Dougie
AstiSpumante
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Your worst Argyle memory - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your worst Argyle memory   Your worst Argyle memory - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 1:53 am

Seen some shite down the years. Went back to carlisle after the burnly defeat in 98, last song in the malt shovel was.......what becomes of the broken hearted. Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Your worst Argyle memory   Your worst Argyle memory - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 6:39 am

Driving 65 miles from South Molton, only to find the match was off. Got back at ten-o-clock after fish and chips at Tavy.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Your worst Argyle memory   Your worst Argyle memory - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 1:45 pm

Difficult one this, sooo much disappointment but what really knocked me for six? Because of all the disappointments these events are actually quite rare, as we expect disappointment we're totally prepared for it when it strikes.

Wembley should've REALLY hurt but it was such a 'no show' it just left me numb. We couldn't claim any sense of injustice, our team just never turned up and they deserved to win.

The thumping losses I've seen didn't hurt either, for example the situation was so pitiful the 7-0 at Brentford actually ended up being funny.

I guess it comes down to what made me angry and there's only a few of them. Watford away under the NWO just seemed to typify the decay that was to almost prove fatal. Leo Roget's antics at Southend, Kenny Cooper, a 4-3 away defeat to Orient (Guinan/Sale era) where the referee won it for them and the day Luggy v1.0 left for Saints. If I had to pick one though, probably because it came out of a clear blue sky, it would probably be 'that' Dagenham game recently - totally inexcusable.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Your worst Argyle memory   Your worst Argyle memory - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 6:34 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Already been mentioned but has to be the capitulation at Reading in 85/86 season from 3-0 up to lose 4-3 and Gorden Nisbet sent off
Got back to the car to find it had been broken into Sad
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Your worst Argyle memory   Your worst Argyle memory - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 7:37 pm

I've been going to Argyle for years with a particular mate of mine. We go waaaaaaaay back to jumpers for goalposts and all that. I've known him longer than anybody else, family apart - and it won't be long before he beats them, that I can think of.

Anyway years ago he said to me "You know what? There's only one thing that you can rely upon Argyle for and that is that they'll always let you down in the end". How right he was. And still is.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Your worst Argyle memory   Your worst Argyle memory - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 8:07 pm

Five years ago, when we were "saved".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst Argyle memory   Your worst Argyle memory - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 8:14 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst Argyle memory   Your worst Argyle memory - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 8:41 pm

When the Brent lifeboat hoved into view, I was sort of pleased enough, especially as it had a Plymouth Council pilot on board. Then I saw superfans hanging around down in the galley, and thought yeeeeeukkkkkk ! I would rather start afresh and larf at the likes of Todd the barbarian licking his wounds.
Like quite a few, I've been cured of my addiction. by this owner and the internet twerps. Found myself surprisingly totally hooked for the 90 minutes, but as soon as it was all over, I was happy the best team, and the best club, won. Not a great feeling for a losing fan, I grant you, but I'm honest about it. I wouldn't have felt that way 10 years ago.

I've had many ups and downs with Argyle, but despite a lot of time spent giving structure to Saturdays/friends /away weekends etc, one thing it never was to me was THAAAATTTT important, and actually I think there's a bit of bull that goes on.
Any of the false bishops who make it out to be a morality and an excuse for all manner of behaviour  are just that, false, and laughable.  gettalife.
Football has given me quite a lot of adrenalin moments, some tribal identity moments and family memory, but not real deep down stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst Argyle memory   Your worst Argyle memory - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 10:27 pm

That's entertainment (or not in the case of football most of the time) when it's good it's truly memorable, when it's not it's a waste of time and money, but if you treat it as a social occasion then it's still a good laugh. Beats going to the pictures until that rare animal a good film comes along roughly as about as often as Argyle have any success. Believe it or not but I had a great day out in London, the journey home was shite the match was crap but the rest of the day was great. I won't let Brent, the FA or SKY take that away from me, football for me has always been about having a laugh with some mates, if the greens win then great but feck me if we did it for glory we wouldn't be Argo supporters would we?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst Argyle memory   Your worst Argyle memory - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 12:59 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
That's entertainment (or not in the case of football most of the time) when it's good it's truly memorable, when it's not it's a waste of time and money, but if you treat it as a social occasion then it's still a good laugh. Beats going to the pictures until that rare animal a good film comes along roughly as about as often as Argyle have any success. Believe it or not but I had a great day out in London, the journey home was shite the match was crap but the rest of the day was great. I won't let Brent, the FA or SKY take that away from me, football for me has always been about having a laugh with some mates, if the greens win then great but feck me if we did it for glory we wouldn't be Argo supporters would we?

Couldn't have put it better myself.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Your worst Argyle memory   Your worst Argyle memory - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 11:11 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Five years ago, when we were "saved".
lol!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Your worst Argyle memory   Your worst Argyle memory - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

Yeah, prior to the match, it was good. I agree that the journey home was deflating.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your worst Argyle memory   Your worst Argyle memory - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your worst Argyle memory
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2