Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'

Go down 
+2
Nick
Freathy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  Empty
PostSubject: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Will also be at the game today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:51 am

Quite a nice column from Warnock.
I hadn't realised he had managed Burton as well, and good to know at least one chairman had treated him well.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:52 am

Says he's only going today because he used to manage Burton and knows the chairman and curent manager. No mention of us.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:00 am

Freathy wrote:
Says he's only going today because he used to manage Burton and knows the chairman and curent manager. No mention of us.

He didn't want to ruin the surprise of Brent wheeling him out at the Summit and announcing him as manager...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:03 am

Nick wrote:
Freathy wrote:

He didn't want to ruin the surprise of Brent wheeling him out at the Summit and announcing him as manager...
Oh you tease!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:16 am

The president is more or less ruling out a Warnock return. We're stuck with fletch so we may as well accept relegation now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:21 am

Very bad news if true.
Back to top Go down
Bodmin Tew

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:31 am

Freathy wrote:
The president is more or less ruling out a Warnock return. We're stuck with fletch so we may as well accept relegation now.

Freathy - this is a genuine question. Do you have a constructive answer to your Brent out now and Fletcher out now signature? Bearing in mind people have had every opportunity to purchase the club in recent months and Brent won, even though he openly admitted to be last man standing, who do you think should come to our rescue now and purchase the club?

In addition whilst I agree that Fletcher may not be the best man for such a critical job where is the logic in just accepting relegation? Wouldn't it be better to support the club whilst we have a chance of staying up?

Of course if I've missed the purpose of your posting and it is to simply get the reaction you have then I understand.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:53 am

Bodmin Tew wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Freathy - this is a genuine question. Do you have a constructive answer to your Brent out now and Fletcher out now signature? Bearing in mind people have had every opportunity to purchase the club in recent months and Brent won, even though he openly admitted to be last man standing, who do you think should come to our rescue now and purchase the club?

In addition whilst I agree that Fletcher may not be the best man for such a critical job where is the logic in just accepting relegation? Wouldn't it be better to support the club whilst we have a chance of staying up?

Of course if I've missed the purpose of your posting and it is to simply get the reaction you have then I understand.

BT, I know you're new on here, but you should have a word with Greengenes.

Freathy is nothing if not consistent.

Just to add, if Warnock is there today, at least it gives the fans a chance to do some blatant lobbying.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:02 am

Bodmin Tew wrote:

Bearing in mind people have had every opportunity to purchase the club in recent months

who do you think should come to our rescue now and purchase the club?

Firstly, the club was NEVER properly marketed during administration. This was effectively admitted by Guilfoyle. It did not need to be a 2 horse race between Heaney and Brent. Or 3 horse race if you count Buttivant.

Secondly, Brent is not interested in funding the playing side. This was made clear from the outset. We need investment and we need it now. I would like brent to start marketing the club propely to potential investors. If this means him stepping down when new investors are found then great.

Thirdly, Fletch clearly isn't up to it. He tries but is no manager. He doesn't appear to even have control over players hence the attrocious discipline on the pitch. Another manager with more experience is needed to to make this bunch of mediocre players more of a well drilled and tighter unit that is less easy to beat. Like a L2 Pulis.

We are STILL adrift at the bottom of L2 FFS! Relegation to non-league is not like relegation from L1 to L2. Once we're out the FL the liklehood of us ever playing a league match again is extremely remote.
Back to top Go down
Bodmin Tew

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:17 am

Freathy wrote:
Bodmin Tew wrote:

Bearing in mind people have had every opportunity to purchase the club in recent months

Firstly, the club was NEVER properly marketed during administration. This was effectively admitted by Guilfoyle. It did not need to be a 2 horse race between Heaney and Brent. Or 3 horse race if you count Buttivant.

Secondly, Brent is not interested in funding the playing side. This was made clear from the outset. We need investment and we need it now. I would like brent to start marketing the club propely to potential investors. If this means him stepping down when new investors are found then great.

Thirdly, Fletch clearly isn't up to it. He tries but is no manager. He doesn't appear to even have control over players hence the attrocious discipline on the pitch. Another manager with more experience is needed to to make this bunch of mediocre players more of a well drilled and tighter unit that is less easy to beat. Like a L2 Pulis.

We are STILL adrift at the bottom of L2 FFS! Relegation to non-league is not like relegation from L1 to L2. Once we're out the FL the liklehood of us ever playing a league match again is extremely remote.

For invest you mean operate the club at a loss? Who precisely is willing to do that when there are easier carcasses up the football league - Coventry, Sheff Utd, Preston. Guilfoyle in his recent report said that clubs going into administration now will find it very difficult to find investors with ready cash. Overseas investors want Premiership clubs.

I don't necessarily disagree with the point on Fletcher and this is being addressed to some extent by Brent with Fletcher having assistance. I believe that we have the players to get out of this with the right management. Let's hope that Brent has called it right. Time will tell not predictions of doom with 20 games to go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:24 am

Freathy, for Fletcher to have a mentor/advisor, it will most probably be O'Driscoll as he turned down the Bristol Rovers job. They way I would see that is that O'Driscoll would in effect be the manager, with Fletcher learning from him as he goes along. If the duo keep us up and they stay together, if we were to improve season on season and hopefully get promoted in the not too distant future, there's not much chance that Fletcher would be taking the reins solo anytime soon. For me this is good news. Cheer up for once mate, the sun is shining and it's the weekend Razz
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:25 am

If the best brent can do is fudge the issue with a 'mentor' for fletcher then we've had it. Fletch is not good enough and needs to be replaced. Now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:27 am

Sounds like a fudge to me. Remind me what happened to the Sturrock Mariner thing and what good it did us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:11 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Sounds like a fudge to me. Remind me what happened to the Sturrock Mariner thing and what good it did us.

Sounds like a fudge to me too, at least you would think that the two of them have a relationship rather than the utterly fantastical story we were fed about Mariner spending the evening chez Sturrock and the two of them finding out that they HAD to work together...

A couple more things Brent did not save the football club. The council did.

And overseas investors aren't just looking for Premiership clubs, they are looking for clubs they can make a return on. Our pre 2005 history and our current position suggests we can offer a return. Everton, an overachieving premiership club don't, hence they remain unsold.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:29 pm

According to Sparksy's twitter feed, Warnock would be attending the game today- anyone know if he did?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:20 am

Bodmin Tew wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Bodmin Tew wrote:

For invest you mean operate the club at a loss? Who precisely is willing to do that when there are easier carcasses up the football league - Coventry, Sheff Utd, Preston. Guilfoyle in his recent report said that clubs going into administration now will find it very difficult to find investors with ready cash. Overseas investors want Premiership clubs.

I don't necessarily disagree with the point on Fletcher and this is being addressed to some extent by Brent with Fletcher having assistance. I believe that we have the players to get out of this with the right management. Let's hope that Brent has called it right. Time will tell not predictions of doom with 20 games to go.

If a man of cast iron competence and integrity such as Guilfoyle makes a statement,then it must be accepted as the truth,as long as he clears it with his solicitor first of course.Brent has made the right noises so far about the level to which he can take the club and its good to see Peter Jones on the board-he will doubtless remind him of the last time that an Argyle board failed to seek additional help on reaching the CCC and the long term consequences which followed,when our gates were easily good enough to sustain further progress.

Trust in Stapes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'    Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'  Empty

Back to top Go down

Warnock; 'My world has been turned upside down'
Page 1 of 1