seadog
VillageGreen
tigertony
Tgwu
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 17:00

Actually said 1 3 FFS! No points anywhere, feck off Brent.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 17:02

full time, bugger off brenty and take your knob gobblins with you.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 17:04

All over: 1v2. Hard to gauge where this puts us. Looks like Portsmouth might be potential champions (beat Championship Derby midweek) so defeat might not be such a disaster. Wimbledon, who we beat away last week, won at Crawley, suggesting they aren't the worst side in the league.

I think the home matches this month against Carlisle and Newport will give us a better idea of where Argyle are likely to finish this season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 17:06

Its all shezza's fault!geek
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 17:07

Thats my fecking bet out of the window. I called P46 W46. Another 10p down the pan.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 17:09

hippo wrote:
full time, bugger off brenty and take your knob gobblins with you.
Y
Yoom not a prapper fan, he bleeeds green! where's the Abooosh button!
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 17:25

I'd forgotten how often during a game I had cause to moan about Sawyer. Jesus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 17:35

Another club turns round, tools up, gets a proper football ethos, says sod this, and sails off past us back up to more verdant football pastures.
In the meantime, we have spotty speculator Brent and Nool the philistine squatting in Central Park. They'll be happy with the status quo. I think we can safely say we drew the short straw when it comes to administrations. Plymouth deserves what it gets. Still, as long as the previous owners are still in line to get their money back. Always nice to see a bunch of goons getting their gambling money back while they used the football club as collateral. Very Happy Feel sorry for all those fans still blindly paying for it all.

Watched a couple of matches down at Victoria Park whilst walking around Devils Point etc. One referee needed to loose a bit of weight, but he was spot on awarding a direct free kick just out side the box, despite the abuse from the touchline.
Quite a few young Pompey "beating the bounds" sort earlier in the day whilst I was in Central Park taking care of business, and, strangely later on, a paramedic vehicle driving all over the park grass after  which he decided to park up in Wake Street. Haven't these emergency vehicle people heard we have roads ?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 17:57

Reading posts here, there and everywhere, it seems that Portsmouth are basically Champions elect and will walk this terrible division with ease.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 18:02

Never mind the premier league I doubt now whether I will live long enough to see us back in league 1.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 18:04

Lots of moaning about the ref [some of it justified to be fair] but Argyle brought about their own downfall really by hesitant and seemingly disorganised defending. Not particularly impressed with Pompey first half but they ran the show in the second, the first cries of "wake up Adams" came at exactly 1617 hours. Nice finish by the left winger but Argyle didn't create many clear cut chances-don't know what happened to the new golden age of attacking football with Reid on his own up front and five In midfield unless I missed something. McCormick was MOM probably deservedly after some pretty good saves, thought Hartley was poor today, maybe playing in a back 5 last season covered up his weaknesses- maybe i'm being harsh, we'll see. Not enough today to convince that things will be any better than last season, possibly worse unless Argyle defend better-no doubt it will be said that Pompey are favourites for promotion yada dada but they didn't look world beaters to me, it'll be interesting to see how Argyle shape up on Tuesday against allegedly lesser opposition. Good gate of 11400,decent atmos but much of it regrettably came from the Pompey hordes from 45 minutes onwards.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 18:09

Portsmouth appointed a new manager gave him the backing to sign decent fourth division players which looks like handing them promotion, Argyle appointed a new manager and allowed him to sign five free transfers on one year contracts and two cheap loans out of palace and readings youth teams which should be enough to avoid relegation.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 18:12

Portsmouth were a good side and should be near the top at the end of the season. They were helped by a poor ref who gave them lots of decisions, and only booked their forward (Stockley) who appeared to smash his arm into Nelson causing some type of blood injury. Despite the ref Argyle's defensive mistakes led to the loss.

Argyle had nothing up front, Reid struggled to win/ hold up balls and wylde/ tanner were both quite weak and did little to support Reuben or get any decent crosses in. Portsmouth played a very high line and pressed Argyle when in possession which may have hindered the wide players.

I thought both penalty decisions were correct and both were stupid challenges to make in the box. Portsmouth players dived and won lots of free kicks through minimal contact so the Argyle defenders should have been wary of this.

Wylde goal was a great strike but we didn't threaten much after that despite 5 minutes of injury time.

