Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Player ratings/comments

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Player ratings/comments Empty
PostSubject: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:30 pm

First off all, my MOTM goes to Edgar Davids, dictated the midfield, great vision and speed.

As for our side:

Cole - 8 - Didn't really make a mistake, goal wasn't his fault, made a crucial point blank save at the end.
Blanchard - 6 - Was at fault for the barnet goal but then put in a good performance, I don't really want him at RB.
Branston - 5 - Not as solid as usual, a few dodgy moments but a few crucial blocks etc
Charles - 7 - Solid.
Bhasera - 8 - Very good today, back to his usual self.
Hourihane - 8 - Well I'll be damned, he did a very good job, always looking to go forward, what a goal.
Cox - 5 - I can't actually remember him touching the ball but I can't remember a mistake either.
Gurrieri - 6 - He never gives an opposition player a moments peace, did little on the ball though, great effort.
Murray - 7 - For once I saw a lot of effort, took his goal well.
Reid - 2 - Useless, is he ever going to score or even get a chance to score?
Banton - 6 - had a good first half but looked tired by Half time.

Young - 5 - Didn't see much of the ball but no mistakes.
PCH - 6 - Certainly played a big part in keeping the ball in the corner during stoppage time.
Ugwu - 4 - had a great chance, hesitant.

Good win
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 7:11 pm

We're certainly short in defence at the moment, with Nelson, Berry and Lowry all injured. Hopefully one of them will be back soon to replace Blanchard.

Obviously that was a must win, but we have some tough fixtures coming up. We just need to try and get above Torquay and York who are currently in free fall, and we might be able to scrape over the line this season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:43 pm

The fact that you don't remember Cox making a mistake was because he didn't and your numerical score is totally wrong. He went about his job quietly but totally efficiently in my book and it was a surprise to me he was taken off. Murray on the other hand was ineffectual for most of the game apart from the fact he managed to score which deflects from his overall performance. As for Reid well a lot seemed to want to get on his back. He was left isolated a lot of the time with nothing much to do with the ball even if he won it. Yes he scuffed a couple of chances he had which does show a lack of confidence but 2 is harsh. Where was the midfield backing him up?

This was an overall decent performance by Argyle without anyone getting carried away with it. The whole team as a unit did pretty well today with my MOM being Hourihane by a whisker. Given the great goal he scored and the fact he was combatting Davids in midfield is what edges it for me. He gave Davids a game today. Funny old game this opinion lark isn't it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments Empty

Back to top Go down

Player ratings/comments
Page 1 of 1