Tringreen
Czarcasm
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:38 pm

not quite sure why houraine ran away from the pompey player for the equaliser!

better than I thought we'd be but pompey had better openings and should have done better.
we on the other hand were too sloppy in midfield but rot had to be stopped and a point has done that for now.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:50 pm

Listened on Radio Devon, got to say I thought Chris Webb was a pretty good summariser. Sparksy as usual was over excitable, twice a thought we had retaken the lead. Still as least he has passion and cares.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:56 pm

hairy j wrote:
It was an entertaining football match.
It wasn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:57 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Listened on Radio Devon, got to say I thought Chris Webb was a pretty good summariser.  Sparksy as usual was over excitable, twice a thought we had retaken the lead.  Still as least he has passion and cares.
Suspect 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 8:12 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Listened on Radio Devon, got to say I thought Chris Webb was a pretty good summariser.  Sparksy as usual was over excitable, twice a thought we had retaken the lead.  Still as least he has passion and cares.
ok who are you and where is the real pepsipete :O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
hairy j wrote:
It was an entertaining football match.
It wasn't.
It was.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:40 am

Angry wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
For the love of god Sheridan get Reid off the pitch!!!
Try getting your chair facing the tv rather than the garden.
if you say man who lives with ladyboys cheers cheers cheers 

His job is to score goals not waste opportunities and moan about being offside.
If you thought Reid was the problem today then I despair.
He played alone up front and held the ball up well. OK he got caught offside a couple of times but he did ok.
As for the ladyboys well that's a different ball game altogether. Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 11:08 am

gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
For the love of god Sheridan get Reid off the pitch!!!
Try getting your chair facing the tv rather than the garden.
if you say man who lives with ladyboys cheers cheers cheers 

His job is to score goals not waste opportunities and moan about being offside.
If you thought Reid was the problem today then I despair.
He played alone up front and held the ball up well. OK he got caught offside a couple of times but he did ok.
As for the ladyboys well that's a different ball game altogether. Laughing 
He wasnt alone striker though he has hayes for most the game (which admittedly he didnt do anything) and then had Alessandra and harvey at different points of the game as his partner. If he was playing a lone striker role then who would he be holding the ball up for :S.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 11:32 am

Reid was causing their defence problems from the off, better off without all this route one hit the big guy with the ball crap. Reid took the ball to feet and got behind his man more than once, playing Rovers we were lumping the ball to him and it was pretty ineffective, I rated him yesterday, it's as though Angers was watching a different game?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 11:41 am

I watched the game (cheers beys) and thought argyle tried to play football to their credit, reid worked hard through out and hourihane was decent, but both fullbacks were poor i dont think harvey is the answer upfront, but we need a goal threat from somewhere, the team has the makings of a decent side but it needs three or four new faces to make that happen, down to nineteenth in the basement league and they wonder why fans don't bother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 11:45 am

Iggy wrote:
Reid was causing their defence problems from the off, better off without all this route one hit the big guy with the ball crap. Reid took the ball to feet and got behind his man more than once, playing Rovers we were lumping the ball to him and it was pretty ineffective, I rated him yesterday, it's as though Angers was watching a different game?
i watching the same game but i dont rate a striker for being difficult to deal with as thats their job. Its kind of the bare minimum of the requirement a striker has to have in his game. Also, all of that counts for nothing if you cant get shots on target or even play off the other striker your alongside.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:00 pm

I only watched the second half and we were shit - it was ALL Pompey. At the end of the day we only scraped a draw at home. Nowhere near good enough.

Down with the Stanley!
We're going down with the Stanley!

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:46 pm

We had 7 shots on target compared to 3. Hardly Portsmouth dominance. The Sky highlights didn't show the Boco header that should have gone in. The team played some decent passing football in the first half but faded in the second. That's a decent side we played yesterday too.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:52 pm

A decent lower half 4th division side?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:02 pm

They had three of the best players I've seen this season. Agyamang (no idea how to spell it), the left midfield/winger, number 11 and their right back were all very good. Good to have you back Damon.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Cheers hairy - only saw the game on tv but agree about the individuals. But other teams have sussed them and they leak goals - we were lucky to get the one we did.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:15 pm

My concern is that to the players this was our cup final - the build up, the sky cameras, the relatively big crowd (10,000 Mr President?) and a derby - and that was as good as it gets. If they weren't up for this game then nothing much will rock their boat and make them play better.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:31 pm

This was the first Argyle game I've watched for a long time and I see on the farm that they're suggesting that Blackman would be better suited to the left wingback role than Reckord. I saw from the Swindon report that Blackman impressed with a bit of pace and his ability to beat a man.
If my memory serves me correctly, one reason why Argyle attacked down the right consistently, could be because Pompey's young dangerman Wallace, operates centre right of midfield and we would have been exposed if Reckord/Blackman kept getting caught upfield ?

I've mentioned it elsewhere but I hope Sheridan persists with this formation and personnel. I was pleasantly surprised by some of the passing and as I know Wotton can't pass and I've heard Branston can't either. Both are probably too slow too, to play at the back in this system anyway ?
They'll still have a role on some dark winter days up north, I suspect ?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Freathy wrote:
Like I said Pompey will win comfortably.  We are worse than shit.
Wrong again why don't you actually watch a match then your pathetic predictions might get a bit more accurate!
Actually a decent game, Pompey fans were great company later for a few beers on the Barbican, Sheridan's changes worked well, main disppointment size of crowd.
Although Pompey fans said only 1,500 available to club.cheers 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:47 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Like I said Pompey will win comfortably.  We are worse than shit.
Wrong again why don't you actually watch a match then your pathetic predictions might get a bit more accurate!
Actually a decent game, Pompey fans were great company later for a few beers on the Barbican, Sheridan's changes worked well, main disppointment size of  crowd.
Although Pompey fans said only 1,500 available to club.cheers 
Same bait still works, Sad Act ?

ATD Forecasting League history :

2010/11 winner Tringreen

2011/12 winner Rickler

2012/13 winner Freathy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Cool cheers 
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Razz cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:13 pm

What a thing to be happy about. Like winning an ass kicking contest against a one legged man.

Reckord had a dog of a game as he had nobody in front of him. Blanchard had Berry in front of him. I didn't understand why Reckord had no midfielder in front of him. I am assuming it should have been Boco but he was playing behind the front two. That's where their goal came from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 4:27 pm

No surprise Tringy that with the seasons we've had recently that the characters who tend to predict doom and gloom have won the predictions competition.

Fair play to your open and reasonably positive response to yesterdays game but I'll believe Freathy is a good reader of the game and not on a wind up ehen he predicts the upward curve of results, because it will happen one day.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 5:40 pm

I thought Argyle were ok in the first 20/25 minutes,then after that the game was shite. Two bad defending FAULTS by both teams led to the goals.

Yapping to the Pompey fans in the Brit after the game and they said Argyle were shit,Pompey were shit and a draw was about right. When asked how they thought they would fair in the league,they replied that they would be happy with a mid-table finish and said Argyle would also finish in a mid-table position..

Everyone was thrown by the early kick-off time too..

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth Match Thread.....   Portsmouth Match Thread..... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth Match Thread.....
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next