Elias
Tringreen
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Coxside_Green
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

The GAS board - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:21 pm

seadog wrote:
If as already projected over yonder the vote is only open to season ticket holders and POTD fans, a lot of trust members will be left out.

We know 30% of Trust members are outside Devon and Cornwall. Of course quite a few of those still come to home games. But that's a fair point, and equally true to non-Trust exiles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:22 pm

seadog wrote:
If as already projected over yonder the vote is only open to season ticket holders and POTD fans, a lot of trust members will be left out.
If we're talking about the GAS board, I actually don't have a problem with that. I sometimes wonder what many ex pats are doing voting in our general elections for the Westrminster democracy.
I also have a problem with the fiscal qualification.
If people are not allowed to stand for Westminster without access to a lower finacial limit, then surely we should have a higher fiscal limit, as those people have lots of power already, notwithstanding a parliament.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:27 pm

I would have thought that anyone that has paid to be a Trust member has an interest and should have a vote. This whole concept is looking shambolic at best, possibly designed to sideline the Trust?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:27 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
seadog wrote:
If we're talking about the GAS board, I actually don't have a problem with that. I sometimes wonder what many ex pats are doing voting in our general elections for the Westrminster democracy.

Me too, so I don't (as I choose not to live in the UK).

Like all expats in most countries though, I can vote in the local and european elections but not the national general election!

Argyle is different though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:36 pm

Tim Chown wrote:
seadog wrote:

We know 30% of Trust members are outside Devon and Cornwall. Of course quite a few of those still come to home games. But that's a fair point, and equally true to non-Trust exiles.

And to those of us who are currently fiscally challenged.

It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor etc .....
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:03 pm

Bogsider wrote:
If he's putting Sparksys name up it means he wont be standing and he isn't taking it very seriously.

I would like all Argyle supporters who would like to be on the seven-men/women committee names to be put in a hat and randomly draw; this will stop seats for the boys/girls who have a big fan base on the net/media and give ordinary fans a chance to be heard.

Who needs a manifesto? Sparsky stay on the radio/paper.

The union is for uniting the worker not dividing
Back to top Go down
`rgill

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:12 pm

no janners,jocks or japanese thankyou,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I would like all Argyle supporters who would like to be on the seven-men/women committee names to be put in a hat and randomly draw; this will stop seats for the boys/girls who have a big fan base on the net/media and give ordinary fans a chance to be heard.

You know what, I'm pretty much with you. I think the Trust should have at least two seats, the Supporters' Associations one between them (as proposed) and the remaining three or four should come from individuals who put themselves forward, perhaps with signatures from two others to confirm their identity, and get drawn out of a hat.

As you say, much fairer than letting those with a big internet following have the edge.

And I've yet to see one post, here or elsewhere, giving any reason why the GTs should have any seats at all.

(PS I used to work for the T&G Cool )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Yup I agree, put them in a hat and draw them and yes, why are the GT's in need of representation?
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:56 pm

It would - possibly - interest me....

Anyone else on here??

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:29 pm

If it a turnstile vote, I predict a bumper turnout, of ballots at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:32 pm

JonB wrote:

Anyone else on here??

Jon

Not until I see the final job spec.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:28 pm

I see that Ian doesn't seem all that interested in drawing names from a hat, he must want to go down the election route, strange that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:39 pm

JonB wrote:

Anyone else on here??

Jon

Not for me, I'd support you though...

And in the ATD corner Frank Bullit?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:44 pm

seadog wrote:

And every single 'Exile' will be left out, unless they want to make a pilgrimage home!

Absolutely ridiculous that an 'away' POTD fan would be able to vote, and me a fan since 72 wouldn't!

Let us not forget who "advised" Brent about 'fan' participation - The CP group! No wonder they wouldn't answer any questions about what they recommended. No wonder there are 'places' made available to them.

I suspect Newell will be the GT rep. And you wonder why that little group gets to nominate whoever they want (who are the members anyway?) well it's all really simple. They supply the money to the club, they quite literally 'bought' their way in.

If this is the way the club is to be run, God help us.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Newell won't be part of this, he doesn't need to be. He's already up Brent's arse, so you even if if you could vote you wouldn't be able to vote for someone else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Rickler wrote:

I suspect Newell will be the GT rep. And you wonder why that little group gets to nominate whoever they want (who are the members anyway?) well it's all really simple. They supply the money to the club, they quite literally 'bought' their way in.

