Dougie
Ken Adams
Tringreen
Czarcasm
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Not a bad match that, neither team really deserved a win.

Shocking defending for their goal should've closed down the ball long before it got to a shot.

Nice to hear the boos and chants against McCormick drowned out by cheers. Rightly or wrongly he's our player and he's getting support.

Aygemang is a beast!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Why did I have to watch the second half??

Dire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Shocking defending for their goal should've closed down the ball long before it got to a shot.

Nice to hear the boos and chants against McCormick drowned out by cheers. Rightly or wrongly he's our player and he's getting support.

Aygemang is a beast!

Quality player,
The only glimmer of class in a route 1 shitefest.
Glad i wasnt there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:43 pm

I thought that Reid was a real handful, Young wasn't too bad and Hourihane had a good game, we put ten times as many crosses in the box than against Rovers, don't look bad enough to go down but playoffs look way way away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:59 pm

Iggy wrote:
I thought that Reid was a real handful, Young wasn't too bad and Hourihane had a good game, we put ten times as many crosses in the box than against Rovers, don't look bad enough to go down but playoffs look way way away.
I think you're spot on there, playing like that we'll stay up but we're no where good enough to do anything else in this league as it stands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:01 pm

It wasn't too bad for league 2. What it does show is that pompey have some good players for this league but not a great team and we will struggle to score every week.

Reid was ok as usual, Hayes was shocking and should be hung or sent back to Brentford, Bocco is shit as is Alessandra and Harvey looks promising but not league standard yet.

We need one or two more strikers who can score plus a winger and a half decent attacking midfielder or two before we would challenge for promotion. That's at least three years in my book before we can start thinking about going up.

Only 8700 with over 1500 away fans for our "big" game of the season is worrying but you can't blame fans for not wanting to pay out good money to watch shit when it's on tv.

Its now 7 games without a win and a long away trip to Hartlepool next. If we lose that I can see the home game against Newport having less than 6k And if we've lost at Hartlepool then another season battling relegation beckons.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:08 pm

One point from a six pointer with just 8742 in for your other cup final, big club my arse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:10 pm

Still loads more than you'll get for Pompey or anyone else come to that.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:10 pm

Apart from Luke hoofing it up the field at every opportunity, I was pleasantly surprised to see Argyle at least 'trying' to play.

Save Wotton and Branston for dark, midwinter away days. Their type is not the future.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:28 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Now come on Rab be fair, Sid James don't hold that many any more, but on the other hand we don't claim to be a "big club".
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Angry wrote:
For the love of god Sheridan get Reid off the pitch!!!
Try getting your chair facing the tv rather than the garden.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Now come on Rab be fair, Sid James don't hold that many any more, but on the other hand we don't claim to be a "big club".
I must admit i found Gordon Sparks besmirching the Home support last Saturday a tad nauseating,but that's probably more to do with my i disdain for the creep.
I dont get hung up over attendances in L2 , it is like 2 Ethiopians arguing about who is the skinniest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:53 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Aygemang is a beast!
Quality player,
The only glimmer of class in a route 1 shitefest.
Glad i wasnt there
I was glad you weren't there too. First half was really entertaining and we played some good football. You have no idea what you are posting sometimes but then, armchair fans expect Barcelona.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Youuuuuuuummm naaaaaaaaaaaaat praaaaaaaaaaaaper faaaaans
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 4:08 pm

You aren't though. It was an entertaining football match. We played very well in the first half. Why you can't just concede that, I don't know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 4:13 pm

I thought it was ok. An entertaining game, particularly in the first half and a draw was a fair result. We looked better when we tried to play it on the floor. The Pompey goal was very well taken and Agyemang will cause chaos in this division. Will be surprised if Pompey aren't in the play offs. Our formation looked useful and good to see us try something different. I hope we don't retreat back to defensive hoofball next week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 4:27 pm

hairy j wrote:
You aren't though. It was an entertaining football match. We played very well in the first half. Why you can't just concede that, I don't know.
Gotta agree with you, I thought we edged the first half, infact we dominated the first 30 minutes.

Second half seemed more Pompey's from what I saw.

It was a good performance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 5:05 pm

I'm all for the cynicism of this site, by God the club deserves it but that shouldn't stop a realistic appraisal if that means some praise is due. I enjoyed it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
I'm all for the cynicism of this site, by God the club deserves it but that shouldn't stop a realistic appraisal if that means some praise is due. I enjoyed it
Zackly. Newell and Webb will always be cnuts of the highest order but credit where credit's due. A draw was a fair result and we should've pressed more when we had the lead and were the better side.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Dougie wrote:
The President encouraging everyone to sing up today

So did the crowd comply with The Presidents request
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 6:11 pm

gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
For the love of god Sheridan get Reid off the pitch!!!
Try getting your chair facing the tv rather than the garden.
if you say man who lives with ladyboys cheers cheers cheers 

His job is to score goals not waste opportunities and moan about being offside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 6:29 pm

Dougie wrote:
Dougie wrote:
The President encouraging everyone to sing up today

So did the crowd comply with The Presidents request
NO............ the atmosphere was poor (Pompey were quite loud)

For my first game this season i have to admit it was much better than i was expecting.

We do try to play good passing football.

The players seemed to give 100%, Sheridan has not lost the dressing room.

Reid worked his socks off chasing, harrassing and holding/laying the ball off quite well.

Their player(Agemang?) is an absolute beast.

A draw was probably a fair result although we did have a couple of chances to nick it.

Overall i think if Sheridan was given proper backing by B***t to bring in half tidy players instead of tiny budget crap like Hayes we would do Ok.

Give Sheridan a chance, spend some money B***t or f*ck off.

Edited to add.........Angry you are wrong, Reid was our best player imo.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Compared to other games I have seen I thought we played ok today. Young played a fairly good game for a youngster.  The ref / linesman was shocking at times with some of the decisions.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:03 pm

Didn't go today,recorded it and watched later, which gave a completely different perspective.Can't see how anyone could call that match a "route 1 fest",thought both teams tried to play some football and some of Argyle's approach play was very good,intricate in fact,at times.The one real criticism was the lack of killer instinct after the opening goal-Argyle seemed to drop off and let Pompey back into the game with inevitable results,shocking marking for the equaliser,the guy had an ocean of space to pick his spot.Not a bad performance and ok result but the lack of goals throughout the team is still very worrying-it may seem unfair to pick out Nelson but he had two very good chances today which should have been buried-goals from all areas are very important and Argyle just aren't getting it right in this respect which, if you have a non prolific strike force as well,is not a good recipe.Still,a bit more encouraging today but toughie coming at Hartlepool,who have had a couple of good away wins this week,next Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:25 pm

just got in from a fairly major sesh-on

thought we did ok, will watch the game again tomorrow under proper hangover conditions

not happy with Pompey in the Brit after, even if they were shirter scarfer fucktards

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth Match Thread.....
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next