Warnock

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cornysteve

Warnock Empty
PostSubject: Warnock   Warnock EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have no idea if the link will work, internet savvy not being a claim of mine. Interesting interview with Colin. While I'd imagine that our budget would forbid any role for him next season, he does come across as being interested in getting involved. This could of course be a media based application to boost his winter fuel allowance. I have always been anti DoF positions, but am slightly swayed by this interview. God knows that we, as a club, dont have enough football centric people at the club. In my opinion there are just two worthy of the name, Sheridan and Owers.

If and I appreciate that it is a massive if, he could come in and bridge the canyon that exists between football and development priorities then surely he would be an asset to Argyle. He'd certainly offer a bit more media box office and a fair few contacts. Understanding that any involvement would depend on Sheridan, (who has done a great job but will I fear depart in the summer) Brent, budgets and Warnock himself, could he fit in here as a dare I say it Perrymanesque DoF role?

Just seen interview and spitballing really.

Steve
Back to top Go down

Warnock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warnock   Warnock EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:56 pm

No thankyou just stay retired Neil your an embarrassment as a manager and ill suited to a director of football role.
Back to top Go down

Warnock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warnock   Warnock EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:56 pm

He isn't a crap manager, you may not like him but to say he's crap is just wrong. Anyhoo, I am not a fan of the DOF role, I can't see how a manager wouldn't feel undermined by a DOF? It would be too easy for a two way split to develop between chairman, manager and DOF. Get a good manager in and stck with him and back him. Warnock was right about the potential, in fact MASSIVE was the word he used, just have a word with JB and tell him to build a bigger stand.
Back to top Go down

Warnock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warnock   Warnock EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Iggy wrote:
He isn't a crap manager, you may not like him but to say he's crap is just wrong. Anyhoo, I am not a fan of the DOF role, I can't see how a manager wouldn't feel undermined by a DOF? It would be too easy for a two way split to develop between chairman, manager and DOF. Get a good manager in and stck with him and back him. Warnock was right about the potential, in fact MASSIVE was the word he used, just have a word with JB and tell him to build a bigger stand.

didnt say he was crap i said he was embarrassing as a manager.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Warnock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warnock   Warnock EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Like Luggy he has proved to to be good at this level. Think the role would suit him and Argyle, not sure about Shezza though.
Back to top Go down

Warnock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warnock   Warnock EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:34 pm

on player now.
Back to top Go down

Warnock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warnock   Warnock EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Angry of Manchester wrote:
No thankyou just stay retired Neil your an embarrassment as a manager and ill suited to a director of football role.

I couldn't disagree more
Back to top Go down

Warnock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warnock   Warnock EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:46 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Angry of Manchester wrote:

I couldn't disagree more

why do tell Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Warnock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warnock   Warnock EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:08 pm

His contacts, his managerial nouse, his does not suffer fools, he would be working for a relatively low wage..nothing to lose
Back to top Go down

Warnock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warnock   Warnock EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:23 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
His contacts, his managerial nouse, his does not suffer fools, he would be working for a relatively low wage..nothing to lose

he is a dinosaur in the game who will piss any manager off let alone John Sheridan as he will work him from behind. He is better off being a D of F at a club with an inexperienced manager or a manager who prefers to coach more than admin. Plus why waste money hiring him when John is doing a good job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warnock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warnock   Warnock Empty

Back to top Go down

Warnock
Page 1 of 1