sufferedsince 68
AstiSpumante
Chemical Ali
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 10:05 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Elias wrote:
Blimey, may make the club 100k  from this game

Oh dear, did you not realise that you have to split the gate?

Also D&C Police will have choppers, horses, dogs etc which won't come cheap.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 10:56 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Elias wrote:

hmm, choppers and horses says more about the followers (there not supporters) of you're club when we visit rather than the 800 we will take

sad really that the 2010 JPT was spoiled but thugs, iirc we took around 1800 then and 2200 for the league game, it could well be we play eachother every season its no longer a big thing, it could be that because you are no longer the big fish you once were it doesnt matter as much, OR (and this is my thoughts) because of the trouble in 2010 and the trouble every game in the car park only the true hardcore fan base travel there, i will be there, knuckle dragging thugs dont put me off, BUT id never dream of taking my young son there not a chance, and on the same count if i was 20 yrs older i prob wouldnt bother

You lot seem normal enough and im not saying its you lads, but come on, only a blind man would have missed the trouble outside the ground each and everytime we play you, its all a little sad/football factory
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 12:29 am

Can understand your thoughts Motor, the TCE or whatever they are now, only turn up for the Exeter games or if any big side visits. The game is now heavily policed mainly because they were so undermanned in 2010 and it attracts the dregs of Plymouth who want trouble.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 10:19 am

Motorservices wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Elias wrote:

hmm, choppers and horses says more about the followers (there not supporters) of you're club when we visit rather than the 800 we will take

sad really that the 2010 JPT was spoiled but thugs, iirc we took around 1800 then and 2200 for the league game, it could well be we play eachother every season its no longer a big thing, it could be that because you are no longer the big fish you once were it doesnt matter as much, OR (and this is my thoughts) because of the trouble in 2010 and the trouble every game in the car park only the true hardcore fan base travel there, i will be there, knuckle dragging thugs dont put me off, BUT id never dream of taking my young son there not a chance, and on the same count if i was 20 yrs older i prob wouldnt bother

You lot seem normal enough and im not saying its you lads, but come on, only a blind man would have missed the trouble outside the ground each and everytime we play you, its all a little sad/football factory

I like your reasoning that your tinpot club not even being able to muster a sell out for an away game 40 miles away is a reflection on how small Argyle now is.

It is more a reflection of your awful, awful support my friend, and not a lot else.

Argyle would probably sell out Exeter, Torquay, or any team within 50 miles of Home Park, any night of the week in any cup you want. That's not because your small clubs are of massive significance to us, au contraire - it's more because getting on a bus for an hour to support your team really isn't that arduous to a Plymouth Argyle supporter when it comes to supporting the team.

Home before midnight and even time to make your sandwiches for work the next day, FFS.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 10:52 am

As much as I'd love to agree with you, we played them in the JPT in 2011 and only took about 300ish to SJP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 11:00 am

That was because it didnt go to general sale. I agree with MS to a point, the game has lost its novelty but at the same time we sell out our away end because we simply have better support. Compare the recent away attendances at Northampton.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 6:36 pm

TICKETS for the Johnstones Paint Trophy Devon Expressway Derby...
...are now on sale.

The second-round match will be played at Home Park on Tuesday, October 6, with a 7.45pm kick-off.

Tickets are £15 for adults, £10 for concessions and £5 for under 18s, if bought in advance.

Prices will rise by £2 across the board on match-day
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 8:37 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
As much as I'd love to agree with you, we played them in the JPT in 2011 and only took about 300ish to SJP.

Thank you Chris, it's good to see not every Garg is as thick or one eyed as EJH or Huge Twatt.

That first game was the result of years of trailing along ninety odd league places behind then catching up, three years as top dogs has made us look differently at you, you were a Championship side, now you are 4th division offal, albeit slightly less offally than you were, plus a lot of people aren't keen on running the gauntlet of your knuckle draggers.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 8:42 pm

Tgwu wrote:
...are now on sale.

The second-round match will be played at Home Park on Tuesday, October 6, with a 7.45pm kick-off.

Tickets are £15 for adults, £10 for concessions and £5 for under 18s, if bought in advance.

FFS, it is the Mickey Mouse Cup, a tenner and kids for a quid would pack the place out, unless of course the prospect of seeing the City is that big a draw for you Gargs that you don't need to cut the prices.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 8:49 pm

It would appear you're right. Brent, Wrathall and Jones think they know the market. My guess would be well, well under 10000 at that price for a silly cup, local or no. The large attendance referred to was a one-off.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Yet another example of Green Jim's true motives...........eeee gets it alright.

£10 for adults and £5 for kids/oaps would attract a healthy crowd that would more than cover the costs of any extra policing.

Greedy, shortsighted dullards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 8:39 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

Thank you Chris, it's good to see not every Garg is as thick or one eyed as EJH or Huge Twatt.

That first game was the result of years of trailing along ninety odd league places behind then catching up, three years as top dogs has made us look differently at you, you were a Championship side, now you are 4th division offal, albeit slightly less offally than you were, plus a lot of people aren't keen on running the gauntlet of your knuckle draggers.

