22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

He is back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 7:18 pm

Clydefrog wrote:
https://twitter.com/chris_webb1/status/735878461240156160

FFS that is going to be cringeworthy and a display to suit one person only - Mr Webb.

He's a poor mans Alan Pardew - only interested in himself and the narrative of the day suiting him and not the other way around.

Come to think of it he has shagging other people's wives also in common with Mr Pardew.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 7:34 pm

The Webb is Jimmy's prez,no one other than Jimmy and his Jester wanted him. jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 7:41 pm

I sure it will be another diatribe of bollocks
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 7:46 pm

chris wants suggestions for what he should say when he address's the green army. How about I resign
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 7:48 pm

He didnt seem to appreciate a comment regarding Pursey . Blocked now Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 8:02 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
chris wants suggestions for what he should say when he address's the green army. How about I resign

i guess he ould tell the truth

"im only here to cash in on this, see next year if we are doing well"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 8:03 pm

Graiser wrote:
what's the format here, do we bow or tug our forelock, with a moment such as this I just want to get it right
A chorus of 'There's only one Darren Purse' just as he starts speaking would seem to be the obvious way to go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 8:05 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
'I'll be looking after the players' wives while the game is in progress'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 8:28 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Graiser wrote:
what's the format here, do we bow or tug our forelock, with a moment such as this I just want to get it right
A chorus of 'There's only one Darren Purse' just as he starts speaking would seem to be the obvious way to go.

Wish I'd thought of that
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 10:20 pm

I shall now be entering the stadium at 2.45.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 11:31 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Graiser wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 6:00 am

I've been to a few games at Wembley recently and over the past year it has become part of the build up to give each club 10 minutes with their usual announcer to help build the atmosphere followed by a club anthem. They normally thank the supporters, read the teams out and basically get them waving their flags.

At no stage, with any club, have I heard anyone else bar the normal pitch side announcer.

What do you reckon? Did our guy approach Chris or was it suggested to him that it might be a good idea?

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 6:27 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
I've been to a few games at Wembley recently and over the past year it has become part of the build up to give each club 10 minutes with their usual announcer to help build the atmosphere followed by a club anthem. They normally thank the supporters, read the teams out and basically get them waving their flags.

At no stage, with any club, have I heard anyone else bar the normal pitch side announcer.

What do you reckon? Did our guy approach Chris or was it suggested to him that it might be a good idea?

ARGYLE’S regular match announcer Andy Ballantyne will be making his Wembley debut in Monday’s Sky Bet League 2 Play-Off Final.
The life-long Pilgrims’ fan will update the club's fans on any late news for the promotion-or-bust encounter with AFC Wimbledon, go through the Argyle team line-up, and offer some final words of encouragement for Derek Adams’ men.

The six-minute segment is a way of building the atmosphere ahead of kick-off for Argyle’s big day out and hopefully the familiar local link with the Pilgrims will get the Green Army and Wembley Stadium rocking.

Read more at http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/r-u-ready-andy-is-3123533.aspx#2A05U6eim8qGtGSe.99
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 6:49 am

I saw that TG and it's a nice touch and always goes down well. All I'm saying is that I've never seen the announcer then pass the microphone to another club representative to address the fans. I wonder who had the idea to bring on The The Chris Webb?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 6:55 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

I think we all know the answer to that one Dick.  Laughing
I'm really glad I'm not going now. You can't say you haven't been warned. Tringy will go ballistic.  lol!
I remember being offended one game on armed forces day at Home Park. No problem with the services doing their usual thing, it is Plymouth after all, but I really took exception to the new idea under Toddy I think of their chaplain coming on to the pitch with no warning to recite their christian lord's prayer. If I want that sort of cult thing I can go to a church. Haven't attended an armed forces game since because of it. It was like a bad dream, waking up in a time wharp back in the 1960s.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 8:12 am

ve had early sight of his message (with side notes)

Dear Forza Verde, Players Wife and Girlfriends (make sure I'm standing with legs apart thrusting forward from the groin)

Welcome to Wembury - I mean Wembley (the thick locals will love that one - Josh Widdecombe would be proud - make sure I grin my best winning grin so everyone knows its a joke)

We all know we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my motivational speeches that Derek insist I give the team before every game (allow for applause and fans singing 'there is only one The Chris Webb'). And lets not forget that during administration I stood next to the electric meter feeding it with 10p's from my own back pocket and so I singlehandedly and literally didn't let the lights go out at Home Park (allow time for shot of me standing next to Tom Daley and a gold electricity meter to be shown of the big screen - hope the guys and girls in the crowd like effort I went to to squeeze into a pair of Tom's budgie smugglers for the photoshoot)

As you all know I am Argyle's longest serving fan and have been a face on the terraces since mid 2011 (big screen shows shot of me ejecting longserving fans from there seats on the Devonport End surrounded by kids from the forza verde preschool)

I know you some of you have made the long trip here from all parts of the globe and I myself have travelled all the way from Windsor and would love just to soak up the atmosphere without hearing from me. But listen - you don't think I'm going to pass up this career enhancing (wave to CWU executive board in the royal box that I got tickets for) once in a lifetime opportunity do you - that would go against everything I've done so far for the greater good of me.

Please before the players come onto the pitch and before I go to meet Tony Wrathall (never say never) and the rest of the board in hospitality being served by minimum wage lackeys join me in a rousing rendition of the greatest of greates Argyle songs 'We'll keep the red flag flying here' (be sure to apologise to Johnny Mercer for that one - don't what the next cheque to go missing in the post - not that anything like that happens due those fine posteys working an 80 hour week whilst I'm swanning round the country on expenses)

Yours forever green (unless I can get comps for a Tottenham game or something)

(pause - look round the stadium as men women and children cry with unbridled emotion into their Argyle/The The Chris Webb half and half scarves)
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 8:24 am

Dougie - one of your finest hours laugh laugh laugh laugh lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 8:34 am

I just wasted a mouthful of tea reading that lol!
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 8:35 am

Homeslice wrote:
Graiser wrote:

That wouldn't be too hard to get going. Most of the stadium will be full of people who wouldn't know what our normal chants are, let alone the player names.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 9:27 am

Yea Man wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
Graiser wrote:

That wouldn't be too hard to get going. Most of the stadium will be full of people who wouldn't know what our normal chants are,  let alone the player names.
I'm sure the group I'm with (Educated W***ers one and all) will help get it started...
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 10:13 am

Take a bow, Dougie. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 10:47 am

All together now,
"feck off Chris Webb, Chris Webb feck off!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 11:54 am

Classic, nice one Dougie...Geddon bhey
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 12:00 pm

Nice t-shirt Al.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 12:11 pm

Top effort from Dougie Laughing

We all know Webb's a self serving opportunist but this really is cringe making. 'I will address the green army'. Who the feck does he think he is?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He is back   He is back - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

He is back
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next