admin we are going to lock this thread from 1800 tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Moist, your daughter could use Article 8 of the Human Rights Act to argue that your removal from Germany would deny her the right to a family life. You could use the same argument as well.

Under EEA regs you could qualify for a family permit as she is dependent on you.

I am not sure how it would work in Germany, but in the UK a non EU national can qualify for permanent residency after living in the country legally for 5 years. I would imagine that future Brexit related immigration policy would follow the same lines.

Your employer should be able to obtain a work permit for you without too much difficulty.

I doubt anything will change but even if the worst case possible scenario happened the legal avenues for you (or anyone in a similar situation) would clog up the system for years.

Thanks Frank. I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
As a team of moderators we've noticed that this post has descended from impassioned debate into insult flinging. After some discussion and advice from former admin we are going to lock this thread from 1800 tomorrow.

Does that mean the insult flinging can continue on the other threads?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 1:00 pm

No doubt it will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Why don't you just roll over and die right now?

What nice people you Brexiters are!!!!!

He's one of 17.5 million Brexiters, they are not all the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next