seadog
VillageGreen
tigertony
Tgwu
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 3:58 am

I cant really comment on the match as i wasnt even allowed into the ground !!  apparently i was too pissed.  As if i would want to be sober to watch Argyle FFS
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 4:52 am

alannotivvy wrote:
I cant really comment on the match as i wasnt even allowed into the ground !!  apparently i was too pissed.  As if i would want to be sober to watch Argyle FFS

Swaying in the breeze and covered in pastry ! laugh

You got lucky , dear boy. I won't even try to get in until the reluctant one and his jamboys depart. It's pointless, whichever way you look at it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 4:53 am

Have to agree with you Tring, clubs a fekkin shambles. Stuff 'em..ive had enough of it all
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 7:46 am

alannotivvy wrote:
Have to agree with you Tring, clubs a fekkin shambles.  Stuff 'em..ive had enough of it all

Punchie made GOS photoshoot again. Bleddy Aviva !
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 7:53 am

That attendance was somewhat higher than most had predicted as well. Thought we might just get to five figures but very surprised at 11,400
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 9:25 am

At least we lost to make sure the floaters don't come back!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 9:51 am

alannotivvy wrote:

lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 9:56 am

What's more important is did Three Little Birds get a rousing rendition?

Done wurry bout a fing coz evry little fing gona beee alrite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 10:09 am

No yea man it didn't at all. Wasn't even sung during the match either
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 11:43 am

Angry wrote:
No yea man it didn't at all. Wasn't even sung during the match either
think it was played over the tannoy angers for about 30seconds just before KO
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 11:51 am

Yes, the PA was turned up to full volume right up until kick-off just in case the two sets of fans created an atmosphere. Marley got an airing just after Semper, which was too depressing for words.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 12:07 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Reading posts here, there and everywhere, it seems that Portsmouth are basically Champions elect and will walk this terrible division with ease.
I wonder if, an identical team put in an identical performance, only wearing the kit of Burton Albion, for example, whether the reviews of them would be so glowing..?

From afar they won because of two wank decisions to foul players in our own box?

Point taken.

Argyle were classed as the best team in League Two early doors last season, then they had that slump and the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 12:15 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

lol lol lol lol lol

Back in the day, I was always pissed at Argyle games, as were a few others. Great days which have now been and gone.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 12:41 pm

Reg green. It was played but it didn't get the fans singing or buzzing which is what I think yea man was asking.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 3:00 pm

seadog wrote:
At least we lost to make sure the floaters don't come back!

I made my annual pilgrimage and although there seemed to be some signs of greener shoots than in the last few years I shall not be tempted to dispose of 23 pounds again before I depart for sunnier climes.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 3:10 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Reading posts here, there and everywhere, it seems that Portsmouth are basically Champions elect and will walk this terrible division with ease.
I wonder if, an identical team put in an identical performance, only wearing the kit of Burton Albion, for example, whether the reviews of them would be so glowing..?

From afar they won because of two wank decisions to foul players in our own box?

Yes but after the first wank decision, which looked dodgy to me but it happened about as far away as possible from where I sit so I can't be too sure, it was all over. Pompey had the lead and didn't look much like they were about to lose it.

2 home defeats in half a week has dented the Wimbledon-inspired pre-sason enthusiasm. A third against Carlisle on Tuesday and we're in full-on potential crisis mode.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 8:16 pm

Point taken Angry, but we didn't have one last season either, and we still made the playoffs. There look to be some decent players in the first team, but they looked like they barely knew each other at times.

We shall see, but I think we're looking for an impact sub or two rather than wholesale change. I don't expect permanent signings, so they will be loans, and hopefully we won't be rebuilding again in January.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Highlights are now up
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 9:10 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Point taken Angry, but we didn't have one last season either, and we still made the playoffs. There look to be some decent players in the first team, but they looked like they barely knew each other at times.

We shall see, but I think we're looking for an impact sub or two rather than wholesale change. I don't expect permanent signings, so they will be loans, and hopefully we won't be rebuilding again in January.

Totally, they played like they'd been cobbled together in the brit at 2.45, early days I spose.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 10:03 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Point taken.

Argyle were classed as the best team in League Two early doors last season, then they had that slump and the rest is history.

No we werent, defeat against cambridge saw fans unhappy....dont recall losing at accrington going down well either !!!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Yes but after the first wank decision, which looked dodgy to me but it happened about as far away as possible from where I sit so I can't be too sure, it was all over. Pompey had the lead and didn't look much like they were about to lose it.

2 home defeats in half a week has dented the Wimbledon-inspired pre-sason enthusiasm. A third against Carlisle on Tuesday and we're in full-on potential crisis mode.

I hope DA had a few words with them after the game yesterday and they now go on to play much better against Carlisle United (my first game of the season).
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Elias wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Point taken.

No we werent, defeat against cambridge saw fans unhappy....dont recall losing at accrington going down well either !!!!

There were one or two managers from last season who said that Argyle were the best team they had played so far. My definition of early doors (in a new season) extends up to Christmas. After that, anything can happen and go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread   Portsmouth Match Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth Match Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5