Les Miserable
akagreengull
Tgwu
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 9:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Man, in the middle Michael Salisbury
he has shown 39 yellow cards and seven reds in 16 games
Assisted by Dan Cook and Stephen Brown
Fourth official is Oliver Brown

Cambridge United news

Colin Calderwood believes that Cambridge United are at the “bottom end” of where they expected to be this season.
Despite a relatively poor run of form, the U’s remain just seven points outside the play-offs ahead of this weekend’s match against Plymouth.
After a slow start, Ryan Lowe’s side, which includes five of his former Bury FC players, is one of the form teams in League Two, having won four of their previous five outings.
And Calderwood said taking points from a team five places above them in the standings could help push them towards the play-offs ahead of the Christmas period.
“You can imagine [Plymouth needed] that little bit of settling in time [after relegation],” Calderwood said.
“There’s a number of players that obviously came from Bury and are down there. It’s no surprise that the club is edging towards the top at the minute and seem to be leading the way. Plymouth probably the ones that everyone had picked out for a promotion
“We’ve got a tough test on our hands. It’s a team in good form against a team who everyone says are not in good form. Hopefully, Plymouth will find a team in good spirits and aggressively trying to win the game.”
On their current 13th place, Calderwood added: “I think it’s at the bottom of where we think we want to be and could be.
“We have to win to keep the gap between ourselves and the bottom of the play-off teams as close as possible.
“Because Plymouth is above us, there’s an advantage in doing it to them.”

Cambridge United planned new stadium

Cambridge United injuries news

The former Sheffield United midfield Samir Carruthers will play some part in Cambridge United’s match against Plymouth, Colin Calderwood confirmed.
Another player who is feeling the consequences of playing too many games is George Taft, who had to be replaced during the Carlisle game due to a calf problem that he hasn’t been able to shake. He will miss this weekend,
His defensive partner Leon Davies won’t feature after picking up a knock on his knee during the defeat to Walsall but will play in a behind-closed-doors game against MK Dons next Tuesday.
There are also problems at the other end of the pitch, with Marc Richards unavailable due to a knee problem, which he received further treatment for this week.
Leading goal scorer Sam Smith, who has been playing through a groin niggle for the past few weeks. Sam has carried a little bit of a groin problem for three, four weeks. He’s always managed to get to a Saturday though. With the break, we felt it was time for him to come out of training and settle it down in the best way possible as you’re not missing any game action. He will train today, and we’ll see how he feels, but always with a caution in my head about pushing him too far.

Argyle news

The Pilgrims have been in imperious form of late; earning back-to-back wins against sides who, at the time, were among the automatic promotion spots, in Forest Green and Bradford, and Antoni Sarcevic’s late penalty at League One Bristol Rovers kept us in with a shout of progressing to the Emirates FA Cup third round.
“I think the run of form we’re in at the minute, we’re just trying to carry that into each game and play as well as we can,” said Alex. “If we play to the best of our ability, then we know were going to get results. “
“We know that Cambridge away from home will be a tough game, but we also know that if we play as well as we can, we can get a result. I played them last year when I made my debut for Oldham. They are a good team and have good players, but it is about us.”
Alex, being the last line of defence, has been particularly pleased with what he has seen in front of him in recent weeks, having conceded just twice, and one of those was from his own player during the Bradford win.
“It [the defence] has been really good in the last couple of weeks,” he said. “We have been putting in some good displays and defensively we’ve been pretty solid, that is testament to how well we’ve been playing.
“This is the kind of football we play and we were always going to take time to gel and make connections with each other as well. It was only a matter of time before we would gel.

Former Liverpool and England under-21s head physio Dave Galley has been brought in to work for Plymouth Argyle.
It follows the departure of the long-serving Paul Atkinson, who had two spells at Home Park.

Argyle injuries news

Just two are injured, Callum McFadzean was training with the rest of the Plymouth Argyle squad today in a bid to prove his fitness for the League Two trip to Cambridge United on Saturday.
Confirmation that defender Will Aimson would continue to be side lined after the recurrence of a pelvic problem. Schumacher added: “Will won’t be ready for the weekend

2 - nil Argyle win
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 9:51 am

Lets hoping we are firmly in the playoffs by 5pm tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 10:11 am

Easy win. Cambridge 1 Argo 3
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 2:49 pm

Going to this one with an early start on the train and a London changeover via underground.

I guess Nools abstanation means that the speccy banker will not be polluting the air with his prescence on this occaision.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 3:52 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Going to this one with an early start on the train and a London changeover via underground.

I guess Nools abstanation means that the speccy banker will not be polluting the air with his prescence on this occaision.
chauffeur and general arselicking not needed by Lord James of Bollox Hall for this one pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 4:09 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

chauffeur and general arselicking not needed by Lord James of Bollox Hall for this one pig

Or Wrathall. I am assuming the Board Noob has thus far not succumbed to Nools leg shagging
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 6:32 pm

Very difficult one. Think we'll lose 2-0.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 8:38 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Or Wrathall. I am assuming the Board Noob has thus far not succumbed to Nools leg shagging

Brent not going?
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 9:53 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Give it time.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 1:52 pm

NO porky but Mr Hallett is there

Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 1:57 pm

Tgwu wrote:
NO porky but Mr Hallett is there

He'll be busy in the slop bucket in the hot fork.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 3:25 pm

1 down. Normal service has been resumed.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 3:53 pm

I reckon RL is brandishing the hairdryer in the dressing room, clearly Cambridge are no great shakes, I reckon some early subs in the 2nd half, I still feel optimistic at getting something out of the game.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 4:23 pm

Jeez we're shite. Being totally out played by piss poor Cambridge. This is nowhere near good enough Lowe.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 4:26 pm

Well I was feeling optimistic, but as the game progresses it has a bad day at the office written all over it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 4:36 pm

Shite innit. I thought we would blow them away today.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 4:50 pm

Far too many ultra-shit players and a very ordinary manager. Going to take very big changes this summer if we have any chance of getting out of division 4 within 2 years.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 5:01 pm

That was a shit result, didn't come close to scoring against the mighty Cambridge, and Shitty up to second. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Mayor has been a shocking signing...
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 5:10 pm

I got pilloried over on FreeChat for suggesting he wasn't fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Carey or Lameiras just a couple of games into the season. And apart from that decent strike against Salford I stand by it.

Quite frankly he's a slightly better Chris Clark.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 5:16 pm

Mid table manager with Mid table players, no chance of promotion under Rocket Ryan.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 5:26 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Mid table manager with Mid table players, no chance of promotion under Rocket Ryan.

Could always swap him for the mid table non league manager up the coast sarcasm

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 5:30 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Could always swap him for the mid table non league manager up the coast sarcasm

Would take Johnson all day long over the show pony.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 5:41 pm

Greenlander wrote:
I got pilloried over on FreeChat for suggesting he wasn't fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Carey or Lameiras just a couple of games into the season. And apart from that decent strike against Salford I stand by it.

Quite frankly he's a slightly better Chris Clark.

Not helped by RL talking him up to a level way beyond what he is displaying, Ryan saying he was the best player in L1 and 2, after he signed him. Hmmm! confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 6:36 pm

Taylor scoring 20 goals was a stupid comment too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle    Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle Empty

Back to top Go down

Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next