Maybe the voting procedure was one of the things up for dicusion when Chris Webb showed James brent how disgusting some Argyle fans are. Maybe that was part of the plan , to ensure only those on the DD datbse get a vote. What of the thousands of fans who pay cash at the turnstiles actually on the day. I hope they will be given voting slips at the gate ( sorry to bring up a sore point with you Ricks jocolor )
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Rickler wrote:
seadog wrote:

And every single 'Exile' will be left out, unless they want to make a pilgrimage home!

Absolutely ridiculous that an 'away' POTD fan would be able to vote, and me a fan since 72 wouldn't!

Let us not forget who "advised" Brent about 'fan' participation - The CP group! No wonder they wouldn't answer any questions about what they recommended. No wonder there are 'places' made available to them.

The Trust has to make some comments on this after the elections. Brent wants us to organise the election for the club. The system for voting may change after various people comment on it.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:28 pm

daz - how much for that programme ???????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:30 pm

I think it needs to be Richard, if there isn't enough bad feeling already I think if it remains as it is those feelings would snowball.

It's all part and parcel though, there has to be the rough before there's the smooth. Power struggles, claims for fame and disharmony etc...it'll get settled eventually and the Trust will be the one that comes out on top.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:44 pm

The "GAS" board.

Very clever Mr B.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
The Trust has to make some comments on this after the elections. Brent wants us to organise the election for the club. The system for voting may change after various people comment on it.

Comments after the elections?

But... But... I want to hear what you are going to say then, now!

Ive made a few comments on it, and I would like you and your fellow candidates to do the same.

Hence...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:07 pm

I've just commented on that for the same reasons and on the same thread Ricks. It'll be interesting to read the comments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:13 pm

Bogsider wrote:
Whois going to be on it, I nominate Freathy! jocolor From what I gather on here and my own short and sweet PASOTI days which were only too brief, joe Noolin doesn't do democratic and consensual and I can't see him lower himself to begging for votes when his place up Brent's arse is already safe. Ditto Webbston.

I'd like Andy symons, Richard blight, John Lloyd, Peter ryan and warren Bowden on board off the top of my head.

I'm not entirely sure what I've done to merit anyone's support, to be honest. And as it stands I'm struggling to see how the whole thing can be organised. If 'the supporters' are going to elect a number of representatives, how is that going to work? Who decides exactly who is 'a supporter'? Is it only season ticket holders? POTDers with a certain number of ticket stubs? Anyone who's been abused by Ian Newell over the last 12 months? I think a lot more practical thought has to go into this before anyone can state with any certainty that they want to put themselves forward.

The one thing I do hope is, come the time, the GAS Board is made up of a real awkward squad. I don't want to see anyone who's an out and out Yes Man (or woman). If the Board really is going to be held to account, then supporters who aren't afraid of making themselves unpopular with the powers that be; people who will ask the awkward questions, as well as representing the fanbase fairly, should be the people putting themselves forward. A supporters group of sycophantic egomaniacs and power-seekers (which is what I fear we'll end up with) is no good to the fans, and actually no good to the club.

One final thought that I've been mulling over: With the 20% shareholding offer, and the establishment of the GAS Board, is Brent attempting to marginalise the Trust? I ask this because he's given the Trust a september deadline to decide upon buying the shares, and, with the best will in the world, I can't see how the Trust can come up with the sort of money needed to buy 20% of PAFC by then.

Admittedly I've no way of knowing what the current state of Trust finances are, but the election must be draining the cash, and membership appears to be in a state of stagnation. Obviously there's also the small matter of Brent's valuation of the club. But, if the Trust isn't in a financial position to buy that 20% by September, and that particular ship sales, how long will it be before the opportunity arises again.

And the GAS Board appears to have been set up to do exactly what many members are wanting the Trust to do - act as a kind of watchdog for the Board's behaviour. If the GAS Board is doing this, what will the Trust Board be doing?

I'm posing these thoughts as a Trust member, who wants to see the Trust grow and prosper, but I can't help but wonder whether JB has implemented these measures in order to neutralise and marginalise the Trust.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:29 pm

My thoughts are exactly as yours Andy, the whole process is comically designed to distance the Trust from the club while bringing closer the head nodders.

Brent is playing with fire here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GAS board   The GAS board - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The GAS board
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next