Mock Cuncher
stephensdad
Rickler
Elias
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Banton (some concerns) Empty
PostSubject: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:06 pm

Hate to be a downer, as I was more excited than anyone about the 18 month contract.

But in wondering where he is going to fit in tomorrow, I can't help but worry.

a) He is nowhere near match fit.
b) He is greedy.
c) Reid is our main man now, and he NEEDS to be prioritised in our forward play.

Can Jason Banton accept the new order?

Taking the ball and not passing, trying audacious 30 yard efforts - if they don't go in, I can see him seriously ruffling some feathers.

Possibly best to bench Banton for at least an hour - give the team in form a chance to shine, and let the prodigal son see how far we've come since he left.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:09 pm

No fee but a hefty sell on clause  affraid is more of a concern, he could score 15 goals by May and get flogged for 500k wonder how much of that we'd get ??????????????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Elias wrote:
No fee but a hefty sell on clause  affraid is more of a concern, he could score 15 goals by May and get flogged for 500k wonder how much of that we'd get ??????????????????

Those kind of clauses give us less intention to sell.

I get the impression Banton is a bit of an egomaniac - not necessarily in a bad way. He loves to be the star match winner and he needs to he loved by his fans and his manager and his teammates for doing it.

What Championship club has a player like him, will build build a team around him, and will tolerate his misgivings? MK Dons are just one club that didn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:11 am

he could turn out to be a flop..

Smile 
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:25 am

Angry wrote:
he could turn out to be a flop..

Smile 

This concept doesn't seem to have been thought about at all by a lot of people. He is seen to be the answer to all our goal scoring problems. He has shown evidence he could be. But then again... It might have just been a lucky flash in the pan - a sort of extended 'Chadwick' moment.

If he doesn't score soon and with regularity the cheers will turn to Jeers.

Fingers crossed he has still got his touch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 2:02 am

more of a winger then a forward but you live and learn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 6:24 am

It's called optimism. Those that have seen him play also have a fair idea that he's head and shoulders above what we have here already. That's progress. We've won a fair amount of games recently and this signing is building on success. It's 100% posotive regardless of a sell on clause.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 6:45 am

Optimism...  I agree.  I don't think I've seen a negative word said about him.

That must be some sort of 'first'!
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 8:06 am

ejh wrote:
Hate to be a downer, as I was more excited than anyone about the 18 month contract.

But in wondering where he is going to fit in tomorrow, I can't help but worry.

a) He is nowhere near match fit.
b) He is greedy.
c) Reid is our main man now, and he NEEDS to be prioritised in our forward play.

Can Jason Banton accept the new order?

Taking the ball and not passing, trying audacious 30 yard efforts - if they don't go in, I can see him seriously ruffling some feathers.

Possibly best to bench Banton for at least an hour - give the team in form a chance to shine, and let the prodigal son see how far we've come since he left.

I can understand your concerns but I feel after his experience at MK it could work to our advantage. He may well feel he has to prove to himself again he can still produce. He may have been brought down a peg or two with Palace and MK not wanting him. I am hoping he will really knuckle down and show us the talent he obviously possesses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 8:48 am

He's a fooks site better than players we already have, I don't know what else JS can do to strengthen the team?  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 9:14 am

Didn't one current member of the squad have a go at Banton in the meeja after his loan spell ended last year?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 10:01 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Didn't one current member of the squad have a go at Banton in the meeja after his loan spell ended last year?

I think that was Branston. I think he was angry because his name was so similar.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 10:56 am

knecht wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

I think that was Branston. I think he was angry because his name was so similar.

Yes, I heard he got in a bit of a pickle over Banton. Laughing 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:21 pm

Branston looks like a lego man
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Nah that's Youngy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:17 pm

Every Signing is a gamble that can go either way no matter how good player is. Jason will need a bit of time to blend in again and get his match fitness up to scratch but i am sure he can make a positive impact.

It will be a vitally important job for John to keep his feet on the ground the sycophant fans can help with this by not telling him he is messi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 9:07 pm

Can't say I didn't call it! Banton didn't seem at the races today. Clearly not match fit is he?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 9:57 pm

Entirely off the boil today. Would have probably been better in the middle but even so wasn't fit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 10:04 pm

should have come on in the second half but i guess there would have been a riot if Banton didnt start today you know how those fv idiots are like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 10:16 pm

I was pleased with Banton's second debut.

He isn't up to match speed yet but beat his fullback 4 or 5 times and rolled the ball across the 6 yard box to set up chances.

He has the skill to go past a player without seeming to try.

We haven't had that on our books since Akos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 9:29 am

Another positive I noticed is that Southend had two players on him at all times - that frees up other players in space. Managers will employ that tactic against him so even if he doesn't put in man of the match performances every game, it's a tactical advantage for the rest of the team.
He isn't fit yet but he's better than Boco, Gurieri, Allesandra and Young.

Welcome back Bants! The Westcountry Ronaldo.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:38 am

It's a valid point hairy makes about the opposition having two men on a potential danger man.

Bantons fitness will build. He'll do well for us I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 9:31 pm

Once hes match fit he will be fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 10:18 pm

I sort of disagree with that one Hairy. To cover a known tricky wide player with two players is bulk standard football practice, even in some park football, and is effected very quickly for a very few seconds. It in no way means the opposition has "lost a player". Dodgy Aviva maths, that one. Best stick to yer English.

For all we know, word got round L2 last year about Banton's occasioned ability to go past a player. It doesn't take long.
Southend are obviously well drilled defensively under Brown so one might hope not all managers will be quite so on the ball. Successful wide play can be a fickle thing. Kevin Hodges was wonderful for 2 or 3 seasons ghosting past players, yet once he was twigged, he sort of lost his edge and had to change his game. He was never so effective again. Time will tell and fitness is, I agree, a factor.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:12 pm

A lion does not concern itself with the opinion of sheep
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banton (some concerns)   Banton (some concerns) Empty

Back to top Go down

Banton (some concerns)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next