Go down 
+3
seadog
Greenskin
stephensdad
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Brief synopsis/ratings Empty
PostSubject: Brief synopsis/ratings   Brief synopsis/ratings EmptySat 25 Jan 2014, 17:31

Ratings:

Luke McCormick - 9 - strong performance, 2 superb saves, caught everything.

Blanchard - 3 - Still don't quite understand his inclusion.

Trotman - 6 - Should have scored, overall, ok.

Nelson - 8 - Very good performance, got us out of jail plenty.

Purrington - 7 - raring to get forward, poor passing at times though.

Boco - 5 - Lively but no end product, awful passing.

Hourihane - 5 - I don't think he had the best of days at all, poor passing, lost the ball on countless occasions.

Blizzard - 7 - surprised when he was taken off, had a strong game.

Banton - 2 - Lazy, unwilling to work, poor even when he tried.

Alessandra - 6 - he was average, didn't have an opportunity of note.

Reid - 5 - Had an alright last 15, although should have scored.

Harvey - 7 - Better in midfield, able to use his pace.
Young - 8 - good cameo, pushed us forward.
Thomas - 7 - lively AGAIN, should be starting.

Oh, and a very brief synopsis - A poor disjointed performance, no tactics, little effort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis/ratings   Brief synopsis/ratings EmptySat 25 Jan 2014, 17:39

You forgot x throbber cobi? i gave him ten out of ten on the farm match day thread! jocolor
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis/ratings   Brief synopsis/ratings EmptySat 25 Jan 2014, 18:00

The only quality in our play today was Luke in goal, the freekicks from the other Luke and Purrington. As per usual our midfield was overrun until we went 3-6-1. Could have undeservedly sneaked it at the end. Big improvement and more positive tactics required if we are to have any chance of play offs in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis/ratings   Brief synopsis/ratings EmptySat 25 Jan 2014, 18:37

Poor touch and passing are nothing to do with tactics and those were the basic skills that Argyle were lacking until Young and Harvey came on and added a measure of control to the team.Can't honestly remember a shot on or off target from Argyle up until that point,suppose there must have been some but they certainly weren't of any consequence.Cheltenham weren't that much better but McCormick did pull off a stupendous double save in the first half and the ever dangerous Cureton threatened a few times before Cheltenham opened the scoring,looked like a deflection from my angle.Young came on and smacked the post with a 30 yarder before scoring with a well placed free kick.Argyle could have won it in injury time but frankly the overall performance didn't merit that and an urgent need for a boost to the squad was very apparent.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis/ratings   Brief synopsis/ratings EmptySat 25 Jan 2014, 18:47

Thanks for the reports chaps.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis/ratings   Brief synopsis/ratings EmptySat 25 Jan 2014, 20:30

Greenskin wrote:
Poor touch and passing are nothing to do with tactics and those were the basic skills that Argyle were lacking until Young and Harvey came on and added a measure of control to the team.Can't honestly remember a shot on or off target from Argyle up until that point,suppose there must have been some but they certainly weren't of any consequence.Cheltenham weren't that much better but McCormick did pull off a stupendous double save in the first half and the ever dangerous Cureton threatened a few times before Cheltenham opened the scoring,looked like a deflection from my angle.Young came on and smacked the post with a 30 yarder before scoring with a well placed free kick.Argyle could have won it in injury time but frankly the overall performance didn't merit that and an urgent need for a boost to the squad was very apparent.

Pretty much sums for me above.My main concern is midfield when Thomas and Harvey linked up we improved big time also some on here might not like it but we missed Gurrieri. Still not sure about Trotman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis/ratings   Brief synopsis/ratings EmptySat 25 Jan 2014, 20:58

Pitbull wrote:
Ratings:

Hourihane - 5 - I don't think he had the best of days at all, poor passing, lost the ball on countless occasions.

Oh, and a very brief synopsis - A poor disjointed performance, no tactics, little effort.

I wonder if forza nerde on twitter will be posting him pictures of hairdryers up skirts now? fao of any mod reading this that was as clean as i could make it lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis/ratings   Brief synopsis/ratings EmptySat 25 Jan 2014, 21:28

How long are some going to use the 'he isn't match fit' tag line to defend Banton, or the other commonly used one is 'he's under a lot of pressure'.

Refusing to run from the 1st minute isn't due to 'a lack of match fitness'.

Granted, when Banton signed, I was pleased, I wasn't part of the 'all bow down to Banton' brigade however, and a sense of perspective was needed, something X isle provided on the topic, pleasure at the signing, but caution about getting to excited.

Jason came in last season and pretty much took the world on by himself, now, we have much more of a team, and a 'passing' game, therefore what he did last season, he cannot do this season.

Right, now on to the main points. 'Match fitness' is about a player not being fit enough to keep up with play, or fit enough to play the 90, or perhaps just not strong enough in some tackles, you can still put in full effort when you are not match fit, Thomas certainly did when he came in, as did Lavery, Banton has not.

There's a big difference between match fitness, and laziness, unfortunately, during his first 3 matches, especially today, he has looked nothing but lazy, and even when he tries, it's little more than a jog with the ball before loosing it.

His play off the ball is quite frankly awful, he never really seems to go looking for it like Gurrieri (granted, Banton does have more skill), he stands around doing absolutely naff all, perhaps the only player who just doesn't seem to break in to a sweat.

I feel let down by Banton so far, I thought, in signing permanently, he'd be hungry and really up for it, I'm afraid that just isn't the case. Last season, yes, we all knew he could be a bit lazy, but he was still more energetic and interested than he is now, and frankly, he just looked a much better player in general. So far, I just haven't got excited when Banton's got the ball, in fact, I've groaned a bit.

