Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Player ratings/comments

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Player ratings/comments Empty
PostSubject: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:32 pm

RO - 9 - Was worried when I saw Cole had picked up an abdomin strain, but was proved wrong. RO had a solid game, he was able to make two very good saves in either half and caught nearly everything he could, unlike cole, he was not rooted to his line.
Berry - 7 - Was a tricky pitch to play on, but I thought both full backs did well and made some vital blocks and clearances.
Blanchard - 8 - once again, a pivital part of our defence, those who think he should be moved to midfield are nuts.
Purse - 8 - same as blanchard, very sold throughout.
Williams - 6.5 - He did ok, the reason not as high as others is he tended to slip a bit in the second half, did very well in the first I thought
Macdonald - 8 - very good today, good work down to the right for the goal, always looked dangerous, unless injured, taking him off was a big mistake.
Wotton - 6 - poor in the first half, better in the second, some decent defending.
Walton - 6 - better than usual, few to many mistakes but did fine at the back.
Bhasera - 5 - I really don't like having Baz on the left wing, he was playing the game two steps ahead of Williams and never went forward
Chadwick - 6 - not terrible, didn't really do much, held up the ball.
Feeney - 8 - good, chased down everything, loved how long it took him to leave the field when subbed lol

Fletcher - 7 Did well in the defence, didn't win much in attack but his size really does help in the box.
Tsoumou - 4 - Sorry, not good enough today.
Hourihane - 7 - won a couple free kicks in the small time he was on the pitch

A game which Aldershot deserved to win, but I am delighted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Zero and shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:04 pm

Game rating ......1

I see on Pasoti that most are lauding him (Fletcher) as the right choice for manager next season.
Unbelievable......Aviva till the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Etoile d'or (that is your actual French, that is) to Romain Larrieu. Not only has he clearly kept himself as fit as ever since his elevation to the dug out, but he also pulled off an amaaaaaaazing save in the first half.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:55 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Game rating ......1

I see on Pasoti that most are lauding him (Fletcher) as the right choice for manager next season.
Unbelievable......Aviva till the end.

Agreed it was not pretty. But it was effective.I must be fair to Fletcher and state that,as one who wanted him sacked after the Stourbridge and Gillingham games,he has proved me wrong in carrying out a dour but successful survival operation.In the past,people like Pulis and Beattie [for those with very long memories] have carried out similar jobs and have received due credit for it,so it is only right to acknowledge that Fletcher has achieved-a record of 43 points from 33 games is not to be sniffed at,especially in the dire circumstances that the club found themselves.It remains to be seen if he is the man for the long term-it would be the right decision morally but i guess that doesn't really enter the equation.I'd be inclined to give him a chance next season,we shall see if Mr Brent and co are of the same opinion or,indeed,if Fletcher wants to be the Argyle manager.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Peggy wrote:
Etoile d'or (that is your actual French, that is) to Romain Larrieu. Not only has he clearly kept himself as fit as ever since his elevation to the dug out, but he also pulled off an amaaaaaaazing save in the first half.

Agreed Pegs, that reflex save at the Dem'port end was right out of the top drawer. He was also true to form in the 2nd half though, when one of his clearances came off his boot at 45 degrees straight into the Lyndhurst. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Agreed Pegs, that reflex save at the Dem'port end was right out of the top drawer. He was also true to form in the 2nd half though, when one of his clearances came off his boot at 45 degrees straight into the Lyndhurst. Very Happy

Do not give him all the credit it was wind assisted Basketball
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Walton 6 - Better than usual??????????? No he fecking wasn't he was as "bad" as usual. No skill, no guts and as petulent as ever with the opposition and his supposed team mates. Walton 6? I would give him 3 for turning up in the right kit and on time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Agree with the OP about Romain - a vintage performance from Le Keeper.

Can't agree with much else though. Didn't think any of the outfield players put in more than a 5/10 performance. We won, though, and that's what matters right now.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:22 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Walton 6 - Better than usual??????????? No he fecking wasn't he was as "bad" as usual. No skill, no guts and as petulent as ever with the opposition and his supposed team mates. Walton 6? I would give him 3 for turning up in the right kit and on time.

You really have got a problem haven't you.
Try getting a seat that faces the pitch it can help I promise you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Absolutely spot on gasser9 I do have a problem with Walton. He is never a footballer is my problem with him and he is in my team. Are you his love child by any chance?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:15 pm

Think Block 4 is somewhat genorous in his scoring-the only performances of note were Larieu who pulled off a couple of terrific reflex saves, and looked fit and confident.Purse was excellent throughout reading the game well and being in command and Blanchard again in the right place and looking safe.Macdonald did well for his enthusiasm and of course the goal.Otherwise a poor game and Argyle performance-but hey we won so who gives a shit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Had the result been 0 - 1 rather than 1 - 0 I wonder how the performances would be scored then? It is amazing how tilted opinions can be when the result goes the right way irrespective of the overall standard. If Blanchard doesn't get player of the season then we will know it is a complete fix
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:03 pm

For me Darren Purse should be player of the season.Blanchard is playing well because he has a good mentor alongside him,which is something he didn't have at Tranmere.Purse is a class act at this level,and it shows week in week out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:18 pm

I don't disagree that Purse was what we needed and is a decent CH but I prefer to think that he and Blanchard complement each other rather than give credit for ones performance to the other. Blanchard has stood out like a rose all season for me in a team of flowers of dubious description with a sprinkling of weeds thrown in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:01 pm

Walton can be quick when he wants to.........earlier in the season some of the PASALB lads where surprised to find that he beat them to the London train,showered and changed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player ratings/comments   Player ratings/comments Empty

Back to top Go down

Player ratings/comments
Page 1 of 1