Southborne
Freathy
Moist_Von_Lipwig
hmdr
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage

Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:28 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
So SOMEONE knows who it was but wont say typical Pasoti thing that 'i know maore than you' Basketball .

If you do know & you are CERTAIN why not share it ? prehaps you dont really know after all...........

Good to see the veil of secrecy & the secret society is still going strong at argyle.

Some are more equal than others Mad

Have you read the thread . I don't know who it,was I definitely know it wasn't any of the names mentioned on here .
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:39 pm

Good to see the veil of secrecy & the secret society is still going strong at argyle.

That is what you don't get Greengenes!

Already... Barely days into the new Argyle regime, three massive cock ups have been made.

The second cock up - Wrathell parading himself around on the pitch was sickening to some. The first cock up was somebody invited him in the first place. That person's name is now being protected for some reason. The logic goes, that if the fans find out the name they will work out why he/she is being protected?

And speaking for myself here... I suspect that amongst others, the people who know the name are the same people who "represent" the fans at all these meetings with Brent?

And this is where the third and biggest cock up is --

Now, once again, before we have even started.. Trust is beginning to erode.. You have an 'elite' few who are privvy to info and are not going to pass it on, unless they want to.. And they don't want to, because obviously someone they 'like' is going to look bad - do you think if it was me or Penzance Pirate who had invited him, there would be the current wall of silence?
Hell no... There would probably be a paid for ad by pasoti in the back of the Herald proclaiming the fact!

Like Watergate... It wasn't so much the 'crime. It was the cover up!

That's what we have here!

Why is the big question?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:50 pm

Rickler wrote:

Already... Barely days into the new Argyle regime, three massive cock ups have been made.

The second cock up - Wrathell parading himself around on the pitch was sickening to some. The first cock up was somebody invited him in the first place. That person's name is now being protected for some reason. The logic goes, that if the fans find out the name they will work out why he/she is being protected?

And speaking for myself here... I suspect that amongst others, the people who know the name are the same people who "represent" the fans at all these meetings with Brent?

Now, once again, before we have even started.. Trust is beginning to erode.. You have an 'elite' few who are privvy to info and are not going to pass it on, unless they want to.. And they don't want to, because obviously someone they 'like' is going to look bad - do you think if it was me or Penzance Pirate who had invited him, there would be the current wall of silence?
Hell no... There would probably be a paid for ad by pasoti in the back of the Herald proclaiming the fact!

Why is the big question?
Oh I don't know invent something . How,can I compete with you - you are inside my mind . Scary !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:55 pm

Rickler wrote:

Why is the big question?

Somehow I don't think that's what GG wants to hear Ricks, it doesn't fit the agenda lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 12:02 am

Infamy Infamy they've all ............
Lol !
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 1:53 am

greengenes wrote:
Oh I don't know invent something . How,can I compete with you - you are inside my mind . Scary !

greengenes wrote:
Lol !

These are the best responses you could come up with?

You're just going to sit there and bleed to death?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:29 am

Rickler wrote:
greengenes wrote:

greengenes wrote:
Lol !

These are the best responses you could come up with?

You're just going to sit there and bleed to death?

My work is done here for now . Happy Christmas all .

I have to say its hard work taking so many on on my own . I need a rest

COME ON YOU GREENS ! WE ARE PLYMOUTH ARGYLE AND WE WILL NEVER DIE

Last edited by greengenes on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:34 am

I think that sums up GG's agenda on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:37 am

GOB wrote:
I think that sums up GG's agenda on here.
We are all on the same side .

Busy family day for me now . If nothing else its been a good debate .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:40 am

Hardly a debate GG but at least it keeps the topic within focus, rightly so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:16 am

greengenes wrote:

I don't know who it was, but I definitely know it wasn't any of the names mentioned on here .

The logic and blind faith of the above statement fails me. Laughing
Great stuff GG, that's brightened up my day.

What hasn't brightened my day is it is clear now that not much has changed under this new regime. Same old self destruct Argyle culture, but then, there are few new faces. The back of the grandstand at this club has always been out of touch.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:32 am

Sorry PP I still don't get your point. No official at ARgyle invited Wrathall. Should one of the stewards physically prevented Wrathall from entering onto the pitch? Possibly, but you do not appear to be angry at the steward. I fully understand and agree with the anger at Wrathall being on the pitch but the only way to have stopped this would be to have had a banning order placed on the old Board. Maybe the Administrators, Ridsdale or Brent should have done that, maybe not, but to now blame Brent/the Club/the GTs/Pasoti/The Trust/the President for Wrathall's appearance is just wrong.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:35 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Sorry PP I still don't get your point. No official at ARgyle invited Wrathall. Should one of the stewards physically prevented Wrathall from entering onto the pitch? Possibly, but you do not appear to be angry at the steward. I fully understand and agree with the anger at Wrathall being on the pitch but the only way to have stopped this would be to have had a banning order placed on the old Board. Maybe the Administrators, Ridsdale or Brent should have done that, maybe not, but to now blame Brent/the Club/the GTs/Pasoti/The Trust/the President for Wrathall's appearance is just wrong.