I worry his poor attitude is having a negative effect on the team in general, because it's certainly having a negative effect on our forward play, our moves seem to completely stall and die out if and when Banton receives the ball.

The 'keep calm and pass to Banton' thing simply isn't going to cut it, when we are in the top half, and have a much better side than we did last season.

Banton's pre match tweets always go on about being "buzzing" and "up for it", I wish the spirit in his tweets would reproduce themselves, but in how he actually plays.

He took a bit of stick today in terms of moans and groans from the fans, and that'll just get worse unless he really pulls his finger out, because so far, Gurrieri, Alessandra, Thomas and even to a tiny extent Boco, look more effective than him, certainly in terms of effort and desire anyway.

Come on Jason, pull your finger out, and start using the quality we know you have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis/ratings   Brief synopsis/ratings EmptySat 25 Jan 2014, 21:42

Pitbull wrote:
How long are some going to use the 'he isn't match fit' tag line to defend Banton, or the other commonly used one is 'he's under a lot of pressure'.

Refusing to run from the 1st minute isn't due to 'a lack of match fitness'.

Granted, when Banton signed, I was pleased, I wasn't part of the 'all bow down to Banton' brigade however, and a sense of perspective was needed, something X isle provided on the topic, pleasure at the signing, but caution about getting to excited.

Jason came in last season and pretty much took the world on by himself, now, we have much more of a team, and a 'passing' game, therefore what he did last season, he cannot do this season.

Right, now on to the main points. 'Match fitness' is about a player not being fit enough to keep up with play, or fit enough to play the 90, or perhaps just not strong enough in some tackles, you can still put in full effort when you are not match fit, Thomas certainly did when he came in, as did Lavery, Banton has not.

There's a big difference between match fitness, and laziness, unfortunately, during his first 3 matches, especially today, he has looked nothing but lazy, and even when he tries, it's little more than a jog with the ball before loosing it.

His play off the ball is quite frankly awful, he never really seems to go looking for it like Gurrieri (granted, Banton does have more skill), he stands around doing absolutely naff all, perhaps the only player who just doesn't seem to break in to a sweat.

I feel let down by Banton so far, I thought, in signing permanently, he'd be hungry and really up for it, I'm afraid that just isn't the case. Last season, yes, we all knew he could be a bit lazy, but he was still more energetic and interested than he is now, and frankly, he just looked a much better player in general. So far, I just haven't got excited when Banton's got the ball, in fact, I've groaned a bit.

I worry his poor attitude is having a negative effect on the team in general, because it's certainly having a negative effect on our forward play, our moves seem to completely stall and die out if and when Banton receives the ball.

The 'keep calm and pass to Banton' thing simply isn't going to cut it, when we are in the top half, and have a much better side than we did last season.

Banton's pre match tweets always go on about being "buzzing" and "up for it", I wish the spirit in his tweets would reproduce themselves, but in how he actually plays.

He took a bit of stick today in terms of moans and groans from the fans, and that'll just get worse unless he really pulls his finger out, because so far, Gurrieri, Alessandra, Thomas and even to a tiny extent Boco, look more effective than him, certainly in terms of effort and desire anyway.

Come on Jason, pull your finger out, and start using the quality we know you have.

i feel it does have match fitness at the forefront of his form at the moment but if he isnt trying then that is another matter and one JS will have to clamp down on. The fanclub of his have done him no favours massaging his ego. If what i was told last weekend was true then i am seriously worried about their influence at the club.  popcorn 

Still its early days if he has improved soon then its time to start asking questions.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis/ratings   Brief synopsis/ratings EmptySun 26 Jan 2014, 18:21

Pitbull wrote:
Ratings:

You speak f*cking shite Cobi. McCormick could literally do anything and he'd get at least an 8. Yesterday he was OK. Awful positioning for the goal and shouldn't have been beaten from there.

Amazing how low both Blanchard and Banton's ratings are when Reid gets a 5?!

Also Blizzard a 7? and Boco a 5? He dances around and really doesn't do anything & as for Boco he is the worst player we've had for a while..

Luke Young needs to start in the middle alongside Conor. Get Thomas starting up top alongside Banton en'all.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis/ratings   Brief synopsis/ratings EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014, 12:19

What? I've criticized home over the last 2 matches for dodgy performances? The vast majority of fans would agree, he gave an excellent performance on Saturday. So making a spectacular save and 2 other very good saves is 'ok'? Do you really think we could get better? Also, the shot was likely to be going wide anyway, hard for any keeper when it takes a deflection.

Banton was a joke, lazy, arrogant, lost the ball every time he got it.

Young can't start games, excellent from the bench, p*ss poor if he starts.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis/ratings   Brief synopsis/ratings EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014, 13:04

Just what we need match ratings from a political swinger i mean what game are you watching ?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis/ratings   Brief synopsis/ratings EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014, 14:58

Pitbull wrote:
What? I've criticized home over the last 2 matches for dodgy performances? The vast majority of fans would agree, he gave an excellent performance on Saturday. So making a spectacular save and 2 other very good saves is 'ok'? Do you really think we could get better? Also, the shot was likely to be going wide anyway, hard for any keeper when it takes a deflection.

Banton was a joke, lazy, arrogant, lost the ball every time he got it.

Young can't start games, excellent from the bench, p*ss poor if he starts.
I agree that McCormick did very well on Saturday but think this 'Young can only start from the bench' thing is becoming a myth very fast. Out of all the games he started this season, I can only recall one going badly (even then he got an assist).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis/ratings   Brief synopsis/ratings Empty

Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis/ratings
Page 1 of 1