Charlie Wood
harvetheslayer
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard Empty
PostSubject: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:37 pm

Just watching Leicester v Spurs. Jonathan Pearce commented that Leicester will be keen to rush Wes Morgan back to resume their Premier League title push.

Reminded me of when Argyle played Nottingham Forest away about 10 years ago, Dexter Blackstock scored 2 as Argyle won 3-1, and Gordon Sparks said he'd do some stupid forfeit if Wes Morgan played in the next Forest game (which he did) as Sparks clearly felt Morgan was such an obviously atrocious player.

Don't think Sir Gordon quite had his finger on the pulse with that one!

There must be some good similar stories out there. Why did Frank Harper have to walk around Home Park in a pink tutu again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 10:03 pm

I think Ian Newell's pompous assertion that 'Keith Todd will be good for this club' because 'I sat and talked to him at Newcastle, and I have experience of interviewing people, so I know what to look for' has to take the biscuit, as well as summarising in a nutshell just what a deluded, arse-kissing spunk trumpet Newell is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 10:32 pm

ejh wrote:
Just watching Leicester v Spurs. Jonathan Pearce commented that Leicester will be keen to rush Wes Morgan back to resume their Premier League title push.

Reminded me of when Argyle played Nottingham Forest away about 10 years ago, Dexter Blackstock scored 2 as Argyle won 3-1, and Gordon Sparks said he'd do some stupid forfeit if Wes Morgan played in the next Forest game (which he did) as Sparks clearly felt Morgan was such an obviously atrocious player.

Don't think Sir Gordon quite had his finger on the pulse with that one!

There must be some good similar stories out there. Why did Frank Harper have to walk around Home Park in a pink tutu again?

i recall the zionist racist homophobe doing that, i think it had something to do with paul wotton
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 11:27 pm

Any of the multitudinous raft of soppy excuses in favour of the now defunct but always blatantly crap Higher Home Park Plan but the "I like the school in one corner and the dentists in the other - Home Park'll be unique" (or whatever it was along those lines) pretty much takes the biscuit bullshit-wise.

With "we're going to have a magnificent two-tiered stand" coming a close second and "he only wants to build a cinema in the park" third.

Come to think of it there ain't 'alf been some seriously spectacular shite spouted over the years.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 11:36 pm

sir roy doesnt do failure

i saw james brents lip quver
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 11:38 pm

Rick Cowdery wrote:
The Pilgrims are cancelling centre-back Purse’s contract to allow him to move on after 13 months at Home Park and pursue other career options.

Darren, who is 36 on Valentine’s Day, had been made available for transfer by Argyle earlier in the season.

Pursey joined Argyle from boyhood heroes Millwall in November last season, following the Pilgrims’ exit from administration, and made his debut in a 4-1 home thumping of Northampton.

He gelled almost immediately with Maxime Blanchard, the centre-back pairing providing a solid platform from which relegation out of the Football League was avoided.

Darren missed only three of the 27 matches in the season after he signed, all as a result of his sending-off against Hereford United just before Christmas and subsequent suspension.

The former Oxford, Birmingham City and Cardiff player contributed to seven clean sheets during the campaign and scored both his career goals for the Pilgrims, both away from Home Park, in a 4-0 win at Accrington and a 2-2 draw at Morecambe.

Carl Fletcher named him club captain at the start of the current campaign, in which he played 22 matches, the last of which was last month’s 1-0 home defeat by Wycombe Wanderers.

Not so much for what it says but for what it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 11:56 pm

The list really is extensive over the years but in our recent history shorely the WC bid takes some beating, we're going to get a 40,000 seater stadium Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 12:38 am

Trying to find some made about brent being different to heaneys lot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 1:01 am

The Oldway genius and deliverer of fine projects said this nearly 3 years ago............

"Plymouth in my view is lacking self-confidence and examples of top quality. Plymouthians are shy in expressing pride and aspiration but all regional cities need that – and there's definitely more 'bounce' in the city than when I got here. We'll only challenge the cynicism by delivering more than pretty drawings"

What a man jocolor
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 7:56 am

Harry Potter to lay a Brick......??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 9:02 am

We can't have a bigger Grandstand as it would spoil Ian Newells parents view of Plymouth sound from their bungalow in Milehouse..

Comedy. Gold.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 9:38 am

The point that everyone missed at the time was that you could stick a three storey stand there and still be below the height of the life centre, desperate clutching at straws by Brent's Bitch.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 10:08 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
We can't have a bigger Grandstand as it would spoil Ian Newells parents view of Plymouth sound from their bungalow in Milehouse..

Comedy. Gold.

