pilgrimfather
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 3:50 pm

Posted by Graham Evans on Pbay.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As expected, the usual suspects trivialising it. That usually means there's more than a whiff of smoke about it.

Last edited by Person Of Interest on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Load of old cobblers.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 4:22 pm

I hope Argyle is for sale because saving us from bankruptcy, if he really did - and I am yet to be convinced that that is the case, or at least getting us out of administration - which he certainly did - seems to be about as far Brent can take us.

But you never know we might yet meet my prediction and end the season as Champions and he'll have taken us a little further.

He obviously has no intention of supplying us with a Grandstand or meaningfully investing though. As such AFT, who couldn't at present do either of those either, might as well own the club.

I've got a feeling that the next owner is more likely to reside on the Kagami-Gardner-Ridsdale-Heaney-Brent continuum than a supporter-based one though.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tgwu

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 7:49 pm

Funny, I meet a well know gentlemen from Tavvy on Friday who told me the same, He said that one serving director said that Brent was willing to sell the club (not HHP) for £2.2m. Mind you this was at the Circus.
Back to top Go down

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 8:01 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Funny, I meet a well know gentlemen from Tavvy on Friday who told me the same, He said that one serving director said that Brent was willing to sell the club (not HHP) for £2.2m. Mind you this was at the Circus.

So buying the club for 2.2 while HHP remains in place !?
That's like buying a prize bull that has had it's gonads removed.
Back to top Go down

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 8:05 pm

And that's the problem, the land has been separated from the club, Brent has played a blinder and has us well and truly by the bullocks.
Back to top Go down

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Not exactly an attractive investment to buy a club that can never get beyond League 1 then.
Maybe Brent is not the cool cat that he is cracked up to be.
Back to top Go down

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Not exactly an attractive investment to buy a club that can never get beyond League 1 then.

Quite the opposite I fear, the club may be a less attractive proposition to any potential buyer but the true value of the land that JB has either purchased on very favourable terms or been gifted by his chums at PCC means he holds all the aces in terms of either developing it himself(which looks more and more unlikely with every passing day) or 'persuading' any future owner of the club to part with large sums of money if they wish to either expand the stadium beyond ministand proportions or build some sort of development on the land themselves.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Have I seen the figure £2.2M on a thread somewhere? If I did, what was it in relation to? scratch 
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Is it the value of Brent's loans to the club and possibly the addition of what he paid to Guilfoyle's mob? (so he loses nothing on his loans but gains HHP land?)

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 10:04 pm

Got it !

In October 2011 the independent district valuer, put a valuation of £2.4M on Home Park. Now isn't that strangely close to the figure quoted in this rumour. As Graham Clark has mentioned elsewhere on these pages, that figure would now be much higher as the book value of Argyle's players on two year contracts would inflate the value of the club along with the planning permission etc. etc.

Back to top Go down

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 10:05 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Have I seen the figure £2.2M on a thread somewhere? If I did, what was it in relation to? scratch 

T&G's post on this thread at 7.49pm.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 10:12 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Quite the opposite I fear, the club may be a less attractive proposition to any potential buyer but the true value of the land that JB has either purchased on very favourable terms or been gifted by his chums at PCC means he holds all the aces in terms of either developing it himself(which looks more and more unlikely with every passing day) or 'persuading' any future owner of the club to part with large sums of money if they wish to either expand the stadium beyond ministand proportions or build some sort of development on the land themselves.

or the new owner of the club says feck you Mr Brent and PCC and moves Argyle away from home park.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 10:33 pm

Just had a peek at this rumour over on Pigsoti, the poor bloke who started the thread has been savagely attacked by what can only be described as a pack of rabid dogs!! they really don't like this type of thing over there do they  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I hope Argyle is for sale because saving us from bankruptcy, if he really did - and I am yet to be convinced that that is the case, or at least getting us out of administration - which he certainly did - seems to be about as far Brent can take us.

But you never know we might yet meet my prediction and end the season as Champions and he'll have taken us a little further.

