22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

He is back Empty
PostSubject: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Plymouth Argyle president says Derek Adams has restored pride to Green Army

Plymouth Argyle president says Derek Adams has restored pride to Green Army

PLYMOUTH Argyle club president Chris Webb has written an emotional letter of tribute to manager Derek Adams ahead of Thursday's play-off semi-final first leg.

Chris Webb, a fan of 30 years who fills the honorary position, says Adams has brought pride back to the Green Army, despite a season in which automatic promotion looked almost certain at one stage.

Webb says Adams has helped foster an important bond between the coaching and playing staff and the fans, and encouraged the most exciting, expansive football at Home Park 'for years'.

He writes: 'Dear Derek, I wanted to write to you ahead of the Play-Off semi-finals against Portsmouth.

I would not put up any more it just make you sick

Read more: http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plymouth-Argyle-president-says-Derek-Adams/story-
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 8:33 pm

Moved to zoo by me.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 8:39 pm

fan of 30 years yet cant recall any memories of the club in that time beyond 2010.

does he think he is up there with mandela or something for inspiring sports teams
Back to top Go down

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 8:48 pm

tgwu tried to spare you but i thibk everyone should read it as its hard to believe an adult wrote it

i post this video to help set the mood

nelson mandela to the springboks wrote:
Dear Derek, I wanted to write to you ahead of the Play-Off semi-finals against Portsmouth.

I have followed Argyle for over 30 years now and have seen some fantastic players, managers and teams grace our fine city.

I have seen Championship football, cup runs, promotions, players and managers that have gone onto the Premier League and of course – the devastation of plunging into administration.

For me though, you stand above all these individuals because you have given our club and the supporters back something that money cannot buy – pride.

We are proud to have you as our managers and proud of the team that you have assembled.

This team are playing some of the most attractive and expansive football seen at Home Park for years.

The bond between the players, management and supporters is evident at the end of every match.

The end to our season was not what many wanted but now we have an amazing opportunity to win promotion in the most spectacular fashion, at Wembley.

My message to you is simple – thank you.

You will have heard the dreaded word 'potential' a lot during your short period with Argyle but you are on the brink of unleashing it.

When the players take to the field on Thursday there will not be just 2,500 behind the goal.

There will be tens of thousands across the globe watching on TV, listening on the radio and finding the craziest ways possible to get updates.

You go there representing a club, a city, a region – the Janner Nation.

Yes, Portsmouth are a big club with a fantastic supporter base but I give you this absolute pledge – they will be no match whatsoever for the Green Army home or away.

That coupled with the ability of the team that represents Argyle will, I believe, see us through to Wembley.

From a boy who stood in the Lyndhurst who now bursts with pride at being the president, walk out onto that pitch feeling 10 feet tall because that is how, thanks to you and the players, every single Pilgrim will feel in that away end.

Finally, attached to this letter are a few messages from Argyle fans around the world.

I hope they demonstrate how much the club means to so many. Your club, our club. The club. Derek – make us dream!'
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 8:49 pm

I don't get how you can have a self imposed internet exile yet still read the same places you're having an exile from?

Surely if it's an exile then you stay well away?

To be fair though, it is something the club president should be doing. It's just pretty cringeworthy.
Back to top Go down

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 8:58 pm

Yea Man wrote:
I don't get how you can have a self imposed internet exile yet still read the same places you're having an exile from?

Surely if it's an exile then you stay well away?

To be fair though, it is something the club president should be doing.  It's just pretty cringeworthy.

I agree that this is something trival that he could have posted in the paper that his role calls for. I just like to ask where was he all season when the media wasnt in town?
Back to top Go down

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 9:05 pm

Did he write a similar letter to John Sheridan who led us to the play offs last year?
Back to top Go down

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 9:31 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Did he write a similar letter to John Sheridan who led us to the play offs last year?

he wrote a tribute when he left i believe
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 9:34 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
No dont think so, can we have an elected President rather than one imposed on the club by the owner?
Back to top Go down

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 9:39 pm

Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

He drank a pint of Tribute more like. afro
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 9:45 pm

Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

He set up an entire twitter account in tribute to him.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 9:49 pm

Dear Derek

It's been a while since I last wrote to you but there hasn't been a bandwagon along for me to jump on for some time (that's all down to Tory cuts of course - when I say Tories I obviously exclude that lovely man Johnny Mercer as him paying for the work I did for him meant that me and my other half could have an eyebrow raising hol in magaluf and us both being able to enjoy a weekly beard wax)

