Freathy
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 6:21 pm

We needed boateng to score at the death to raise morale.
Hartley looks to be struggling boateng doesnt look match fit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 6:34 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Maybe Brunt getting injured and no contract offered creating squad unrest ?   who knows really

There MUST be an amount of disquiet with the way they're being treated. I would be absolutely fuming after the squad had proved itself.
Roobs still injured Laughing Oh where oh where is EJH when you want to take the rise out of him.
I'm thinking of throwing a sickie next week too, looking at the weather. Summer is a cummin'. flower
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 6:34 pm

Managed to get a tky stub despite sfeward saying i couldnt have it !
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 6:37 pm

Elias wrote:
Managed to get a tky stub despite sfeward saying i couldnt have it !

cheers jocolor Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 6:49 pm

the farm tonight for normal fans (39 seconds in)
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 9:07 pm

Ah well, there's always next season. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun May 01, 2016 11:29 am

from link

from the link wrote:

DEREK ADAMS has credited his Plymouth Argyle players for giving it their all in the pursuit of automatic promotion this season.

However, it will be the League Two play-offs for the Pilgrims, with Portsmouth to be their opponents in one of the semi-finals.

Argyle topped the table at Christmas but they have not had the consistency of their promotion rivals over the second half of the season.

They dropped to sixth position after the 2-2 draw away to Cambridge United on Saturday and Portsmouth won 2-0 at Hartlepool United.

Adams said: "We have given it our best efforts. We have got a limited squad, and everybody knows that, but they have given us every single ounce they have got."

Argyle are guaranteed to finish at least one position higher than last term and already have six more points than they did then.

So Adams took some consolation from that as the play-offs start to loom large at the end of his first season as manager.

He said: "When I came to the football club I said I would try to improve things, and I have done that.

"We have played entertaining football and been able to get to 78 points already.

"We have had the most away wins (in a season) for a long time and we have picked up good victories.

"But there are a lot of good teams in this league and it has been difficult."

Argyle top scorer Jake Jervis battles for the ball with Cambridge defender Leon Legge

The game against Cambridge saw Argyle open the scoring in the 71st minute with a fine finish from on-loan Fleetwood Town striker Jamille Matt.

Yet, the Pilgrims' recent inability to hold onto leads late in away games resurfaced again.

As at Accrington Stanley and Exeter City, they conceded twice in the closing stages and seemed set for defeat.

That was until midfielder Graham Carey popped up with his 12th goal of the season.

It came in the second minute of stoppage time with an excellent shot from outside the penalty area, but the game still highlighted some of Argyle's deficiencies.

"We haven't defended well enough," said Adams. "If we had defended well enough we would be automatically up, there is no doubt about it.

"If we had taken our chances we would be automatically up, but that's the nature of football. We can all say this and that but that's where we are."

Adams did not believe he would need to raise the spirits of his players, despite the disappointment of missing out on a top three finish.

He said: "I don't have to pick them up. We have been in the automatic positions because we have done well this season.

"We just haven't probably had enough players to get us over the line throughout the season."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5