Czarcasm
Freathy
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread Empty
PostSubject: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 2:02 am

Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle

Man in the middle TREVOR KETTLE     Games: 29  YELLOWS 102  REDS 10

Assisted by Robert Massey-Ellis and Adrian Waters

Fourth Official David Avent

Argyle News

A must win game

Derek Adams, while a realist, shuns the possibility when hearing the words “play-offs” in passing conversation.  The atmosphere around Home Park is ruthless and calculated compared to previous hopes and dreams - the players, staff and manager know what they want and they know how to get it.

Albeit via a setback in losing to Dagenham & Redbridge, Argyle’s task has been simplified. Nothing else but two wins will do for Argyle as they seek to get out of Sky Bet League 2.

The manager knows what to expect. Saturday’s opponents Cambridge have been given a lifeline with results going their way between Portsmouth and Wimbledon, creating a slim chance of a playoff spot We must win on Saturday, there is no two ways about it,

Carl McHugh and Reuben Reid are both in a race against time to return for the fifth-placed Pilgrims.
The pair missed last weekend's 3-2 home defeat to relegated Dagenham & Redbridge after being forced off in the previous game at Leyton Orient.

McHugh has a hamstring injury, Reid a thigh problem, and Plymouth boss Derek Adams admits he is unsure whether they will be fit for the crunch game.

Craig Tanner and Jordan Forster could both return to the startling line-up as Adams considers changes following the shock defeat to the Daggers which lengthened their odds of an automatic promotion spot

Betting tip for 5th place Plymouth

Plymouth have won 50%, drawn 25% and lost 25% of their last 20 away games.

In their last 20 away games against teams positioned in the top half of the table, Plymouth have won 7, drawn 5 and lost 8 of these matches.

In their last 20 away games against teams positioned below them in the table, Plymouth have won 10, drawn 5 and lost 5 of these matches.

Cambridge  News

Team news ahead of Saturday's Sky Bet League 2 clash between Cambridge and Plymouth Argyle.
Cambridge boss Shaun Derry is likely to stick with a winning formula when Plymouth travel to the Abbey Stadium for their League Two clash on Saturday.

The U's are on a six-game unbeaten run and still have an outside chance of making the play-offs, currently sitting five points behind Wimbledon in seventh with just two games remaining.

Injury list

Leon Legge could return but Barry Corr (knee), Greg Taylor (ankle) and Conor Newton (hamstring) will not play again this season while respective leg injuries could once again keep Ryan Haynes  on the sidelines.

A bumper crowd is expected for the tussle as the two sides battle it out at the business end of the season, and Shaun Derry’s side will need the Amber Army out in force once more.

Following back-to-back wins and an unbeaten run that now stretches six games, the U's are in fine form as return to home soil against the high flying Pilgrims.

Cambridge United are delighted to announce a new stadium naming rights partnership with Cambs Glass Ltd in a significant financial agreement.  

From the beginning of the 2016/17 Football League season, the U's will play all of their home fixtures at the newly named Cambs Glass Stadium.

Betting tip for 8th place Cambridge Utd

Cambridge Utd have won 45%, drawn 25% and lost 30% of their last 20 home games.
In their last 20 home games against teams positioned in the top half of the table, Cambridge Utd have won 3, drawn 7 and lost 10 of these matches.

In their last 20 home games against teams positioned above them in the table, Cambridge Utd have won 3, drawn 8 and lost 9 of these matches.

Last edited by Tgwu on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 7:14 am

I shall be attending but I cannot say I am looking forward to it. A short trip up the A14.

Seat 42, about half way up. Looking forward to seeing the GiddyIans.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 7:21 am

4-nil to Cambridge for me
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:12 am

This time we REALLY haven't got a chance.  Free scoring cambridge will be able to fire at will and we could be in for a very serious mullering.  Thanks to brent the result is of course now irrelevant in terms of season outcome but still a very heavy defeat following on from the Daggers debacle means going into the play-offs in a very bad place.  Any Argo fan going to this horror show has my sincerest condolences - unless you're a brentophile then you get everything you reserve.

