Freathy
Tgwu
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 10:45 am

Freathy wrote:
EI EI EI O
Down the football league we go
When we get relegated
This is what we'll sing
We are Argo
We are Argo
Brenty is our king
Yooooom nat a prapper faan, eeh saved us.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 10:50 am

After the strange SteeleCannon lecture, i bet there are lots of Trust members happy that their ten quid subs are in such good hands!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 4:27 pm

tigertony wrote:
''Leans on humour to get things done'' is my CV.

Blimey, I didn't know that David Brent was a member of these boards...
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 4:56 pm

charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Brent out.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 6:03 pm

charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:

He's not but I hear one poster on here is actually Ricky Gervais.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 8:18 pm

charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Laughing

I was laughiing more at the irony of the TT quote. But I guess there are many interpretations of what actually constitutes humour. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 10:37 pm

If you like debate, then my advice is to stick to debate, and stop griping just because people disagree with the "Brent is a lubberly chappie" mantra.

Sir John Hawkins - people are going to have differing opinions on Brent, I get that. I have never made my feelings clear either way - despite what some people wish to 'make up'. I just believe there are always other factors at work as well.

Have a look at the section called "The Scandal So Far" to get an idea of why ATD is the way it is.

I started to, Frank. I'll let you know when I have another week free with nothing to do...how much stuff on that thread???

Have a look at the Trust section on here to see why so many ATD'ers are getting frustrated with the Trust. If our questions/criticisms are seen as too difficult are they labelled as "dissing" rather then supporting? You missed the part where I said that constructive critisism is good, then?

It's clear that I've not really come across the way I wanted to here, and I accept there will always be those here that clearly dislike the AFT even if it could gain Argyle three promotions so there's no point me trying to convince those people. I also accept there is banter on this site, and I was warned not to poke my head above the parapet...like a lamb to the slaughter I go...but I'm not getting back into old habits of a decade ago on that awful old official site forum. One reponse leads to another, leads to another and it gets nowhere and that site got really silly towards the end, and quite frankly I've got better things to do.

I'll still chip in with Argyle related stuff, but can I politely request that anything AFT related or questions goes onto that topic/thread? Bob sees things often on there and at least then we know where to look for anything. If something gets put up here it's likely to be missed. Not all of us have the time to trawl through all these threads!

Happy to keep the footie debate going, folks! Laughing

Last edited by SteelCannon on Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 11:06 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Can someone enlighten me, who is SteelConnon? is he on AFT board?

If so can he please explain what the trust is helping the club with, is it using the trust fun? if so, will the trust members be shown what is spend and where?

He is the AFT secretary.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 12:00 am

SteelCannon wrote:
If you like debate, then my advice is to stick to debate, and stop griping just because people disagree with the "Brent is a lubberly chappie" mantra.

Les Mis - people are going to have differing opinions on Brent, I get that. I have never made my feelings clear either way - despite what some people wish to 'make up'. I just believe there are always other factors at work as well.

Have a look at the section called "The Scandal So Far" to get an idea of why ATD is the way it is.

I started to, Frank. I'll let you know when I have another week free with nothing to do...how much stuff on that thread???

Have a look at the Trust section on here to see why so many ATD'ers are getting frustrated with the Trust. If our questions/criticisms are seen as too difficult are they labelled as "dissing" rather then supporting? You missed the part where I said that constructive critisism is good, then?

It's clear that I've not really come across the way I wanted to here, and I accept there will always be those here that clearly dislike the AFT even if it could gain Argyle three promotions so there's no point me trying to convince those people. I also accept there is banter on this site, and I was warned not to poke my head above the parapet...like a lamb to the slaughter I go...but I'm not getting back into old habits of a decade ago on that awful old official site forum. One reponse leads to another, leads to another and it gets nowhere and that site got really silly towards the end, and quite frankly I've got better things to do.

I'll still chip in with Argyle related stuff, but can I politely request that anything AFT related or questions goes onto that topic/thread? Bob sees things often on there and at least then we know where to look for anything. If something gets put up here it's likely to be missed. Not all of us have the time to trawl through all these threads!

Happy to keep the footie debate going, folks! Laughing

It would appear that you are attempting to quote me and then reply to me on something that I didn't say..........perhaps you should do your posting before going on the ale instead of AFTer.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 12:14 am

BAH! Totally apologise, Les Mis. I have not yet worked out how to respond directly to a comment so am putting in names. No idea why yours was in my head?!

