Tringreen
Mock Cuncher
Rickler
Chemical Ali
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The Second GAS Board get-together Empty
PostSubject: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:31 pm

All I know is, it's supposed to be this coming Saturday. As yet, no further information forthcoming. Has anyone else heard anything? I'm still interested enough to want to attend, and still happy to put across any points, suggestions or questions that anyone who can't attend might want asking.

I hope the failure to notify people of the details of the meeting is just a general oversight, and not an attempt to control attendance.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:00 pm

I read on pasoti (even though I'm banned, but not on the banned list Laughing ) that JonB and the Trust have raised the same questions (about non-communication about the next meeting). The President said he may get something on the official site, otherwise email him on his personal email.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Nice of him to extend the same invitation to posters on this site...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:24 pm

I think the idea is to keep it among friends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Dunno what you mean Gob. Peter Ryan, Tony Cholwell and Wozzer Bowden are all friends of mine (in real life too!).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Yes Andy but I think there's one or two that wouldn't want you and a few others to have any input.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:34 pm

GOB wrote:
Yes Andy but I think there's one or two that wouldn't want you and a few others to have any input.

affraid jocolor jocolor affraid

They're going to be disappointed, then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I read on pasoti (even though I'm banned, but not on the banned list Laughing ) that JonB and the Trust have raised the same questions (about non-communication about the next meeting). The President said he may get something on the official site, otherwise email him on his personal email.

After the last meeting, we were told there was a desire to involve a wider constituency in these discussions - women and younger supporters were mentioned, and it really should include people who don't use the internet.

Clearly that's all been forgotten, or else there'd be something going into the Herald, at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:26 pm

It hasn't been forgotten by everyone; and it doesn't even have to go in the Herald for an appeal to a wider constituency to happen - posters around the concourses at the ground, a piece in the programme, a mailshot to the much heralded 105, 000 strong database; even a tannoy announcement. It does appear that the widening of the numbers involved isn't necessarily being pursued with the vigour that might have been expected. Strange, given that, as Peggy said, much was made of finding ways to include groups of people who weren't represented at the first meeting.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
.. posters around the concourses at the ground, a piece in the programme, a mailshot to the much heralded 105, 000 strong database; even a tannoy announcement.

I beat you by 13 days Andy --

Rickler wrote:
Has the GasB been 'promoted' in the club programme at all? Were the meetings announced in there etc?
Has anything ever been annouced over the club PA at matches about it? Is there any info on display at HP?

I still fail to see why this 105,000 person (e)mailing list isn't utilised more?

I wrote that on March 1st on the presidential progress thread. Surely Chris Webb read it?

I agree, it might have been too late to get something in the programme for the home game that took place on March 3rd, but were any of the other things done?

Somehow, I just doubt it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:50 pm

Nice one Ricks. And I'm sure that if you and I can come up with those suggestions, then surely it's something that others, far better placed than you or I to get things done, will have thought the same?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:47 pm

As per the other thread, I have heard the meeting is postponed. Not confirmed yet though.

The next weekend home game is I think the 31st March...

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Rickler wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
.. posters around the concourses at the ground, a piece in the programme, a mailshot to the much heralded 105, 000 strong database; even a tannoy announcement.

I beat you by 13 days Andy --
You can beat an egg, but you can NOT beat Rickler!

Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 7:57 am

So it looks like the 6 week time-frame for establishing the GAS Board is in danger of not being met. It does all appear to be a bit half-arsed at the moment. Maybe if The Supreme Leader has a bit too much on his plate to effectively organise it, he could step back and hand on the task to someone with a bit more time on their hands, if it helps move things along.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:18 am

I would have thought that the small issue of avoiding relegation should take priority just now, as the outcome will have a bearing on the future of any fans representation.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 12:49 am

Back to this....

Rickler wrote:
Has the GasB been 'promoted' in the club programme at all? Were the meetings announced in there etc?
Has anything ever been annouced over the club PA at matches about it? Is there any info on display at HP?

I still fail to see why this 105,000 person (e)mailing list isn't utilised more?

Andy_Symons wrote:

So.....

Was there anything promoting the GasB meeting at HP yesterday?