No one really stood out for Argyle. Other than Brunt we had no serious attacking players on  the bench- we do need another wide attacking forward. Adams only made the 1 change when Nelson was injured- clearly we need more players in otherwise we will struggle to turn games around.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 19:32

Pompey look decent, but not that great. At 1-0 and 2-1 there were times when they looked frazzled but, the lovely Wylde strike aside, we lacked the quality to make them pay. If they are the best this division has to offer then I suspect we'll do okay over the course of the season but we don't look much of a team yet, with players getting isolated and ganged up on all over the pitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 20:02

MikeWN wrote:
Pompey look decent, but not that great. At 1-0 and 2-1 there were times when they looked frazzled but, the lovely Wylde strike aside, we lacked the quality to make them pay. If they are the best this division has to offer then I suspect we'll do okay over the course of the season but we don't look much of a team yet, with players getting isolated and ganged up on all over the pitch.

I don't share your optisism I'm afraid. This game showed that we still don't have a plan b and struggle when we go behind or lose a lead. Plus we don't have the players on the bench to make an impact and change a game that we sorely lacked last season due to lack of squad depth.

Very early days of course so not writing them off at all but I am hoping deal bhey addresses the squad depth before the window closes otherwise it's going to be tough going to reach the playoffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 20:03

There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever. Mr.Adams will succeed, and we'll all reap the rewards from our savour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 20:07

POI, I can't help think you will fail in your quest. Good luck though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 21:05

Just seen the result. I knew I wouldn't be surprised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 21:37

We don't really know the longer term value of this Pompey side, do we, despite the fact that they have hit the ground running at an impressive sprint.

If you come here for blind optimism then you're an idiot you won't get it. But if you actually stop, read and think, there is some very fair and interesting analysis here. SS68's point about the faith and resources allocated to two new managers is an excellent one. This ties in to the point made by Angry and Chemical Ali; the squad looks thin and there is a clear lack of options on the bench. The fact that this disappointing result and performance came after a midweek game is probably not a big surprise. Two or three injuries, which will inevitably happen over a long season (in fact 2 or 3 may be optimistic) and things could look very ropey indeed.

And you won't be reading any criticism of Freathy from me. Oh no. Personally I can only applaud the man's consistency and stickability!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 22:25

It dont take any effort argyle are a bloody joke im afraid.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 22:53

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Portsmouth appointed a new manager gave him the backing to sign decent fourth division players which looks like handing them promotion, Argyle appointed a new manager and allowed him to sign five free transfers on one year contracts and two cheap loans out of palace and readings youth teams which should be enough to avoid relegation.

As i have read here, there and everywhere, Pompey are being seen as the best team in the division and that there are no others whom will come close to the standard of play Pompey are trying. Early doors yet though, but the table should read a more interesting one after 15 games, as the separating of wheat from the chaff will be underway and you will get a clearer picture of what is what. If Pompey are top of the table or are in second spot, then good for them, but i still see the likes of Luton Town, Oxford United and Northampton Town as real possibilities of doing well this season, along with Argyle, Bristol Rovers and a few others.

Some are saying Pompey were really good, others say they were OK and a few said they were nothing special as Argyle made hard work for themselves. A very good split among the green army.

I would hope that Argyle are one of the sides in the top seven (or top ten) after 15 games. In the old days, the tables meant sod for the first few weeks of any new season. We all know that teams can start off badly, but recover greatly and surge up the table, just as we know that teams can start off well, then hit a bad patch and drop like a stone.

Argyle and ourselves know what it is like to come out running, only to crash midway through and then struggle to recapture the early season promise and finish where it did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 23:54

I agree that we don't really know the worth of the various sides yet and we need to wait and see. But the lack of an Argyle 'plan B', which can be directly related to the thin (flakey?) nature of the squad, is a worrying early sign.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Aug 2015, 01:24

VillageGreen wrote:
Reading posts here, there and everywhere, it seems that Portsmouth are basically Champions elect and will walk this terrible division with ease.
I wonder if, an identical team put in an identical performance, only wearing the kit of Burton Albion, for example, whether the reviews of them would be so glowing..?

From afar they won because of two wank decisions to foul players in our own box?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Aug 2015, 03:13

Blame the ref!!!! The fact that he sprayed white for every Pompey free kick but didn't spray for 1 of ours is almost asking that the FL/FA watch and ask a question. Never ever seen that before?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Aug 2015, 03:48

Yeah, that's right tt, it's a conspiracy. Other posters have signalled the poor performance of the ref yet stated that his poor decisions didn't make the difference. I'll probably certainly trust them, I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth Match Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next