sufferedsince 68
AstiSpumante
Chemical Ali
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 7:24 pm

Sturtz wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
This is a better clip- its a pity they didn't show the Barn Park End after Marino's second went in (Home Park game) as it was empty with 30 minutes to go-[/youtube]

Ha ha ! Love it when you beys bring up the distant past to prove how good you are! Drag out the parchments describing how Denzil Pentrubshaw rose above the Exeter defence to twart the City glovesman why don't you?

I only come on here when I think we have a chance of winning and to be honest, after seeing how our team is developing, I think we can replicate our recent success in the JPT at Gnome Park.

Regards to Lord Tis, Motorservices and all the other exiles from the porkey influenced Exeweb and tosspotty, you're better off out of it!

See you at the match chums!

Sturtz I miss your pictures, get some done for the JPT. Your history of argyle was very good.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 8:03 pm

Motorservices wrote:
i think Commute and catchment are to very different things, i doubt anyone would travel from say Bude to plymouth for work (ok maybe a few) but lots travel to watch football, i travel from Tavi, via Plymouth to watch City but i wouldnt work in Exeter as the commute would put me off

I think we can agree plymouth is safely more than twice the size of Exeter, yet home gates are just under twice ours
Agh ... but Motor my friend when you're flying high, which I will grant you has happened, your crowds top about 5K. If we maintain current form and position our crowds will hover around 12K + there there
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Elias wrote:
Blimey, may make the club 100k  from this game

Oh dear, did you not realise that you have to split the gate?

Also D&C Police will have choppers, horses, dogs etc which won't come cheap.
I'm certain I've seen police women there? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 8:31 pm

tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
i think Commute and catchment are to very different things, i doubt anyone would travel from say Bude to plymouth for work (ok maybe a few) but lots travel to watch football, i travel from Tavi, via Plymouth to watch City but i wouldnt work in Exeter as the commute would put me off

I think we can agree plymouth is safely more than twice the size of Exeter, yet home gates are just under twice ours
Agh ... but Motor my friend when you're flying high, which I will grant you has happened, your crowds top about 5K. If we maintain current form and position our crowds will hover around 12K + there there  

Yes maybe so, like i said plymouth is MORE than Twice the size of Exeter, if we get 5K you should be getting 14k ish to have the same % as us, fact is per person in the city argyles support works out to be less than ours, tbh it matters little, we seem to get more for our money than you lot get

Now on to a big club, how is it fair to compare say Accy with Pompy? you cant, the difference in gate income is massive, so if accy finish 1 point above pompy could it be said that Accy have done far better with the money they have?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Yes maybe so, like i said plymouth is MORE than Twice the size of Exeter, if we get 5K you should be getting 14k ish to have the same % as us, fact is per person in the city argyles support works out to be less than ours, tbh it matters little, we seem to get more for our money than you lot get

Now on to a big club, how is it fair to compare say Accy with Pompy? you cant, the difference in gate income is massive, so if accy finish 1 point above pompy could it be said that Accy have done far better with the money they have?
We'll complete this banter in a few weeks - face to face!!!!! Now - where did I put that poster about free bacon sarnies laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 1:18 am

Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Lol

When did you last get 5k?

About 3k at the last count mate.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 8:58 pm

ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Lol

Opening day of the season you clown

when did you last get 14K???

fcuking retard
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 8:59 pm

tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

We'll complete this banter in a few weeks - face to face!!!!! Now - where did I put that poster about free bacon sarnies laugh

cool, ive moved up the estate into a new unit now dude, instead of turning left carry on down the hill, then halfway up the other side take the first left and im right in front of you Smile
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:01 pm

Motorservices wrote:
ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Lol

fcuking retard

Dear oh dear, any need for that ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:26 am

Motorservices wrote:
ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Lol

fcuking retard

So one isolated gate is now the ECFC crowd? Good one!

Your last home game was marginally over 3,000, as in your real level.

Argyle had over 14,000 several times last season. Exeter at home, Wycombe at home. Argyle will have 11-13,000 for Rovers and Pompey.

