Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

shezza olive branch to the brenties?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

shezza olive branch to the brenties? Empty
PostSubject: shezza olive branch to the brenties?   shezza olive branch to the brenties? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 8:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: shezza olive branch to the brenties?   shezza olive branch to the brenties? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 9:48 am

If Shez sets the team up to get some fecking shots in, giving us a fighting chance to win some fecking games, that is all the olive branch I need.

If he bottles this run in again or any worse than it currently is he needs his P45.

Warnock, Sturrock, Wotton for the run in, anyone will do.

I have been to Cheltenham twice and seen 6 Argyle goals from open play, so here's to a few more today.

I will be booing today if we play shite, just to warn Sheridan as I'm bringing a bull horn.

Last edited by ejh on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: shezza olive branch to the brenties?   shezza olive branch to the brenties? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 9:51 am

he bottles it shouldnt it be we i the players to?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: shezza olive branch to the brenties?   shezza olive branch to the brenties? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 9:59 am

Angry wrote:

The manager is responsible for the players' mentality. I haven't seen Ferguson or Mourinho teams ever lose matches through pure lack of heart. They are driven, never give up and fight to the end. Those managers didn't let their players slip or lose focus, or if it happened it was rare one off occasions. Argyle are currently struggling to get an attacking move going in three straight matches, which player is getting the blame for that? All of them? Our tactics recently have been atrocious and defensive in the extreme. That is Sheridan's fault and you have to take giant steps to avoid reaching this conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: shezza olive branch to the brenties?   shezza olive branch to the brenties? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 9:59 am

ejh wrote:
If Shez sets the team up to get some fecking shots in, giving us a fighting chance to win some fecking games, that is all the olive branch I need.

If he bottles this run in again or any worse than it currently is he needs his P45.

Warnock, Sturrock, Wotton for the run in, anyone will do.

I have been to Cheltenham twice and seen 6 Argyle goals from open play, so here's to a few more today.

I will be booing today if we play shite, just to warn Sheridan as I'm bringing a bull horn.

Good for you old chap. I've been there twice as well and Argyle lost by an aggregate of 5-2,all in one match,4-0 down at half time. What a nightmare, gallstones were playing up as well. In the 0-0 draw, the ref lost track of the time and played 55 minutes in the first half, what a numpty. Shocking game too, probably be the same today with so much at stake for both sides.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: shezza olive branch to the brenties?   shezza olive branch to the brenties? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 10:01 am

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:

The manager is responsible for the players' mentality. I haven't seen Ferguson or Mourinho teams ever lose matches through pure lack of heart. They are driven, never give up and fight to the end. Those managers didn't let their players slip or lose focus, or if it happened it was rare one off occasions. Argyle are currently struggling to get an attacking move going in three straight matches, which player is getting the blame for that? All of them? Our tactics recently have been atrocious and defensive in the extreme. That is Sheridan's fault and you have to take giant steps to avoid reaching this conclusion.

But its the players who play the game not the manager he just picks the team. If we bottle it as you say they as much as anyone are to blame for it not just the manger and/or the reluctant one the easy targets.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: shezza olive branch to the brenties?   shezza olive branch to the brenties? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 10:54 am

Criticising Sheridan for not being as good as Ferguson and Mourinho is a touch bizarre.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: shezza olive branch to the brenties?   shezza olive branch to the brenties? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 11:19 am

Bit like Ruben Reid not being as good as Harry Kane.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: shezza olive branch to the brenties?   shezza olive branch to the brenties? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 3:37 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:

Sounds like Jiimmy should sack Shez, and give the job to a young talent like you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: shezza olive branch to the brenties?   shezza olive branch to the brenties? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 7:07 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Criticising Sheridan for not being as good as Ferguson and Mourinho is a touch bizarre.

Just an example of why blaming players for 'not trying' and absolving the manager of responsibility for performances is blinkered. Players playing with commitment is part of the manager's job. Good managers don't tend to suffer from 'players not trying' so much - I wonder why?

And the good thing is, there are good managers at every level. Sturrock got 102 points at this level with routine 'blood and snotters' performances - how often did players not try for him?

Top marks for distorting a point for a reaction though. It worked!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shezza olive branch to the brenties?   shezza olive branch to the brenties? Empty

Back to top Go down

shezza olive branch to the brenties?
Page 1 of 1