Cambridge Utd 7-0 Argo.........if we're lucky

BRENT OUT

Last edited by Freathy on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:14 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:30 am

Freathy wrote:
This time we REALLY haven't got a chance.  Free scoring cambridge will be able to fire at will and we could be in for a very serious mullering.  Thanks to brent the result is of course now irrelevant in terms of season outcome but still a very heavy defeat following on from the Daggers debacle means going into the play-offs in a very bad place.  Any Argo fan going to this horror show has my sincerest condolences - unless you're a brentophile then you get everything you reserve.

Cambridge Utd 7-0 Argo.........if we're lucky

BRENT OUT

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 9:25 am

Off to Paradise Park with the family instead. afro

Attendance next week depends on whether or not the DRF get an invitation to go on the pitch popcorn
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 9:31 am

Unreserved seating frank. I ll be there. Unless wembley calls last time i will be at a game this season . Probably jocolor

Last edited by Elias on Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : try to make sense)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 11:16 am

Seems like quite a few of us wont be bothering next season. Quite sad really. BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 12:57 pm

I meant fo add.....this season
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 4:40 pm

CAMBRIDGE TICKET UPDATE: Tickets now on sale to Green Army SATURDAY, 9.30am-noon - by BY PHONE ONLY 01223 566500
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 4:49 pm

Elias wrote:
Unreserved seating frank. I ll be there. Unless wembley calls last time i l jocolor l be at a game. Probably

Oh yeah I just noticed. I am sure the GiddyIans will be able to find me if they want.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 5:15 pm

Will be interesting how many Argyle fans are actually there, compared to how many tickets were sold. Quite a few people I know bought tickets prior to the D & R debacle, in the hope that if results went our way the Cambridge game could have seen us promoted (don't laugh Freathy Laughing )

The majority of them aren't bothering to go now.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 6:00 pm

Straight forward three nil victory for Cambridge secures our spot in the playoffs, Jimmy's delighted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 6:51 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Seems like quite a few of us wont be bothering next season.  Quite sad really. BRENT OUT

Don't worry Al, grieving pootles along quite nicely when there's an after life out there full of dripping fruit and decent pasties at a decent price.
You can always jump back down to earth for the odd visit when Brent and his apologists sling their hook. It's only a football club, not a belief system. And if the new skirts take your fancy, who knows.

Last edited by Lord Biro on Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 6:55 pm

I will take a 2-0 win and hope, but it is the Play-Offs and ultimate failure again.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 7:08 pm

Yep not for me after last weeks fiasco i wont be going so its Radio Devon listerning to dumb & dumber i suppose
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 7:11 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Yep not for me after last weeks fiasco i wont be going so its Radio Devon listerning to dumb & dumber i suppose

Good call save your money, see you next season laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 7:35 pm

Foxy wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

thats more than likely dear vixen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 7:54 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Foxy wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

At least you've got a playoff place Reg anything can happen bud. We're stuck with Tisstale and Taggy! Thank Fook we ain't got the fat controller. All the best in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:02 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Off to Paradise Park with the family instead. afro

Attendance next week depends on whether or not the DRF get an invitation to go on the pitch popcorn
When was Sid James re-named? Laughing
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Foxy wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Foxy wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

At least you've got a playoff place Reg anything can happen bud. We're stuck with Tisstale and Taggy! Thank Fook we ain't got the fat controller.      All the best in the playoffs.
cheers vixen Thumbs i swap you a brentmare & a plebby for a tisstale & a taggy anyday laugh
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:19 pm

No Thanks you can keep the Cnuts, I'd smack both the wankers, P.S I'm not a violent man cherry Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:48 pm

SING A LONG

here is freathy telling avivas the turth

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:59 pm

Keeping to the thread

From Cambrigde, A bumper crowd is expected this weekend with all areas of the ground close to capacity. U’s fans are urged to purchase their tickets as soon as possible by buying online or from the ticket office
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle match day thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next