Freathy
Tgwu
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Boos at the ground.
It sounds as if something ain't quite right. What terrible home form recently. And maybe the "injuries" are all part of the malaise.
Could be a bad case of Jimmy doubt. That statement of his really couldn't have helped the mood.

Why 'injuries'?

Never heard of throwing a sickie, Innocent ? It does go on, you know.

OH nooooooooo !!!!

Of course but I think it's bollocks in this case. Why would players in a team flying high at the top of the league feign injury? Looking for issues where there are none.

Nothing would surprise me-the manager has certainly been making some odd statements about "very annoyed at how long the injuries are taking to clear up" as well as the references "to the threadbare squad that's the problem", "interesting players in Scotland"-[why exactly would he say that?], etc and Brent's rather ambivalent public utterances the other day. Looks as though there may be trouble brewing to me and January is shaping up to be an interesting month to say the least.

This January will be carnage on a scale easily matching that of the great staplewllet Black January. History to repeat itself all over again and DA will leave just as Ollie did.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 5:29 pm

clueless, gutless and dropping like a stone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

I understand the theory, I just think they're actually injured.

Fair enough. Life is all about perception, and not a little emotional loyalty.
Never ceases to amaze me that the same folk cannot believe in, say, feigned football injuries, yet a 30 minute scud WMD in Iraq ? no problem at all. So much for the human ability to break the tribal bond.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Recent performances are not just about money. The players on the pitch are capable of playing in this league - indeed some were showing form that would have put them into League 1 standard. I can take defeat - I can't take anything less than 100% effort and comittment when wearing green.Rant
January could be interesting but either way we must stop this rot now before it wrecks the season.
Freathy for Team Motivational Officer - that'll sort them Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:03 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

I understand the theory, I just think they're actually injured.

Fair enough. Life is all about perception, and not a little emotional loyalty.
Never ceases to amaze me that the same folk cannot believe in, say, feigned football injuries, yet a 30 minute scud WMD in Iraq ? no problem at all. So much for the human ability to break the tribal bond.
Laughing

I didn't say I don't believe in feigned football injuries, simply that I don't believe that to be the case here. Perhaps I am gullible but only on the same level as you and others here are paranoid.

My feeling that Reuben Reid might actually have a hip flexor injury makes me the type of person who believes in fantastical weapons in the Middle East? How odd. What next? My own eyes telling me Carey went off at D&R with a genuine injury is akin to holocaust denial?

Your all-pervading self-assurance is rather reminiscent of X-Isle. Are you related?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:05 pm

tigertony wrote:
I can take defeat - I can't take anything less than 100% effort and comittment when wearing green.Rant

With the above in  mind, what do you feel about an owner spending half a day a week on the club ?
Or is it OK for the generals to have minimal commitment ?
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:08 pm

Injuries or not.....that cannot be an excuse. If there are players out, then surely the onus is on the remaining players to step up? What a chance, surely? In every team game, fringe players are looking for their chance which is the case here....but no one is stepping up!

All down to the players themselves. Not Adams. Not Brent (yawn.....same old crap from the usual suspects)

They either want to be professional players or they don't. Either step up...OR STEP OUT.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:09 pm

tigertony wrote:
Recent performances are  not just about money. The players on the pitch are capable of playing in this league - indeed some were showing form that would have put them into League 1 standard. I can take defeat - I can't take anything less than 100% effort and comittment when wearing green.Rant
January could be interesting but either way we must stop this rot now before it wrecks the season.
Freathy for Team Motivational Officer - that'll sort them Thumbs

Oh yeah, make "joke" about Freathy and then bury head in sand.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:10 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Injuries or not.....that cannot be an excuse. If there are players out, then surely the onus is on the remaining players to step up? What a chance, surely? In every team game, fringe players are looking for their chance which is the case here....but no one is stepping up!

All down to the players themselves. Not Adams. Not Brent (yawn.....same old crap from the usual suspects)

They either want to be professional players or they don't. Either step up...OR STEP OUT.

