RegGreen
Freathy
Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 8:39 pm

Plymouth Argyle v Blackburn Rovers

First game against Blackburn for 25 years

Man in the middle CHARLES BREAKSPEAR
(Card happy Ref)
34 games 128 yellow cards 14 reds.

Assisted by Ben Cobb and Justin Amey

Fourth Official: Adam Penwell

Blackburn FC news

Tony Mowbray is expecting a tough test when his Rovers side make the long trip to Plymouth this weekend, but says a number of options are available to him in terms of team selection. I could choose to play with "power, technique or speed" during this weekend's league clash.

The Blues are unbeaten in 18 league games and will be full of confidence following an impressive 3-1 victory over Walsall in midweek.

With the January transfer window now closed and following a number of new additions at Ewood Park, Mowbray says his squad is looking healthy ahead of the trip.

For Plymouth Graham Carey is a goal threat, he can unlock doors for them. He's not a play maker as such, he stays wide and drifts inside. He's got a wand of a left foot and can shoot from anywhere. We have to be aware of where he is on the pitch when they have the ball.

At the top end of the pitch they do carry a threat, but it's up to us to ask questions of them at the other end.

Fans Forum

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Blackburn was given 1,516 tickets they have sold 1,300 + and  some of their fans are hoping to POTD

Argyle News

The turning point in Argyle season started at Ewood Park, we were  rock bottom, having notched just six points from their opening 13 games. To our credit we came away with a battling draw, Four days later, Argyle won at Wimbledon, and things steadily began to pick up.

Now, Argyle lie 13th, almost exactly as far from the play-offs as the drop zone. Our record since playing Rovers in October is played 16, won nine, drawn four, lost three. A return of 31 points from 16 games is a record few could match.

Blackburn have beaten it. Since Argyle left Ewood Park with a point, Rovers have gained 39 points from 17 games, with 11 wins and six draws.

The transfer window was a big blow for us supporters with six out and these four in Moses, Matthews,  Church and  Vyner.

I can only see one change from last week game

Attendance

The bad weather tomorrow means that DJM League pitches are out of action this weekend , this should swell the attendance

should be 12,000+     Devonport and Lyndhurst blocks 1 to 14, 369 seats left (at time of posting)

Here a game against Blackburn that got away from us

Players who played for both clubs

Grsham Coughlan, Nicky Marker, Andy Morrison, Craig Skinner and Keith Hill

Last edited by Tgwu on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 9:27 am

Draw for me 2 - 2
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 10:12 am

Akkeron 0-4 Blackburn
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 11:15 am

Already gone 3-1 blackburn on pepsi petes score thread. .unbeaten in 18 games
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Hand over yer twenty three quid mugs, and just be grateful you got Akkeron to support! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 1:43 pm

Shock one nil Argyle win
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 2:01 pm

It'll be cold, wet and miserable. Glad I'm not going.
May well be dropping heads from the players, given they've lost some of their best to better deals elsewhere and may well feel the owner is more interested in other things.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Matthews;
Sawyer, Bradley, Vyner, Threkeld;
Ness, Fox, Sarcevic;
Carey, Taylor, Lameiras

Cooper, Songo'o, Makasi, Taylor-Sinclair, Ainsworth, Church, Grant

Edit: Only change in Vyner in for Songo'o.

Think we'll be allright for the rest of the season, but we haven't strengthened in the TM so I can't see a play off place as a possibility. If we get a draw today against one of the strongest sides in the division then it'll be a good result.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 3:26 pm

Big roar on the wind
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 3:48 pm

bleddy winnin 2-0 !!!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Toums is back but called Sarcevic. Having a stormer. Argyle have history at 2-0 though so a mahossive 2nd half
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 4:08 pm

We won't be able to keep these out in the 2nd.  There's a reason they're on 59 points
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 4:55 pm

Freathy wrote:
We won't be able to keep these out in the 2nd.  There's a reason they're on 59 points
and they still are! Huge win
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Good win for the Akkerons, thought we might snatch a draw at best, imagine the reluctant spender is getting nervous - now only seven points off the play offs, must be his worst nightmare the idea of getting promoted, just don't mention the C word.
Viva Aviva cheers
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 5:03 pm

That was a good result there this afternoon. I had a feeling they would win today and they proved me right.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 5:16 pm

Amazing effort by DA and the team! In spite of brent.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 5:32 pm

This was a fantastic result and performance, make no mistake. Yes Blackburn seemed to have more possession but the amount of block and tackles we put in was immense. Don't really remember Matthews being seriously tested. Any saves he made were pretty routine.