Top link Hugh, porky at his cringeworthy, sycophantic best but as somebody on the thread says "pasoti is his ball" so he can pretty much say whatever he likes without fear of censor or bullying behind the scenes from threatening pm's. The blokes had his arse handed to him on a plate a record number of times over the years and most of the time he doesn't even realise it. Oh, and that Don't Panic character is a postcode multi forshore, wheeled out whenever the fat controller or the reluctant one are desperate for some support.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 10:42 am

My best ever prediction was made by my Great Uncle Billy (a lifelong supporter), taking me to my first match in August 1962 :-

"We've never been in the First Division but we may well make it this season"

He's long dead...and I still don't see it happening in my lifetime.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 10:44 am

Hugh Watt wrote:

Comedy. Gold.

Great link.
Personally loved nools reposte that 3 people who read pasoti, but never post, rang him up to tell him he was right all along...up there with his infamous silent majority. Who were always just that. Silent.

Anyway thank christ, then, that the whole plan has disappeared square up its own arse, forever.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 11:22 am

Just need to echo what everyone else has said. That thread is a classic microcosm of what Ian Newell represents in the Internet World. I wasn't even sure it was possible to be shot down and lose so many arguments in one thread alone.  cheers

I particularly liked Rob_GT4's precis.....

Rob_GT4 wrote:

I wonder how the people in Millbay living in the 'Cargo' flats feel about their amazing sea views now that 'Cargo 2' has been built in front of them... I wonder how many complaints have been received and ignored, I wonder about the value of the £300k-£400k penthouse flats as a result...

Has it really come down to this?

This thread along with many others on here have shown Brent's plans/restrictions to be a farce, from rip off retail units, to mudbath football pitches being described as green lungs, to building a school in our grandstand, to conferencing facilities that may be capable of making £100k per year leading to the future sustainability of a championship club with an 18m? per year wage bill, to Ians parents losing an inch of sea view because we try to build a grandstand that helps us lose the embarassing title of 'biggest English city to have never had a football team in the top flight'.

It's like watching an episode of question time, with IJN, Chris Webb, and PL2 at the table with David Dimbleby. A hostile crowd absolutely batters them for the whole show, they try to save face with some side-stepping, finger pointing, and subject changes, but the people asking the questions know they're right, the people watching at home know the people asking the questions are right, however the show runs out of time, none of the questions really get answered to any satisfactory standard, nothing is done, and the millions of people at home change channel annoyed knowing that deep down they can't change anything anyway.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 11:41 am

I find it amazing being honest that all of us with very few exceptions have somehow allowed Nool to become so successful in his divide and rule tactics.
The blokes a complete buffoon, bully and very devious and yet at the end of the day he has the Chairmans ear to himself, along with a non performing Union Steward.

I find it bizarre. If Brent was genuinely aware that some supporters avoid HP under the current Aviva Bucket Rattling set up orchestrated by Newell then he would be more than interested to what extent the Cashflow is reduced I'm sure
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 11:45 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
The point that everyone missed at the time was that you could stick a three storey stand there and still be below the height of the life centre, desperate clutching at straws by Brent's Bitch.

That apparently doesnt count because the complaints only came in after it was finished. Or something.

This comment is funny, from a thread about the awful HHP plan being too big for the area allocated for it and having to beg the council for more space.

" this is not a land grab, as no more land is being taken, it's simply leasehold changing to freehold"

Err yes by definition that is a landgrab
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 11:46 am

Brent knows Porky for what he is, as for his position in the directors box he's a bit like a sheep tick stuck between the cheeks of Brent's arse, Brent would love him gone but he's seen an awful lot of shit from where's he's sat and Brent daren't lever him out for fear of fall out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 1:39 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

Comedy. Gold.

Around the same time he was furious with anyone who dared refer to him a sycophant (mainly me), despite being the very embodiment of one with comments like that.

Austerity Brent's microstand ftw!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 1:49 pm

Not Argyle related, but I remember in the early 90s when Blackburn had money, Kenny Dalglish went to Jack Walker asking for the money to buy a young up and coming French midfielder that had big potential.

The chairman assertively said no. 'Why would we want Zidane when we've got Tim Sherwood?'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 2:14 pm

Chris Webb predicting that he would not be able to frequent the boardroom at any point whilst Tony Wrathall remains on the board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 2:22 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Chris Webb predicting that he would not be able to frequent the boardroom at any point whilst Tony Wrathall remains on the board.

Surely not so much daft as two faced, self serving and hypocritical ?
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 3:15 pm

The club has asked fans to keep the noise to a minimum after a goal's been scored as it is disturbing the afternoon tea parties of the residents of a bungalow in Milehouse. One of the resident's added "In recent years it has not been a problem but now this new manager is upsetting everyone with the frequent noise of goal celebrations, it's just not on".
Anyone heard making excessive noise will be evicted by stewards and if the problem continues the players will be told not to score anymore goals until the fans learn how to behave themselves.

Last edited by steveinspain on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 3:38 pm

We will only sell if offered a plymouth price

its all ollie's fault players left in january
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard   The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard Empty

Back to top Go down

The daftest Argyle related comments/predictions you have ever heard
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next