Freathy
Tringreen
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Peggy

Peggy

Just about sums up this shite club!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 11:17 pm

Ah - the accuracy was re the Argo stuff, Iggy. I've no idea if the seafaring bit's accurate, although I do sometimes take the small people on a boat trip. Torpoint Ferry and back.

Now. This is an important bit -

Tgwu wrote:
What as FES to do with the boardroom
Not only that, but does this mean the boardroom will still be standing for the 'next few weeks'?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 10:20 am

By the boardroom he obviously means the prawn sandwich buffet? I've never been to one so that's only a guess though. As for the the start date I wonder if anybody really knows. My guess is that the shops are not selling like the hot cakes that he hoped for, I read somewhere else that the school has problems with funding, what a shame we don't have a transparent owner as we will all have to guess and speculate now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 10:46 am

Posted by porky,

When a few of us forced our way into the Board Room (Zee and Oddball to name just two), Wraithall, Dennerly and Stapleton were in there.

The staff were not being paid.

That was my point. Let's not hold them up as a shining beacon eh? That disgusted me then, and still does.

Yet Brent must have been served by staff that were only being paid by the generosity of the fans and the GTs many a time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:52 am

Iggy wrote:
By the boardroom he obviously means the prawn sandwich buffet? I've never been to one so that's only a guess though. As for the the start date I wonder if anybody really knows. My guess is that the shops are not selling like the hot cakes that he hoped for, I read somewhere else that the school has problems with funding, what a shame we don't have a transparent owner as we will all have to guess and speculate now.
its the sort of question that the Trust and the PASB (if they had balls) should be asking. Holding the custodian to account and safe guarding the future of the club is in their manifestos i believe.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Iggy wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Iggy wrote:
We have always had the Mayflower as our flagship, since Brent has been aboard it fiction, looks good.been struggling to move with a foul bottom, the headsail in tatters luffs from side to side as someone with a bucket on a rope tries vainly to keep the rudderless ship into the wind and off the Lee shore of the conference Isles, James and Martyn are having pink gins with Tudor and the press on the poop deck of HMS Akkeron a huge gleaming liner lying just offshore, sir! sir! Shouts bosun Bacon the Mayflower is going aground! Dont worry Bacon, shes well insured so be a good man and cast off will you?
We're doomed I tell 'ee.
Not just accurate, but beautiful.

sunny 
Very Happy  I've been expecting Seadog to pitch in any minute and tell me what's wrong with my analogy from a technical point of view. sunny 
Strictly steam, apart from Mirror Dinghies in the DHS sailing club, but having read a lot of canvas related fiction and non fiction, sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just about sums up this shite club!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2