Charlie Wood
harvetheslayer
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cornysteve

The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 5:25 pm

Lifted from the Pasoti thread. Just shy of three years since the posts on it:

Patrick Cussen stated:
"It may interest posters to know that James Brent has long been renowned in the commercial world for being an 'understater and over-achiever'. He 's no Kevin Heaney; he is most definitely a doer, not a talker. James Brent and his Akkeron Group have, perhaps with some justification, come in for some criticism lately for an apparent lack of transparency and communication about this matter. I would though much sooner have a doer, rather than a talker who achieves nothing but raises false hopes; we've all suffered too much of that in recent years. As supporters we must accept that whoever controls the club will never please all supporters all of the time, but after the club's recent near demise I thank God that the club is in a reasonably safe pair of hands. Although I can well understand the serious concerns of many about the proposed capacity, and I definitely include myself, I remain hopeful that he and Akkeron may yet pleasantly surprise us all and ultimately exceed our current expectations."

If that's not comedy gold, nothing is.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 5:37 pm

cornysteve wrote:

Patrick Cussen stated:
"It may interest posters to know that James Brent has long been renowned in the commercial world for being an 'understater and over-achiever'. He 's no Kevin Heaney; he is most definitely a doer, not a talker. James Brent and his Akkeron Group have, perhaps with some justification, come in for some criticism lately for an apparent lack of transparency and communication about this matter. I would though much sooner have a doer, rather than a talker who achieves nothing but raises false hopes; we've all suffered too much of that in recent years. As supporters we must accept that whoever controls the club will never please all supporters all of the time, but after the club's recent near demise I thank God that the club is in a reasonably safe pair of hands. Although I can well understand the serious concerns of many about the proposed capacity, and I definitely include myself, I remain hopeful that he and Akkeron may yet pleasantly surprise us all and ultimately exceed our current expectations."

Pure Platinum chickendance chickendance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 5:44 pm

cornysteve wrote:

Patrick Cussen stated:

thought of the day stuff that is lol
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 5:47 pm

Angry wrote:
cornysteve wrote:

Patrick Cussen stated:

Bit long winded for a TOTD.....how about a Greensam match report jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 5:54 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
cornysteve wrote:

Patrick Cussen stated:

About 500 words short of a GS intro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 5:56 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
cornysteve wrote:

Patrick Cussen stated:

lol true but im sure the mods could have cut out the best bit if it were to go on... i dont think the bandwidth could cope with a greensam report as a thought of the day
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:33 am

cornysteve wrote:

Patrick Cussen stated:

pure comedy gold absolutley pissing meself laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 10:05 am

tis a classic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 10:59 am

i do recall a time on there a few argyle posters mentioning no names where envyous of truro under heaney and generally saw truro as a threat to argyle's standing with fans.

perhaps elias could troll back years on there to find some quotes
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 3:43 pm

My introduction to BS was in '75.  Don't know who said it but the big Herald headline "we'll be the greatest" (or words to that effect) will take some beating. Anything since then just feels like comedy.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 6:10 pm

The Daftest comment i've read is that the Non investor/builder/speculator is going to back Adams in the January Transfer window!!!!the transfer Budget was spent on the Media rooms tin of Magnolia Emulsion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 7:16 pm

that tin had probably been lying around in Bobs shed as well
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 3:59 am

The daftest argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard are anything foxy or moto post on the laughing at exeter thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 9:38 am

Everyone has missed a tap in here.

"Jamie Mackie! Why on earth do we play him? All he does is run around like a headless f**king chicken."

Quite an oft repeated comment on pasoti, shortly before we sold him and he rocked up playing regularly for QPR in the Prem.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 11:04 am

James Brent. "I haven't considered the opportunity to use the ground buy back clause"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 2:53 pm

Eubanks Blake can't stay on his feet,
Mackie Headless chicken,
Ried lazy and useless,
Wright Phillips is shite.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 2:53 pm

Ryan Brunt is shite, will never score in a brothel......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:13 pm

Tudor Evans, a year or two ago........"We are so lucky in these austere times to have someone like James Brent wanting to be involved in our city"
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:22 pm

Mind you, when Bolasie was playing for Argyle, i remember making some comment on a forum to the effect that he looked like the kid who was always last pick in playground matches. It can certainly bite your arse sometimes-watching a Germany match with my late father some years ago and he made the comment "i don't rate that Schweinsteiger-he's crap", almost at the very instant that Bastien cracked one in the top corner from 30 yards. Classic moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:32 pm

But then Bolasie was a funny player, GS. He had the weirdest coordination I've ever seen and often couldn't string two paces together. Somehow, someone managed to teach him to put one thought in front of the other. Always, always exciting to watch though.
His pace was always electric, and maybe his weird coordination makes him extremely difficult to read. Not being a tv football fan, I haven't seen him play since he left Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:33 pm

I made some remark about ngala being dire then 2 seconds later he unleashed a 30yarder at hilsborough ! Mate nearly wet himself laughing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:38 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
But then Bolasie was a funny player, GS. He had the weirdest coordination I've ever seen and often couldn't string two paces together. Somehow, someone managed to teach him to put one thought in front of the other. Always, always exciting to watch though.
His pace was always electric, and maybe his weird coordination makes him extremely difficult to read. Not being a tv football fan, I haven't seen him play since he left Argyle.

I'm sure that's what it is, he was almost double jointed at the waist, his top half would carry on traveling the same way as it was already going whilst his hips and legs have doubled back and gone the other way already, looked very ungainly at times but he could properly skin a defender foreshore, great player but not sure time will be good to him. The main fault was that he would skin a defender then send a shot into the stands, lack of composure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2