God knows where Lameiras summoned the power for his strike. He looks about 8 stone wet through but that was about as pure as he'll ever hit one.

Final word to Sarcevic. My MOTM and I've been critical of him lately. His work in the build up to the second is a joy to behold. He's no Diagouraga and never will be but if he puts in performances like that every week then he will have won me over.

First Blackburn defeat since October. They brought nearly 1,500 and you didn't hear a peep all game. Pathetic.

Happy days. Chinese and a couple bottles of wine on my agenda now. cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 5:51 pm

Freathy wrote:
Amazing effort by DA and the team!  In spite of brent.
Yep, despite the Brentmare, Adams continues to get fantastic results well done DA and the team. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 5:59 pm

beesrus wrote:
May well be dropping heads from the players, given they've lost some of their best to better deals elsewhere and may well feel the owner is more interested in other things.

“Some of their best” only one as far as I’m concerned and that’s Jervis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 6:02 pm

Excellent performance by far, can someone on here who still posts on PASOTI tell those idiots that Songo’o didn’t play today, it was Moses, cant believe some have even marked him with a 6!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 6:05 pm

Graiser wrote:
Excellent performance by far, can someone on here who still posts on PASOTI tell those idiots that Songo’o didn’t play today, it was Moses, cant believe some have even marked him with a 6!

The mentally challenged struggle with such things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 6:11 pm

Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:

So, Diagouraga never existed then ? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 6:46 pm

Just looked on a Blackburn forum. They are not a happy bunch tonight.

Mixed views regarding Argyle with one saying we are a mediocre side. The below caught my eye though.

MarkHayHurst wrote :-

All criticism of performance aside I think Plymouth worked very hard/ looked a very organised side. Just 7 points of the play offs for them. I wouldn't fancy playing them again.

Their centre backs today looked exactly what we are lacking.

LINK

The Blackburn gaffer with views on the game.

The Lancashire Post report.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 6:54 pm

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:

So, Diagouraga never existed then ? Evil or Very Mad

Forgot him, excellent player but fairly confident we haven’t missed him and as for dropping heads, there’s been no evidence of that at all.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 7:06 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
This was a fantastic result and performance, make no mistake. Yes Blackburn seemed to have more possession but the amount of block and tackles we put in was immense. Don't really remember Matthews being seriously tested. Any saves he made were pretty routine.

God knows where Lameiras summoned the power for his strike. He looks about 8 stone wet through but that was about as pure as he'll ever hit one.

Final word to Sarcevic. My MOTM and I've been critical of him lately. His work in the build up to the second is a joy to behold. He's no Diagouraga and never will be but if he puts in performances like that every week then he will have won me over.

First Blackburn defeat since October. They brought nearly 1,500 and you didn't hear a peep all game. Pathetic.

Happy days. Chinese and a couple bottles of wine on my agenda now. cheers drunken

This. You just couldn't fault Argyle today, a truly complete performance. On the front foot first half and two differently constructed but superb goals, not really a sniff for Blackburn. Inevitable response from a promotion team 2-0 down at HT in terms of possession but Argyles covering and tackling from front to back was excellent and can't remember them creating a clear cut chance, in fact it was Argyle who looked more dangerous on the counter. All the stats will favour Blackburn but in reality there was only ever one winner of the game today and i really enjoyed the afternoon- nice to completely shut up the Blackburn fans, some of who were making some rather cocksure statements walking to the ground today. They weren't in the same street as Wigan for pace and attacking power IMHO but maybe this should be a day for congratulation rather than dilution. Well done DA and the team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next