He obviously has no intention of supplying us with a Grandstand or meaningfully investing though. As such AFT, who couldn't at present do either of those either, might as well own the club.

I've got a feeling that the next owner is more likely to reside on the Kagami-Gardner-Ridsdale-Heaney-Brent continuum than a supporter-based one though.

JB can cover loans to the club. The AFT can have a meeting, decide to consult the fans, have another meeting in two months time, vote, then possibly, rattle some buckets to raise some funds to invest in the club.

It's not quite the same.
Back to top Go down

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 10:39 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Just had a peek at this rumour over on Pigsoti, the poor bloke who started the thread has been savagely attacked by what can only be described as a pack of rabid dogs!! they really don't like this type of thing over there do they  Evil or Very Mad 

It's feeble isn't it.
Back to top Go down

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 10:46 pm

i hope it is, now we are out of admin we should attract more potential owners who are willing to invest in the club and not just line their pockets
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 9:28 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

It's feeble isn't it.

To be fair, the rumour itself is a bit feeble and comes from a poster who has a history of feeble postings, so for once, I''d have to agree with posters on there.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 9:33 am

This is true. I was told last month by someone who was offered the club. But it is well known that every single club (ok maybe not man city or chelsea) is for sale at the right price. The difference being that our club is being actively touted and with all the land asset stripped out.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 9:34 am

ejh wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

JB can cover loans to the club. The AFT can have a meeting, decide to consult the fans, have another meeting in two months time,  vote, then possibly, rattle some buckets to raise some funds to invest in the club.

It's not quite the same.

Well... JB once could cover the loans. Now he can't and Wrathall is.

There's no reason AFT couldn't have done similar - were it politically acceptable to them.

As I said he's brought us this far and appears unable to take us any further. Maybe Wrathall can?
Back to top Go down

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 9:57 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
ejh wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

JB can cover loans to the club. The AFT can have a meeting, decide to consult the fans, have another meeting in two months time,  vote, then possibly, rattle some buckets to raise some funds to invest in the club.

It's not quite the same.

Well... JB once could cover the loans. Now he can't and Wrathall is.

There's no reason AFT couldn't have done similar - were it politically acceptable to them.

As I said he's brought us this far and appears unable to take us any further. Maybe Wrathall can?

No indication the AFT couldn't foot the necessary loans to the club? I think it is virtually certain the Trust wouldn't have the resources to inject the hundreds of thousands Brent has. In terms of attracting investment, what financiers would hand over cash to a business run by rank amateurs in a notoriously risky industry?

Until Brent stabilises the club to be breaking even, the Trust are better being kept out of the picture. But the irony is a football club running at breakeven is much more valuable/attracting to new owners and investors.

So I just can't see the AFT having much of a role in actual running of this football club.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:31 am

Are people deliberately misinterpreting what I say just to wind me up?

Did you miss the bit about Brent not actually putting anything up any more? AFT could easily match that big fat zero.

I'd also suggest that AFT would not have set nonsensical budgets based on an unattainable average home crowd meaning that at some of the loans already "guaranteed" weren't needed in the first place.

Where is the indication that Brent can take us any further? He's seems to be out of money (or out of inclination to spend any of his own at any rate), the grandstand isn't going to happen, HHP isn't going to be built and Wrathall is bailing him out financially as far as the club's loans are concerned.

And AFT could refuse to put money in and stuff a begging bowl under Wrathall's nose, should it choose to do so, just as easily as Brent can.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:33 am

Did the new lease transferring the 1.22 acres ever get signed?

Without that deal the pocket of land that JB & co. own is not big enough to develop on.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:37 am

I can see a consortium on the horizon [a very distant horizon], ready to move in once they have ironed out the details with JB...

Last edited by VillageGreen on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:40 am

They joke on PASOTI regarding the story, but if there is any grain of truth surrounding it, then they will change the tune rapidly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Club For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club For Sale?   Club For Sale? Empty

Back to top Go down

Club For Sale?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next