Big club. Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:02 pm

ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Lol

fcuking retard

Argyle had over 14,000 several times last season. Exeter at home, Wycombe at home. Argyle will have 11-13,000 for Rovers and Pompey.

Big club. Thanks/OK

A playoff game will always be a bigger than normal crowd, then you lot sink back to under 7K, Hartlepool will never be a big draw, like i said for the size of our City we get a better % through the gates

Nice to see you understand that playing us is YOU'RE cup final
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Top bants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:12 pm

Don't forget that we are a sleeping giant MS, there's a few thousand of us boycotting Jim bob whilst he's here, plus about another 5k who only turn up when we start winning, even with our full time support we knock yours into a crocked hat, you can't argue with the figures bhey.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:31 pm

Iggy wrote:
Don't forget that we are a sleeping giant MS, there's a few thousand of us boycotting Jim bob whilst he's here, plus about another 5k who only turn up when we start winning, even with our full time support we knock yours into a crocked hat, you can't argue with the figures bhey.

i do agree they turn up when the times are great, but in the last 8 years they havent bothered, which tbh is a very sad state of affairs, some try and claim the egg chasers have had an impact on our gates, maybe they have, on the same count we have around 4K ave over the season, which isnt bad considering (one season apart) Tisdales time has been better than the norm, it goes to show that gate size doesnt mean sucessful football clubs, thats why all this bollocks about being bigger than XYZ means nothing, are you bigger than Fleetwood, yes, why are they in a higher league then you, us, portsmouth, Luton, Oxford, Orient? because they got more for there money than clubs with 3 times the budget

That said i think the gap has increased between Lg1 and the CCC and the gap between Lg2 and Lg1 has closed, but then Bournemouth has proved its not all about money and gate size, gives all smaller (ground size) clubs hope)

And ive never really understood boycotting games, the owner is never bigger than the club
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:20 pm

On a slightly lighter note, I got my ticket today and questioned why only £10, the dear lady in a rather loud tone reminded me I'm over 65! Fecking well forgot that !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:30 pm

Motorservices wrote:
ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Lol

fcuking retard

Big club. Thanks/OK

A playoff game will always be a bigger than normal crowd, then you lot sink back to under 7K, Hartlepool will never be a big draw, like i said for the size of our City we get a better % through the gates

Despite us having several 10,000 + attendances a season?

Also if our AVERAGE attendance is a shade under 7,500, when are we due to embarrassingly slide down below 7,000? Or did you make that up?

All this 'banter' from a club winning games and getting gates of 3,000. Must be pretty embarrassing for you.

Argyle are always your cup final, your biggest attendance of the season, even if you do complain of getting punched and assaulted, you still just can't stay away from the big draw in town.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 12:22 pm

Motorservices wrote:
Iggy wrote:

i do agree they turn up when the times are great, but in the last 8 years they havent bothered, which tbh is a very sad state of affairs, some try and claim the egg chasers have had an impact on our gates, maybe they have, on the same count we have around 4K ave over the season, which isnt bad considering (one season apart) Tisdales time has been better than the norm, it goes to show that gate size doesnt mean sucessful football clubs, thats why all this bollocks about being bigger than XYZ means nothing, are you bigger than Fleetwood, yes, why are they in a higher league then you, us, portsmouth, Luton, Oxford, Orient? because they got more for there money than clubs with 3 times the budget

That said i think the gap has increased between Lg1 and the CCC and the gap between Lg2 and Lg1 has closed, but then Bournemouth has proved its not all about money and gate size, gives all smaller (ground size) clubs hope)

And ive never really understood boycotting games, the owner is never bigger than the club

The answer to most of your questions is Brent. As for boycotting what other way do I have of making my absolute dissatisfaction of Brent as owner known? If everybody had rallied round Brent and we'd packed HP out every single game we'd probably have a Ministand hemmed in by Nandoes now, Brent never was and never will be fit for purpose as Argyle owner, he treats us fans with contempt and is only here for the free land and asset stripping. It causes a real dillemma for a lot of us, on one hand I want the team I've supported all my life to do well but other than four or five games a year where I meet up with a load of my old mates I would rather use the twenty odd quid on something other than prolonging the reign of someone I can't stand.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 12:30 pm