Well, who did invite him then?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:38 am

All of this discussion misses the crucial point, which is WHY Wrathall wanted to be there? Has he future plans?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:39 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Well, who did invite him then?

Welcome to the site Damon and I would ask that same question as many, many others are asking, who invited Wrathal to Home Park that day?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:40 am

I am sure Wrathall wanted to be there because he is an ARgyle fan who wanted to watch a match. Just why he would go corporate and accept an invite on the pitch I dont know.

Thanks GOB. I don't quite understand the hunger for name to be 'outed'. It was a corporate who over the years has spent many thousands of pounds on corporate entertaining, sponsorship and advertising at the Ground. A well known Plymouth company whose boss made a mistake. Should they be 'punished'? Will people boycott their product? Just what will be done with the information?

Last edited by Damon.Lenszner on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:42 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I am sure Wrathall wanted to be there because he is an ARgyle fan who wanted to watch a match. Just why he would go corporate and accept an invite on the pitch I dont know.

But who invited Wrathal to Home Park that day Damon?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:46 am

So we know that none of the people accused on this site, I cannot recall anybody being accused or named mind you, is responsible or had anything to do with it.

GG knows this for a fact as does Damon, shirley this should be enough to put this thing to bed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:51 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Sorry PP I still don't get your point. No official at ARgyle invited Wrathall. Should one of the stewards physically prevented Wrathall from entering onto the pitch?

Well, now you come to mention it Damon. Yes, he should, and should have had the authority to do so. From what I have witnessed over the years, they have the authority to do virtually what they like where ordinary fans are concerned and ask questions later.

It's ludicrous to expect fans to think tat Wrathall's appearance on the pitch was a mistake. I believe this whole thing was planned from the start by someone ... it was no mistake. The only mistake was someone misjudging the mood of the fanbase.
And as Rickler has said, if Wrathall's 'sponsor' was someone not liked by the new gang, I suspect a far different tack would have been taken.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:53 am

Loose them dogs!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:54 am

PP.. you are entitled to believe whatever you want to. But this time you are wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:55 am

seadog wrote:
So we know that none of the people accused on this site, I cannot recall anybody being accused or named mind you, is responsible or had anything to do with it.

GG knows this for a fact as does Damon, shirley this should be enough to put this thing to bed.

That's exactly what I don't get and exactly why it can't be put to bed.

Ian states that Wrathal has been hard done by.

Webb backs up Ian's comments and invites Wrathal to Home Park.

There's a tide of opinion against Webb inviting Wrathal to Home Park and Webb drops his invite.

Wrathal turns up at HP following an invite from a man of mystery.

So what's the big deal here if Wrathal has been hard done by, as Ian has suggested, why this massive secrecy? Why won't you name names Damon and rid us all of our cynicism?

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:56 am

It should be seadog, but this whole calamity has opened a much greater can of worms.

One of selective information being made available to the masses.

Transparency, it appears, comes in many shades.

As a parting shot for me (well it is Christmas and I have a lot to prepare ready for tomorrow), this is from the match sposorship information on the official site..

Six representatives from your party will be invited onto the pitch to form a guard of honour for the arrival of the teams.

That list of names will have been available for all to see well before the game started?????

If so, then all this surprise and horror etc just doesn't add up!

A couple more things also don't add up. Without any concrete information being available though, conspiracy theories will abound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:06 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Six representatives from your party will be invited onto the pitch to form a guard of honour for the arrival of the teams.

That list of names will have been available for all to see well before the game started?????

If so, then all this surprise and horror etc just doesn't add up!

I can clear that up, but I'll caveat it by saying it was some years ago, and things may have changed.

I went corporate a few years ago as a guest of TaxiFast. (It was a televised game against Swansea that we lost 0-1)

Whilst there was a list of who was attending as guests, the guard of honour thing was just the sponsor saying 'right, who wants to go down onto the pitch as the teams come out.'

There was no list for that part.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:10 am

GOB - The reason I won't name names is because I will not be responsible for an over the top backlash against someone who for all his life has supported the Club, and in my time in Plymouth (12 years) has year after year been amongst the Top 5 corporate clients.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Was Wrathal at HP today
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next