The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sums up Brent in a sentence.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Sums up Brent in a sentence. Empty
PostSubject: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

James Brent has told Insider of his plans to make the area around Home Park the South West's top sporting destination.

Quote:
"Plymouth in my view is lacking self-confidence and examples of top quality. Plymothians are shy in expressing pride and aspiration but all regional cities need that – and there's definitely more 'bounce' in the city than when I got here. We'll only challenge the cynicism by delivering more than pretty drawings."

I see JB's totally missed the point again!

Shouldn't he be aiming to make the area INSIDE Home Park the South west's top sporting destination?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:28 pm

He doesn't get it he never will, Argyle is a means to an end nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:43 pm

The less clever janners will lap it up though. The fact that brent is building a ministand that restricts the club's growth for very many decades to come seems not to bother them. As long as he gives us a dentists, a school, a suspect hotel, an ice rink apparently too small too be of any real use, a few eateries, some more shops when half the city centre is closing down, and another cinema for which there really can't be any demand. I'd rather this shit just stayed as a "pretty drawing" thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:48 pm

Must applaud Esmer over on the other site - he is sticking to his guns:

The fact is whatever the benefits of the ice rink, hotel, cinema, retail units, dental surgery etc it's being done at the expense of the football club. Our long term ambitions should not be sacrificed to benefit ice skaters and cinema goers.
I appreciate what James Brent has done for this club and I believe him when he says the development is struggling to be commercially viable. He is trying, understandably, to squeeze every penny out of the development and save money wherever he can, but the only area he can ecomomise is the stand which has an, obvious, serious impact on the football club. Whoever heard of a school and a dental surgery actually within a professional football club's stadium? The buildings either side of the stand will be down to pitch level and the buildings corners will be within 5/10 metres of the corner flags, and 3/4m higher than the horseshoe. It's a nightmare.

If the development isn't commercially viable it would be best for James Brent and the club to leave it and carry on with the stand that has served us well for 60 years, and don't sacrifice the opportunity for someone to come along later and develop the ground as it should be developed.

Why, oh why doesnt Brent compromise?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:54 pm

Doesn't know the meaning of the word. Before any compromise is made he will threaten to liquidate us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Must applaud Esmer over on the other site - he is sticking to his guns:

The fact is whatever the benefits of the ice rink, hotel, cinema, retail units, dental surgery etc it's being done at the expense of the football club. Our long term ambitions should not be sacrificed to benefit ice skaters and cinema goers.
I appreciate what James Brent has done for this club and I believe him when he says the development is struggling to be commercially viable. He is trying, understandably, to squeeze every penny out of the development and save money wherever he can, but the only area he can ecomomise is the stand which has an, obvious, serious impact on the football club. Whoever heard of a school and a dental surgery actually within a professional football club's stadium? The buildings either side of the stand will be down to pitch level and the buildings corners will be within 5/10 metres of the corner flags, and 3/4m higher than the horseshoe. It's a nightmare.

If the development isn't commercially viable it would be best for James Brent and the club to leave it and carry on with the stand that has served us well for 60 years, and don't sacrifice the opportunity for someone to come along later and develop the ground as it should be developed.

Why, oh why doesnt Brent compromise?

he wont make money that way whic his at the end of the day all he is interested in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Grovehill wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

James Brent has told Insider of his plans to make the area around Home Park the South West's top sporting destination.

Quote:
"Plymouth in my view is lacking self-confidence and examples of top quality. Plymothians are shy in expressing pride and aspiration but all regional cities need that – and there's definitely more 'bounce' in the city than when I got here. We'll only challenge the cynicism by delivering more than pretty drawings."

I see JB's totally missed the point again!

Shouldn't he be aiming to make the area INSIDE Home Park the South west's top sporting destination?

This "South West's top sporting destination" crap was trotted out by Chris Webb to me when he was attempting to justify the bloody postboxes for Tom Daley and that Eastern European janner girl.

This is obviously JB's hookline when trying to persuade anyone that he's not just here for the land. "It's going to be a part of the South West's finest sporting destination" or as Webb put it, "The finest sporting destination south of Bristol" cheers cheers cheers

Not exactly much competition is it? He's basically saying it's better than Dyrons youth centre in Newton Abbott, or on a par with Launceston squash club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:09 pm

sum brent up in a picture[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:46 pm

James Brent[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:30 pm

money grabbing banker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:53 pm

Angry wrote:
money grabbing banker.

Wanker
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:05 pm

trophies create a buzz.......not ice rinks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:24 am

than when I got here ?

thought exiles werent entitled to opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:00 am

There were some very astute posters on the other site at the time Mr Reluctant popped his head up - they said beware and boy were they right!! I was intrigued to read this post from EJH on that site yesterday:

I have read an interview from the past where James Brent stated he knew nothing about Argyle until the Council approached him, as opposed to the other way around.

They asked him as a developer they were working with on the Millbay area to save the club, and some development agenda was struck whereby we are seeing the ice rink, cinema and grandstand redevelopment deal in return for access to develop on all the land at 'Higher Home Park'.

This is my understanding of it - he was always Plymouth City Council's man.

PL2, Stu C and Graham Clark might be able to fill in more details and correct any perceived errors.

If anywhere near true, this really completes the circle on this deal - this could have always been a forgone conclusion I'm afraid!! Don't like any of this - hope a spanner is dropped in from somewhere!!

Last edited by Bandwagon on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:10 am

Maybe we could get this guy in instead.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sums up Brent in a sentence.   Sums up Brent in a sentence. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sums up Brent in a sentence.
Page 1 of 1