I have corrected/edited my original post. Should have double-checked. My bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 12:20 am

SteelCannon wrote:
I just believe there are always other factors at work as well.
Good grief, you really are a plodder if you think those words make anything better. Do you really think that any fan who has a differing opinion from you, DOESN'T take nuance and other factors into their consideration before arriving at a conclusion ? Even when you try to be half accommodating, your underlying bias just gives you away. Just give it a rest SC. Take a leaf out of Bob's book, and keep to the right side of the road.. You'll be happier and less fraught.

And yes, Les, he can't even remember who is saying what. I don't know how much more of this dullard stuff I can take ....... seriously. And if that sounds like an insult, it is. I've had enough of these people.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 12:24 am

SteelCannon wrote:
BAH! Totally apologise, Les Mis. I have not yet worked out how to respond directly to a comment so am putting in names. No idea why yours was in my head?!

I have corrected/edited my original post. Should have double-checked. My bad.

No problem, no need for the edit, chill, you're taking all this far too seriously party animal
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 12:27 am

Perhaps they do take other things into account...but they don't say so. And if you think I have underlying bias...good grief...you've been on this forum a lot longer than I have, read through some of the other 'dullard' stuff.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 1:02 am

Czarcasm wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Laughing

I was laughiing more at the irony of the TT quote. But I guess there are many interpretations of what actually constitutes humour. Very Happy

Or maybe he's just got feck all done...
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 1:05 am

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Apart from that, who cares ? This is an internet fans' forum where ALL Argyle fans are quite at liberty to post their feelings regarding everything Argyle, without being banned, UNLIKE Pasoti...

Err.. not just Argyle fans - PASOTI operates under an equal opportunity Banner (double-meaning intended). I'm not even thinking of myself and my red-and-white compadre Lord Tis as much the example of the Leyton Orient fan who, hilariously, was banned before he even managed to post anything!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 3:30 am

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Apart from that, who cares ? This is an internet fans' forum where ALL Argyle fans are quite at liberty to post their feelings regarding everything Argyle, without being banned, UNLIKE Pasoti...
Err.. not just Argyle fans - PASOTI operates under an equal opportunity Banner (double-meaning intended). I'm not even thinking of myself and my red-and-white compadre Lord Tis as much the example of the Leyton Orient fan who, hilariously, was banned before he even managed to post anything!

Incredible
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 3:35 am

SteelCannon wrote:
Perhaps they do take other things into account...but they don't say so. And if you think I have underlying bias...good grief...you've been on this forum a lot longer than I have, read through some of the other 'dullard' stuff.

We are all biased in one way or another.

Brent out.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 4:28 am

Exactly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 4:51 am

Cheers for the patronising reply Steel Cannon.

I think we all understand now where you and Bob are coming from. You said you were "warned not to stick your head above the parapet", but you are too busy to read our side of the story.

Like I said, Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 5:12 am

Im afraid it does frank.
Warned by who ????? Hhhhmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 5:13 am

Maybe he needs a history lesson.....deepthroat ? Close the trust forum.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 6:22 am

'Let's just talk about the footie '.............

AFT joins PASOTI . The reluctant one loves a proper janner.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 8:03 am

That old chestnut ..lets talk about the football ...while Rome burns!!! Jeez nothing like the blind leading the blind
BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 8:59 am

Elias wrote:
Maybe he needs a history lesson.....deepthroat ? Close the trust forum.

Keep up Elias, he's far too 'busy' to read it.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 10:14 am

I purposely never looked at ATD's website since Saturday's game as I was thinking there would be a lot of hysteria on here after that result and bugger I was right.

In regard to the Thread title, first half shit, second half a lot better but not good enough.

As for the rest of it, for instance over the season we've gone from Reid being a lazy bugger, to best striker in the league and now he's feigning injury.

Inevitably it's all Brent's fault because he's set the budget too low, well what is the budget so we can make an assessment

Brent's appointed Adams with an agreed budget (whatever that is)

Adams has brought in some quality players with I suspect (no evidence ) on decent salaries for L2, resulting smaller squad.

Injuries have without doubt affected us, are all these players feigning injury or was that leg brace Carey was wearing on Saturday imaginary ?

Another comment was the head of the tree sets the tone, well to some extent that is correct, however in my managerial experience I also place a great expectation on employees also being responsible and accountable for their actions.

Are the remaining players not trying ? I don't believe that to be true, there's a quality issue with the fit players and what appeared to me there's also a confidence issue.

Just to be clear I'm no Brent apologist nor for anybody else within our club, but if Adams is the manna from jock land we all seem to think he is then we'll see just how good our judgement is over the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next