Iggy wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
Iggy wrote:

The answer to most of your questions is Brent. As for boycotting what other way do I have of making my absolute dissatisfaction of Brent as owner known? If everybody had rallied round Brent and we'd packed HP out every single game we'd probably have a Ministand hemmed in by Nandoes now, Brent never was and never will be fit for purpose as Argyle owner, he treats us fans with contempt and is only here for the free land and asset stripping. It causes a real dillemma for a lot of us, on one hand I want the team I've supported all my life to do well but other than four or five games a year where I meet up with a load of my old mates I would rather use the twenty odd quid on something other than prolonging the reign of someone I can't stand.

a little over 13 years ago we had R&L who lets face it were a completely different type of bad compared to brent, what it takes is enough of the fan base to pull in the same direction, tosspotty likes to think it has the monopoly but it doesnt, pressure needs to be put on the club, protests dont really work, on the same count seeing what has been posted on here and the figures PCC have 'lent' him PCC prob want him to stay there for aslong as possible
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 12:37 pm

ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Lol

fcuking retard

Big club. Thanks/OK

Despite us having several 10,000 + attendances a season?

Also if our AVERAGE attendance is a shade under 7,500, when are we due to embarrassingly slide down below 7,000? Or did you make that up?

All this 'banter' from a club winning games and getting gates of 3,000. Must be pretty embarrassing for you.

Argyle are always your cup final, your biggest attendance of the season, even if you do complain of getting punched and assaulted, you still just can't stay away from the big draw in town.

Mansfield 11 April 6,626 (below 7K)
AFC wombles 14 april 6,900 (below 7K and sat in the playoffs)

havent bothered to check this season, but there are two home gates less than 7K

spin that however you want, oh and if you look our ave this season is 3.8K seems we get more for our money than you do.........
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 1:12 pm

Given everything our owners past and present have done to our club I reckon 7k+ average attendances has been a pretty good effort by the supporters.

Displacement of regulars from the Demport didn't help when the ultras moved in neither did sticking the family area in Zoo corner help. Everything about Jimmy's reign has been designed to keep attendances down. The play-off semi would've seen 20k + if we could've got them in. Higher profile games would've seen higher attendances had the fair weather supporters believed they had a chance of getting a ticket or POTD.

Knocking our attendance figures really is pointless for many other reasons already stated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 1:20 pm

I think motor services misunderstands why some people boycott things. Some boycotts are communal and are intended to effect change. Personal boycotts are just that, personal. I boycott meat, but I know full well, it will have no effect on anything, outside of a butterfly's wings.

Some things are a matter of principle, or even ire. Brent is a principle thing, both for his objectives, and the deal he struck. I don't much like his obfuscation either, or the company he keeps. It's insulting. I also don't like false idols. Philanthropist indeed !   Very Happy Some people must be on recreational drugs.
I have no problem supporting the club at the odd away game, but the desire wanes when one is not involved on a regular basis. The emotional tie changes. That's a good thing, as one would probably covet something one still had a large attachment to. That would be counter productive. It's called moving on. Boycott helps that process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:30 pm

Motorservices wrote:
ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Lol

fcuking retard

Big club. Thanks/OK

Exeter's last home crowd = 3,135
Plymouth Argyle's last home crowd = 10,633
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:20 pm

ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Lol

fcuking retard

Big club. Thanks/OK

Massive gulf in crowds ejh, but = in Budgets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 10:23 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Lol

fcuking retard

Big club. Thanks/OK

Massive gulf in crowds ejh, but = in Budgets.

I'm just wondering when Argyle's crowds are going to 'inevitably slide below 7,000', not far off Exeter's apparent usual crowd of 5,000?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 9:43 am

Hi Motor, would you like to borrow a map? City via Plymouth? Why not the A30?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next