Huge Twatt cheers Oh dear you really a knobber arent you.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 8:43 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

Huge Twatt cheers Oh dear you really a knobber arent you.

Normally I'm Corny Chris or Knobber Clump. Quite disappointed to just be 'Chris' on this occasion!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:33 am

WE ONLY TOOK 300 BECAUSE THE TICKETS WERE ONLY OFFERED TO SEASON TICKET HOLDERS!
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 12:22 pm

I agree with everything you say about how our support is vastly superior to Exeter's, but we had much more than 300 STHs. What's that, one in 10? One in 12?

I could be wrong on this but I think all members had a chance to buy a ticket. I was there and I had a white membership at the time. It's possible that I bought my ticket from a ST-holder though.

Probably more to the point, it was the JPT, we were at our absolute nadir having lost Christ knows how many games in a row, and it wasn't long since they practically relegated us at the end of the previous season at SJP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 8:19 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
...are now on sale.

FFS, it is the Mickey Mouse Cup, a tenner and kids for a quid would pack the place out, unless of course the prospect of seeing the City is that big a draw for you Gargs that you don't need to cut the prices.

Well you've got a choice!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 10:44 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
I agree with everything you say about how our support is vastly superior to Exeter's, but we had much more than 300 STHs. What's that, one in 10? One in 12?

I could be wrong on this but I think all members had a chance to buy a ticket. I was there and I had a white membership at the time. It's possible that I bought my ticket from a ST-holder though.

Probably more to the point, it was the JPT, we were at our absolute nadir having lost Christ knows how many games in a row, and it wasn't long since they practically relegated us at the end of the previous season at SJP.

Your support is certainly bigger,but then again Muff is nearly three times the size and you have all of Cornall, I don't see your swarm of moaning, whinging, knuckle dragging, fork'tads as in any way superior, FFS man, need I say more than Webb and Newall?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:52 am

Ahh Plebb and Newell, if Carlsberg did inbreds...
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 7:40 am

More like if carlsberg did tossers
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 2:30 pm

ejh wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Elias wrote:

I like your reasoning that your tinpot club not even being able to muster a sell out for an away game 40 miles away is a reflection on how small Argyle now is.

It is more a reflection of your awful, awful support my friend, and not a lot else.

Argyle would probably sell out Exeter, Torquay, or any team within 50 miles of Home Park, any night of the week in any cup you want. That's not because your small clubs are of massive significance to us, au contraire - it's more because getting on a bus for an hour to support your team really isn't that arduous to a Plymouth Argyle supporter when it comes to supporting the team.

Home before midnight and even time to make your sandwiches for work the next day, FFS.

No its more to do with our fans not wanting your thugs kicking off at them, 1800 for a JPT game and then 2200 for the league game tells its own story, both games you're fans were animals, like it or not for a City of 95K our support is good, you're town (sorry ECC granted you City status 20 yrs ago) is 3 times the size, yet you get around twice our crowd

I think you need to rething you're opinion of which club is poorly supported
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 7:03 pm

Both clubs unfortunately have morons but Motor you keep coming up with the same old story about population and I kind of agree with some of it but you really need to get your facts right

Population Statistics for Exeter

The current estimate population of Exeter is 121,800 (2013 National statistics)

The population of the wider EHOD* sub region is over 500,000, much of which falls in the Exeter travel to work area. Approximately 35,000 people commute into Exeter on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 11:03 pm

Graiser wrote:
Both clubs unfortunately have morons but Motor you keep coming up with the same old story about population and I kind of agree with some of it but you really need to get your facts right

Population Statistics for Exeter

The current estimate population of Exeter is 121,800 (2013 National statistics)

The population of the wider EHOD* sub region is over 500,000, much of which falls in the Exeter travel to work area. Approximately 35,000 people commute into Exeter on a daily basis.

i think Commute and catchment are to very different things, i doubt anyone would travel from say Bude to plymouth for work (ok maybe a few) but lots travel to watch football, i travel from Tavi, via Plymouth to watch City but i wouldnt work in Exeter as the commute would put me off

I think we can agree plymouth is safely more than twice the size of Exeter, yet home gates are just under twice ours
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 10:38 am

***DEM DERBY KLAXON***

***RELATIVE SIZE OF CITIES KLAXON***

***TROUBLE IN THE 2010 JPT KLAXON***

etc
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
This is a better clip- its a pity they didn't show the Barn Park End after Marino's second went in (Home Park game) as it was empty with 30 minutes to go-[/youtube]

Ha ha ! Love it when you beys bring up the distant past to prove how good you are! Drag out the parchments describing how Denzil Pentrubshaw rose above the Exeter defence to twart the City glovesman why don't you?

I only come on here when I think we have a chance of winning and to be honest, after seeing how our team is developing, I think we can replicate our recent success in the JPT at Gnome Park.

Regards to Lord Tis, Motorservices and all the other exiles from the porkey influenced Exeweb and tosspotty, you're better off out of it!

See you at the match chums!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 6:31 pm

***VISIT FROM STURTZ KLAXON***
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home   JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

JPT Area Quarter Final Millwall home
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next