Han Solos Other Ship
seadog
Freathy
Tringreen
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Just about sums up this shite club!! Empty
PostSubject: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:47 am

Posted on Pispoti, 'Goals' thread by a fan IPA

After yesterday I'm losing all faith in this club not just on the field but off it aswel and seriously starting to regret renewing my full membership.

Firstly, a few weeks ago I took the wife and little boy away for a few days and stayed in one of Brent's hotels in Bournemouth. Under the terms of full membership I believed we would receive a 10% discount when staying in any Akeron hotel but they would not honour that agreement with the manager claiming it did not apply during peak season. I've certainly never heard that before and felt very cheated especially as these hotels are not cheap to stay in.

Then yesterday my best mate - who has terminal cancer - got to the game and realised he'd left his season ticket at home so got his wife to pick him up and hurriedly went back to get it and only got to HP just before half time. He was told on his arrival that he wouldn't be let into the Devonport End to sit in his normal seat next to us even though we had his flask with his hot drink and his food. Instead he was told he would have to find a seat in the Mayflower on his own. He even went to the reception office and pleaded his case but was told there was no chance so he told them to where to go and went home to listen to the game on the radio. Makes my blood boil just thinking about it. :furious:

On top of that we had to sit and witness an entire afternoon of dour tactically clueless football with two big cart horses up front who clearly don't work well together - too similar in my opinion - and not a hope in hell of scoring a goal to celebrate. I honestly thought Sheridan was the man to take us forward but I have doubts now.

No wonder so many people have turned their backs on the club in recent years as they do so little to endear themselves to the supporters. :sigh:

The club has not got a clue!!!!!!Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:01 am

I'd say you and the unfortunate guy are right there Bandy. There is no hint of customer service at the club and staff just don't seem to have a feckin clue.

Whether it's the ridiculous "saving" of 40p for buying your ticket in advance, the clueless staff in the bar areas waiting for customers at half-time rather than having dozens of beers already poured so that more people could get served or incidents like this and the season ticket scanners not working properly.

Once we went into administration we became a piddling amateurly run club and nothing has changed in the two or three years since.

The soul has been ripped out of the club and under James Brent's guidance it isn't that important for it to change.

The funny thing about the hotel discount refusal is that you don't need to be a season ticket holder to get the 10% discount! If you book online anyone can enter the discount code, which I won't type but is readily available, and your 10% discount is deducted.

Not that I'd ever use an Akkeron Hotel while I have a hole in my ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:07 am

I wonder how long it will be before Saint Nikkkkkkkkk or his PR agent replies giving away a signed Chadwick shirt or Pasoti sticker and mug to shut him up?

This has every chance of turning into a vomit inducing photo opportunity for Newell to go to the guy with cancers house and present him with a shirt and signed photo, just as long as he sticks to the agreed script and praises Newell/Brent/FES/FIL to the hilt and goes from a pissed off customer to a Pasoti lover and mate of Newell's.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:09 am

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys, volunteers and wannabes.

What possible excuse could they have for not allowing a season ticket holder into his seat in the Devonport ? It might put drummer boy off his inane flow ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:13 am

Greenjock wrote:
I wonder how long it will be before Saint Nikkkkkkkkk or his PR agent replies giving away a signed Chadwick shirt or Pasoti sticker and mug to shut him up?

This has every chance of turning into a vomit inducing photo opportunity for Newell to go to the guy with cancers house and present him with a shirt and signed photo, just as long as he sticks to the agreed script and praises Newell/Brent/FES/FIL to the hilt and goes from a pissed off customer to a Pasoti lover and mate of Newell's.

We should have a sweepstake on that - how long before the (very highly publicised) FES free ticket gesture?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:55 am

Freathy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

We should have a sweepstake on that - how long before the (very highly publicised) FES free ticket gesture?

Oh yes, it will happen No The Directors' Box Experience, no doubt. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:03 am

Pencils are being sharpened at the Erald as we speak, or rather type.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:15 am

This bunch of *ankers have always been the same - they treat the customer with contempt and I think it's just starting to get through to the base support!! Just another reason why I wouldn't blink if this mess goes bust next time - could well be sooner than we think!!
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:36 am

Thats feckin disgusting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:38 am

Greenjock wrote:

I wonder if the poor guy with cancer kicks up a fuss, Newell will send out more white feathers? I wouldn't worry though. De-Liar will assure the guy that everything Brent is doing is absolutely the right thing for all concerned with PAFC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:45 am

I was once told that the culture of a business is dictated by the personality of its owner or owners and spreads from the top and cascades down. It kinda all fits into place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:46 am

GOB wrote:

I was once told that the culture of a business is dictated by the personality of its owner or owners and spreads from the top and cascades down. It kinda all fits into place.
That would explain a hell of a lot, Gob.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:51 am

