Southborne
Freathy
Moist_Von_Lipwig
hmdr
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage

Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:49 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
I see the Wrathall debate has started again after he was seen at yesterday's game.

I note greenmarc has said that Devon Pine have removed their sponsorship (of Argyle), as well as two other 'close friends'. Further on page 25, Rappers mentions several companies that still paid sponsorship money into Argyle, during the administration period, one being Existem Affiliate Marketing (now Optimus Performance Marketing). I wonder if this is one of the companies who have withdrawn their sponsorship of the club as the MD, I would presume, is a friend of the Devon Pine owner, through their Green Taverners work? Just a guess, nothing more.

Optimus, the internet marketing company you talk of has Mark Russell of Green Taverner fame as Managing Director.
It all sounds to me as if the back of the grandstand gang have circled their waggons to protect a mate. Who exactly is protecting whom is up for debate.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:53 am

He should have been offered no encouragement what so ever for coming back to Home Park even as a paying fan. I'm not saying ban him but he should have been gently told to show some tact and grace and stay away for the forseeable future. Indirectly he has recently cost the club sponsorship money by his poor judgement and naivety.

His present at the game tarnishes the Brent regime in my opinion.

I believe he felt safe (and I'm not just talking about physically safe) after his partial pardon from Brent and the extended hand of welcome from the President.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:56 am

I think you will be debating with yourself. Those who know seem to have agreed to pass no further comment on the subject hoping it will all quietly go away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:02 am

My best friend Mr Newell obviously filled me in privately who invited Wrathall, as we're such buddies. Nothing to do with him wanting someone else to do his dirty work for him. He also called the person who did invite Wrathall a c**t, so if that person does read ATD, Mr Newell not only wants your name made public, not by himself obviously, but also thinks you're a c**t
Back to top Go down
hmdr

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:05 am

swampy wrote:
I think you will be debating with yourself. Those who know seem to have agreed to pass no further comment on the subject hoping it will all quietly go away.

I was thinking the same,definetly a cover up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:09 am

I personally believe the 'one person' thing is a red herring. I believe 'they' knew, both after, AND before the incident.
The truth is bound to come out at some stage, probably as the club deteriorates and they fall out amongst themselves. Someone will break ranks, they always do.
The reported withdrawl of sponsorships shows that divisions have already occured amongst this bunch. As I keep saying, the old owners' cronies won't have gone away, they're still in there scoffing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:15 am

At some point you really hope Brent will start showing some leadership, his tenure thus far has been laissez faire to say the least. 3 months in and we've still got no board of directors, although we've been told that Brent is searching for the right people. Shouldn't he have had some idea of who he would want running the show first, when its obvious he has no interest in running the club himself?

I think Postey worked out over there that there is a secretary called Jame Something who is the de-facto chief exective, which is ludicrous. I think many of the Taverners are doing much of the day to day stuff whilst Brent works out what he's going to build over there. Naturally they're delighted to be able to do this, so everyone wins except the staff and the normal fan who just wants to see a competive football team.

I am hoping January will change my mind but I'm not confident, I don't expect to see a new board anytime soon.

So much for for 'Players not Property'.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:28 am

You raise worries many of us have Tiberius. Just who is going to run this club properly while this new owner concentrates on his other one hundred jobs and property aspirations. Roy gardner showed how poor leadership can be when you've got more jobs than you can shake a stick at.
Maybe he has put too much reliance on his so called contingency plan people who haven't come up with the goods. If he doesn't steady the ship fairly soon, word will get around that the club is not out of the woods yet with all the consequent posibilities. If I were a professional player with more than one option of who I could play for, I certainly wouldn't choose to put pen to paper to come down here at the moment, let alone the actual footballing possibilities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:31 am

Didn't the FA say something like they were only cautiously accepting his takeover plans? The fact there still isn't a board or chief executive in place must be ringing some alarm bells, surely?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:35 am

A leap of faith they called it Peggy. They are keeping a close watch on us apparently.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:37 am

Maybe all will be revealed on 14th Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:50 am

penzancepirate wrote:
A leap of faith they called it Peggy. They are keeping a close watch on us apparently.

The same FA who didn't seem to have a problem with Manchester City being owned by a serial human rights abuser, I'm not expecting much.

The problem is who do you complain to? Perhaps someone from this site, my vote would be Frank, should 'engage with Brent'?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 12:19 pm

greengenes wrote:
PP if you think JB has been talking to Tony Wrathall behind the scenes you are living in cloud cuckoo land . You keep inventing excuses not to turn up .

Sorry gg (I'm sure many others would have thought the same thing). How wrong it eventually proved to be.

And, just to underline, gg was vitriolic in his condemnation of Wrathall actually regaining a place at the high table - I don't want to point any finger at him. He has always struck me as a genuine bloke.

Last edited by knecht on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 12:31 pm

An excellent quote !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Was Wrathal at HP today
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14