Ever think about the possibility that the fringe players are in fact not good enough to step up? Looks like Adams was trying to make that point by not bringing anyone on as sub today.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:12 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

I'm supprised you havent blamed the fans, thats the same old crap you come out with.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:14 pm

Of course. Just adding my opinion which happens to be slightly different to most of the usual yawnfest drivel I read here sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:14 pm

Good point GS. I thought Adams almost sounded close to tears tonight in his radio interview. He's not a happy bunny.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Same old crap "I" come out with? . That's rich for this website!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:16 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

The budget is a disgrace and the squad is down to the bare bones in both quality and numbers, that IS to do with Brent.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:18 pm

See what I mean? Woe betide those who don't toe the line at ATD...
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:20 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Of course. Just adding my opinion which happens to be slightly different to most of the usual yawnfest drivel I read here sometimes.

There's always pasoti......
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:21 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Same old crap "I" come out with? . That's rich for this website!
This democratic Forum, of which a lot of posters used to support the Trust under the Glory Days of Andy Symons, now sadly its part of Team Jimmy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:22 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

As your a Trust guy, any news of any meetings with Brent/Starnes ?
Bob seldoms bothers to let anyone know over here
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:25 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

That would be the "yawnfest drivel" that has consistently warned since the start of the season that the Argyle squad is not strong enough to sustain the early challenge, would it? Hope that your comfortable ignorance turns out to be justified.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:29 pm

Squire Brent is untouchable in some fans' minds, just as Stapes, Gardner and Todd.
It was ever thus. Hence AT and ATD were born, so that reality could have an airing.
No point Avivas moaning there are many posters on here that are suspicious of these club owners. We've been chased and banned, insulted and pilloried, until we found refuge and assylum here. Look a month or two back and there was little but praise on here for Adams and his efforts. And please take note, there is still nothing but support for Adams in this present predicament.
I suggest you look at your own reasonings, and why you support Brent UNconditionally.
Time is short, some fans are getting on in life. We don't need the next squire to bullshit and speculate on property while the football takes second place yet again. And one more thing. It's only people watching football.# gettalife.

Last edited by Sir John Hawkins on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:31 pm

So basically, if you're not a Brent hater...you belong on Pasoti? How pathetic.

For the record, I have never met the man. I have never said the squad doesn't need investment (it clearly does) and anything I say here is MY opinion and nothing related to the Trust. If I wish to communicate on behalf of the AFT I will do so on the proper thread.

But so many of you complain about Pasoti and not being allowed your opinion....yet it's exactly the same here! Jumped on if you dare speak out of turn.

I was merely saying that players have to take the brunt of things sometimes and today's performance - if you can call it that- was one such time. I just don't blame every single thing ever; losing, traffic jams, motorways, weather; on James Brent. Some of you are absolutely obsessed with the man because all of your posts are about him.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:35 pm

You're not being jumped on ffs, some are just strongly disagreeing with you. What's with the 'why me' attitude? Show some steel man.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Could the apparent lack of interest from the players be to do with their contract talks maybe ?
Can't imagine anything more demotivating for a player than a derisory contract offer when they have put everything into their early season, proved their worth & are flying at the top. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:40 pm

Steely, you have made 5 posts tonight all of which are critical of ATD. Are you surprised you are being "jumped" on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:40 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

But so many of you complain about Pasoti and not being allowed your opinion....yet it's exactly the same here! Jumped on if you dare speak out of turn.

I don't complain of that. I left Pasoti because I didn't like the childish bullying and dodgy data abuse that went on. In fact I would say that website broke the law many, many times.
This website DOES NOT do that. Only once did a moderator on here try to openly break the rules, and he was forced to step down. To his credit he apologised later.

Apart from that, who cares ? This is an internet fans' forum where ALL Argyle fans are quite at liberty to post their feelings regarding everything Argyle, without being banned, UNLIKE Pasoti.
You're late to the party.

Last edited by Sir John Hawkins on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next