You weren't around when I ran my hugely successful campaign to get Argyle fans to sing the Pompey chimes but I hope to get the Green Army to do the same againover both legs to cheer the boys (and their lovely lovely wives and girlfriends) to victory

I offer you full use of me and my soapbox to help motivate the legs before kickoff. I would like to rouse* their spirits by quoting from the CWU media guidelines handbook which I recently wrote and singing my version of the Janner Song while playing with my didgeridoo (and you know what Donald Trump says about men with large didgeridoo's) (*and when I say rouse I of course mean arouse the boys and their partners by wearing my post office issued shorts)

As you know Derek I've been watching Argyle on and off but mostly off since 1875 and at last the club had a president worthy of the team. Anyone that says it means I'm strictly 2nd division will have the whole of my Pasoti multis to deal with.

I could go on but I'm a little busy drraming and scheming about how I get around the hole I dug for myself when I said I would never share the directors box with Wrathall. Of course the other half is demanding I get out of that promise in case we get to Wembley and we want to take in the full corporate experience.

Yours creepily

El Presidente
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 9:54 pm

Classic as always, Dougie. cheers
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 10:49 pm

Cant he just ring him up and save us from his drivel.
Back to top Go down

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyWed May 11, 2016 11:29 pm

I couldn't bear to read it.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyThu May 12, 2016 12:31 am

Dougie wrote:
Dear Derek

It's been a while since I last wrote to you but there hasn't been a bandwagon along for me to jump on for some time (that's all down to Tory cuts of course - when I say Tories I obviously exclude that lovely man Johnny Mercer as him paying for the work I did for him meant that me and my other half could have an eyebrow raising hol in magaluf and us both being able to enjoy a weekly beard wax)

You weren't around when I ran my hugely successful campaign to get Argyle fans to sing the Pompey chimes but I hope to get the Green Army to do the same againover both legs to cheer the boys (and their lovely lovely wives and girlfriends) to victory

I offer you full use of me and my soapbox to help motivate the legs before kickoff.  I would like to rouse* their spirits by quoting from the CWU media guidelines handbook which I recently wrote and singing my version of the Janner Song while playing with my didgeridoo (and you know what Donald Trump says about men with large didgeridoo's) (*and when I say rouse I of course mean arouse the boys and their partners by wearing my post office issued shorts)

As you know Derek I've been watching Argyle on and off but mostly off since 1875 and at last the club had a president worthy of the team. Anyone that says it means I'm strictly 2nd division will have the whole of my Pasoti multis to deal with.

I could go on but I'm a little busy drraming and scheming about how I get around the hole I dug for myself when I said I would never share the directors box with Wrathall.  Of course the other half is demanding I get out of that promise in case we get to Wembley and we want to take in the full corporate experience.

Yours creepily

El Presidente
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyThu May 12, 2016 5:22 am

Derek Adams stands above any individual in the past 30 years. What an arse.

Modern day arse-licking with no perspective. He's a fackin legend, legend he is, proper legend. Got us to 5th in league two you know.

Prick.

Just in terms of managers Dave Smith, Paul Sturrock and Holloway did far more than Adams has done to date.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyThu May 12, 2016 6:21 am

Above even James?

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyThu May 12, 2016 6:56 am

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyThu May 12, 2016 7:22 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Derek Adams stands above any individual in the past 30 years. What an arse.

Modern day arse-licking with no perspective. He's a fackin legend, legend he is, proper legend. Got us to 5th in league two you know.

Prick.

Just in terms of managers Dave Smith, Paul Sturrock and Holloway did far more than Adams has done to date.

Add Tony Pulis to that list too - kept us in the Championship

Shez (also completely despite brent) got us to the play-offs too. All he got was a fake twitter account for his efforts.

One day brent, webb et al will be gone and I can go back to properly supporting Argo again.

Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyThu May 12, 2016 7:34 am

This is surely a spoof as to believe it you'd have to be unhinged.

i actually feel embarrassed for him.

You'd expect his wife to even tell him it's nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyThu May 12, 2016 7:54 am

or someone else's wife?
Back to top Go down

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyThu May 12, 2016 7:56 am

It aint even been put on PASOTI.
Back to top Go down

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyThu May 12, 2016 7:59 am

A fan for thirty years? The only way that could be true is if he were a Golden Retriever.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back EmptyThu May 12, 2016 8:08 am

On reflection, why didn't the Herald not say it's ever so slightly over the top.

The only bit missing is 'never in the field of football has so much been owed by so many to so few'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

He is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back Empty

Back to top Go down

He is back
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next