VillageGreen
tigertony
Tgwu
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Portsmouth Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 2:08 pm

Match Officials

STEPHEN MARTIN

Justin Amey and Richard Hulme

Fourth Official Andrew Bennett

Big gate for this one, Portsmouth nearly sold out

Pompeyloyal Posted on 13/08/2015 10:33
plymouth away
Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message 

Bought 4 Plymouth tickets at 10 o'clock this morning from frogmore ticket office......don't think they are available on line anymore
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Ive heard Jervis is out! Guess its 6d then. (was 6d a tanner?)
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:07 pm

I think Pompey will be too much for Argyle, going on how they played against D&R and Derby County (which by all accounts were both good run outs).

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:15 pm

tigertony wrote:
Ive heard Jervis is out! Guess its 6d then. (was 6d a tanner?)

Correct on both accounts
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 6:10 pm

As of four hours ago

Portsmouth FC – V  Plymouth ‏@officialpompey

@dizzyboyash @IanPiper1 There are around 50 tickets remaining and another 50 family tickets

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 6:27 pm

It's always good to see a game that involves a football club that is about to take off. Even if they are sailing past us at a rate of knots. Everything points to Pompey being the next. Just like we were at the start of the century when we all crowded into the Mayflower.
This century, I remember Wigan brushing past us with Roberts and Ellington. Brighton and their silky football slaughtered us with 4 even though our little roofer Noone had a great game. Newcastle and a young Andy Caroll slotting it in effortlessly at the Devonport. Cardiff on their Dorian Gray money, with that good centre half.
And in centuries gone by  Razz  the fabulous Forest team of Woodcock and Robertson, probably one of the all time great English football teams. I seem to remember them all to be evening games under lights though.   Mmm, maybe Wigan was an afternoon game in the Winter.

I wish I were a Pompey fan now. Supposedly miraculously out of debt through a quirk of fate, jet skis and owned by a fans' trust. I would go, but I've banned myself from home games until regime change. Anyone here friendly with George Bush or Tony Blair ?.

Last edited by John Hawkins on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 6:30 pm

I suspect El Pres would be if they came to Plymouth.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 6:55 pm

We'll be completely outclassed on the pitch and completely outsung in the stands. Glad I won't be there.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 6:56 pm

Portsmouth staying in Torquay and using our new academy training ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 7:06 pm

is that true ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 7:12 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
is that true ?

Listen to his clip a couple of post up, he said Torquay training ground which is shared with us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:17 pm

I wonder how many clubs who went into admin after us will beat us to league 1? Feck off Brent you incompetent cnut.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:36 pm

Iggy wrote:
I wonder how many clubs who went into admin after us will beat us to league 1? Feck off Brent you incompetent cnut.

Just think what we would have missed out on had we not been saved. Those two glorious 0-0 draws at home to Newport. Our brave cup exit to Dorchester. Those heroic defeats against York City. Tuesday's nailbiting ding-dong against Gillingham. We should be grateful for the privilege of watching League 2 football until the end of time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:38 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Portsmouth staying in Torquay and using our new academy training ground.

Down rather early aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Left 1900hrs tonight, a swim in the morning and then training at Argyle/Torquay training ground.

Firework show on Paignton sea front tomorrow at 2145 (postponed from tonights) in they allowed to stay up.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Went to the Derby game, got in fer a fiver even tho I'm at least half a decade older than the 21 and under limit.

Didnt see any of the goals, was in the bar.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 11:36 pm

Block 12 first block to be sold out this season. 9, 10, 11 not far behind
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 5:33 am

Spoke to a Pompey supporting friend of mine yesterday who had confirmed that they had sold out.

He was very excited after seeing the first two games. The manager has brought in players who like to pass the ball and more importantly for this division CAN pass the ball. Should be a good game.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 7:14 am

Looking forward to this one got a feeling were gunna nick this one or is the inner aviva in me screaming to get out jocolor
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 7:28 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Spoke to a Pompey supporting friend of mine yesterday who had confirmed that they had sold out.

He was very excited after seeing the first two games. The manager has brought in players who like to pass the ball and more importantly for this division CAN pass the ball. Should be a good game.

Shorely give them another block?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 9:44 am

I see the club are now charging you 60p to print your own tickets. Oh and raised the transaction fees too to £1.35..... Oh and it costs more to buy a ticket online as they charge £21 instead of £20 and this is before the match day hike....

Sneaky argyle lol
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 9:49 am

Angry wrote:
I see the club are now charging you 60p to print your own tickets. Oh and raised the transaction fees too to £1.35..... Oh and it costs more to buy a ticket online as they charge £21 instead of £20 and this is before the match day hike....

Sneaky argyle lol

Its part of Jimmys saving plan for when his Trust Piggy bank runs out of cash!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 10:56 am

Angry wrote:

Sneaky argyle lol

Go look up irony Angers, if you're not too busy looking up other peoples messages. Suspect
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 11:24 am

My son has talked me into going to this one - more, I suspect down to the fact that I'll probably pay for his ticket rather him wanting to spend a couple of hours with his old man - and because it will probably be my only visit before flying south for the winter.

I'll be interested to see this new more exciting, attacking football.

Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 11:29 am

how far saith dya go plympers?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth Match Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next