Elias
Tringreen
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Coxside_Green
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage

The GAS board - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:29 pm

Mr President wrote:
Just a quick one.

Tomorrows meeting is now maxed out in terms of attendees. As advertised admittance was either via named delegates of the various supporters groups or by emailing myself (as many have done).

Closed now so I can give names to the lady on gate 26 for entry. See you all there and there will be an update to supporters following the meeting.

Chris

Actually, Chris, in the interests of openness, could you list the names of the people attending, and the organisations they will be representing , if they are indeed there on behalf of an organisation?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:36 pm

I guess I just want to know what sort of authority the board will have? If they will have any real muscle if decisions are made that don't go down too well. And if they have any authority or veto, how will this be decided upon? With 7 members, would decisions made by Brent be put to the GASB who then get to discuss it and take it to a vote, or will Brent just be making decisions regardless of the GASB feelings?

Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:05 pm

I'm attending Andy, and I think I'm only representing I !

Jon

Edited to add - not that I'm on the Board...... Just attending tomorrow's meeting....
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Actually, Chris, in the interests of openness, could you list the names of the people attending, and the organisations they will be representing , if they are indeed there on behalf of an organisation?

I don't think El Prez does 'open call', you have to PM or email him!

Although he will allow you to post what he says in his reply, Lucky eh?
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:39 pm

Andy/Jon.

If possible, could a question be raised regarding the GASB election? The last I heard, GAS board members would be elected by fans attending a specific home game.

As we all know, Argyle have a very strong away following. It's been 'done to death' as to why this is so, I won't go into it again. So chances are, a significant portion of the Argyle fanbase would not be able to attend the 'election home game' for economic, geographical, familial or the many A.N. Other reasons. I'd suggest the vast majority of these fans care about the club. Why should they be denied the chance to elect representives? Should the election not be conducted in another, more inclusive way?

I've read some stuff on both here and pasoti in the past week or so about us fans being customers. If that's all that we are - and I haven't been to a game all season due to economic, geographical and famillal reasons, so I guess I'm not a customer at the moment - then screw the whole damn thing because I can't be arsed with the Sky Sports Football TM mentaility that's overtaken football.

Sort of related: someone on here - and my apologies, I forget who and on which thread - said that the M7 didn't screw the fans, they screwed the club. The club is the fans.

Anyway, my point is, if the GASB wishes to have any legitimacy then it needs to have the democratic participation of all of us, from the 30-years-a-season-ticket-holder-never-missed-a-game stalwart to the exiled-in-foreign-climes types and would-be-there-on-Saturday-but-can't-because-of-A.N.Other reasons absentees.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:56 pm

Nick,
Yes, absolutely.
It's one of the first things I'm interested in.....
Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:16 pm

The point nick raises about how this is going to be voted on is the tip of the iceberg..........
all the best to those involved!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:24 pm

JonB wrote:
Nick,
Yes, absolutely.
It's one of the first things I'm interested in.....
Jon

Thanks Jon, much appreciated, even though you've clearly got that one covered already!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:40 pm

Nick wrote:
Anyway, my point is, if the GASB wishes to have any legitimacy then it needs to have the democratic participation of all of us, from the 30-years-a-season-ticket-holder-never-missed-a-game stalwart to the exiled-in-foreign-climes types and would-be-there-on-Saturday-but-can't-because-of-A.N.Other reasons absentees.

That's a good point, a genuine concern to many and a serious problem that needs considering.

How would you (or anybody else who might feel strongly about this) suggest that this might be addressed?

My solution would be to handout voting slips on entry to spectators at a game and to send out a voting email to every email address that they have on their database for people who have sponsored anything, bought tickets for away games, season tickets or merchandise. Some people might vote more than once but no system is perfect and the chances are that they would be the ones most affected by the outcome so why not just let them and live with it?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:28 am

SFD, I think I'd start by reintroducing the tiered membership that was a round a few years back, or failing that just introduce a one-tier-for-all club membership scheme full stop. Either way, you'd then have all paid up members eligible to vote, you'd have their personal details and a membership number and from there I guess the election would be reasonably straightforward to carry out - those who can attend the game in person can cast their votes there, and postal ballot provision is made for those who can't.

Is this too simplistic? Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:43 pm

Updates on GASB meeting today, anyone?

Did you get in Andy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Rickler wrote:

Updates on GASB meeting today, anyone?

Did you get in Andy?

I'm in the middle of starting a new thread, there's a lot to report so it may take a little while. I did get in, it was a cordial enough meeting (except for one completely unnecessary jibe chucked in my direction by Graham Clark) but a full report will be up soon, on a fresh thread.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Looking forward to it...

Thanks Andy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The GAS board
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13