The club programme?
A tannoy announcement?
Posters up around the ground?

Anything at all?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:34 am

There was nothing on the walls around the concourse. Plenty of advertising for last year's train trip to the Cheltenham away game, and the Christmas 2011 run of Mama Mia in that London though.

No tannoy announcement either. I didn't get a programme last night, but I suspect there was nothing in it, either. Others may be able to confirm or deny it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:03 am

The only thing the Herald should be printing is the investigation of the mockery this so called GAS thing is becoming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:17 am

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the whole thing quietly shelved in the very near future. Only a very small number of fans know about it; there doesn't appear to have been any attempt at feeding information nback outside of the President's Progress and the updates that I gave on here, which Tony C/H basically copied and pasted to pasoti.

I am beginning to wonder just how serious the new club Board is about supporter engagement. it would be nice if Mr brent were to contact me to arrange a Q&A so these sorts of questions can be put.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:21 am

My comment when the second meeting was postponed along with the announcement that the process was to be truncated was to question whether the club were actually serious about the GASB. It was said that the interim period would allow for wider publicity outside Internetland. There are no more home games before 31st March. That's one avenue of publicity closed. Let's hope there is an enormous drive in the local media.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:42 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
There was nothing on the walls around the concourse. Plenty of advertising for last year's train trip to the Cheltenham away game, and the Christmas 2011 run of Mama Mia in that London though.

No tannoy announcement either. I didn't get a programme last night, but I suspect there was nothing in it, either. Others may be able to confirm or deny it.

Have had a quick flick through last night's programme - nothing I could see.

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:56 am

Quote :
Subject: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:14 am
Hi All

There will be a full update on the OS outlining the next steps in the gasb process over the next few weeks.

Although the next meeting has been put back until 31/3 the work will go on in the background to form a proposed gasb structure by inviting proposals from the supporters groups / individuals that attended the 1st meeting (and others if they want to participate). This will also give time to encourage more female / youth participation using non internet forms forms of communication.

The update on the OS will outline that the meeting on 31/3 will really look to drill down and finalise a structure / role for the gasb.

Apologies for not getting this up yesterday. Had to deal with a delicate issue at work.

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:01 am

Quote :
Keepitgreen wrote:
Quote :
Mr President wrote:
Hi All

There will be a full update on the OS outlining the next steps in the gasb process over the next few weeks.

Although the next meeting has been put back until 31/3 the work will go on in the background to form a proposed gasb structure by inviting proposals from the supporters groups / individuals that attended the 1st meeting (and others if they want to participate). This will also give time to encourage more female / youth participation using non internet forms forms of communication. The update on the OS will outline that the meeting on 31/3 will really look to drill down and finalise a structure / role for the gasb.

Apologies for not getting this up yesterday. Had to deal with a delicate issue at work.

Chris

I think a big feature should be put in the Herald. I feel the process is by passing potentially excellent candidates by not making use of this outlet. As has been said many times over, the internet savvy fans are a fraction of our potential support.

Quote :

One of the reasons for the delay..
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:07 am

GOB wrote:
I think a big feature should be put in the Herald. I feel the process is by passing potentially excellent candidates by not making use of this outlet.

Wasn't that promised or at least used as the reason for the cancellation of the last meeting?

Ok... So what has exactly happened to 'reach out' since the last presidential report?

Do I have to PM you Prez to get an answer - if i do, please PM me!!!

I think the excuse it will be going in the Herald a few days before the meeting so as to be fresh in the memory of those thinking of going, is a pretty weak one if it gets trotted out.

Surely the Herald can do more than one 'piece' in the coming weeks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:47 am

Less than a week to go until this meeting's supposed to happen and still there's been nothing, not even on the internet. At risk of repeating myself, people might need to book travel, make childminding arrangmements or do other things in order to be able to attend. Not to mention that the delay was meant to be in order to publicise the meeting to the under-represented groups like women and young people, which also hasn't happened.

Anyone want to offer me odds on the meeting actually going ahead?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Second GAS Board get-together   The Second GAS Board get-together Empty

Back to top Go down

The Second GAS Board get-together
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next