A business, any business is only as good as its staff, when the club was in admin. we were run by volunteers whose approach was less than professional because they were amateurs helping the club in its time of need and at the time were well appreciated by all. Now that Brent has owned the club for a couple of years what do we find? The club still being run in an amateur fashion, the ticket office struggles to cope with selling more than a few thousand tickets, the club shop looks like a car boot sale with none of the sizes that you require (I haven't been since last year when I bought my nephew a shirt and it may have improved but it wasn't good) you have to arrive early to get to your seat on time when we have a crowd of 7k and you can't get a hot drink or pint unless you turn up well early. The club is as amateur now as it was during Admin. from the top to the bottom. As for the stand don't get me started, it now appears we can't ask questions "because the facts aren't known yet" "the internal layout hasn't been decided upon", "we may be able to put a bar in there because the 660 prawnies were only imaginary". (so where did you arrive at the £1 to £2m figure then James?)
We have always had the Mayflower as our flagship, since Brent has been aboard it has been struggling to move with a foul bottom, the headsail in tatters luffs from side to side as someone with a bucket on a rope tries vainly to keep the rudderless ship into the wind and off the Lee shore of the conference Isles, James and Martyn are having pink gins with Tudor and the press on the poop deck of HMS Akkeron a huge gleaming liner lying just offshore, sir! sir! Shouts bosun Bacon the Mayflower is going aground! Dont worry Bacon, shes well insured so be a good man and cast off will you?
We're doomed I tell 'ee.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:54 am

GOB wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:56 am

Greenskin wrote:
GOB wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I quite like this one...

The Turks have a homely proverb applied on such occasions: they say "the fish stinks first at the head".
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:14 am

What's the betting that the PASOTI poster gets offered a freebie at one of Brent's hotels following the situation at the Bournemouth establishment.

Regarding the poor chap with cancer and his attempt to enter the Devonport End,well that is truly scandalous indeed. I hope whoever refused him entry is brought to book over this. I would certainly send a strongly worded letter to Brent and demand action be taken.

It really sums up the club at the moment and is not a good advert either.

PS

I can see problems for the Pompey game tbh,as there will be many who will turn up to POTD and we all know what chaos that brings ......in the words of the Kaiser Chiefs - "I predict a riot".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:19 am

VillageGreen wrote:
What's the betting that the PASOTI poster gets offered a freebie at one of Brent's hotels following the situation at the Bournemouth establishment.

Regarding the poor chap with cancer and his attempt to enter the Devonport End,well that is truly scandalous indeed. I hope whoever refused him entry is brought to book over this. I would certainly send a strongly worded letter to Brent and demand action be taken.

It really sums up the club at the moment and is not a good advert either.

PS

I can see problems for the Pompey game tbh,as there will be many who will turn up to POTD and we all know what chaos that brings ......in the words of the Kaiser Chiefs - "I predict a riot".
Unfortunately the only train route that will get Pompey fans to the game on time happens to be on the train we catch - head screwed on that day!!affraid 
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:21 pm

If that story is bad enough just imagine how it will be when Gnome Park is nestling in Brent's corporate ghetto. Football fans will no doubt be seen as an inconvienience amongst the ice rink, fast food, hotel punters and cinema goers.cheers 
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Iggy wrote:
We have always had the Mayflower as our flagship, since Brent has been aboard it has been struggling to move with a foul bottom, the headsail in tatters luffs from side to side as someone with a bucket on a rope tries vainly to keep the rudderless ship into the wind and off the Lee shore of the conference Isles, James and Martyn are having pink gins with Tudor and the press on the poop deck of HMS Akkeron a huge gleaming liner lying just offshore, sir! sir! Shouts bosun Bacon the Mayflower is going aground! Dont worry Bacon, shes well insured so be a good man and cast off will you?
We're doomed I tell 'ee.
Not just accurate, but beautiful.

sunny 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:34 pm

I had that trouble a few times over the last 2 seasons. Try to get into the disabled section with the head of the household at 3 minutes past 3 but was told the door was closed and had to walk to the only opened gate which is behind the Mayflower towards the Far Post club. I seem to remember that there was always a gate still open for each stand a good 10-15 minutes after the kick off.
Was also not to happy to find when reaching the turnstiles for the Mayflower, walking around to the disabled section to find one of the stewards letting others in
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:54 pm

disgusting yet i dont finding it shocking sadly. The club has no real concept of keep the fans happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Angry wrote:
disgusting yet i dont finding it shocking sadly. The club has no real concept of keep the fans happy.
The Club no longer needs to keep fans/customers happy, that isn't the agenda. What the 'Club', or James Brent, needs to do is pacify until the development is built and complete, that's where the newells and webbs come in handy. 

Swap the title Plymouth Argyle Football Club for Plymouth Argyle Developments, it provides a far more accurate perception.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:52 pm

quote tring Oh yes, it will happen, The Directors' Box Experience, no doubt.quote

nearly right

Quote from the pig master

As it happens, IPA's problems are being sorted and he and his pal should have been contacted by now, by officials from PAFC and Akkeron. I passed on the narrative to the right people.

I would also add that IPA and his chum will be in the Board Room courtesy of FES in the next few weeks.

What as FES to do with the boardroom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:54 pm

Lol whoodathunkit? Porky and FES to the rescue!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:58 pm

Peggy wrote:
Iggy wrote:
We're doomed I tell 'ee.
Not just accurate, but beautiful.

sunny 
Very Happy  I've been expecting Seadog to pitch in any minute and tell me what's wrong with my analogy from a technical point of view. sunny 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just about sums up this shite club!!   Just about sums up this shite club!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just about sums up this shite club!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next